Pros talking about gear

Wolfinator

Trusted Member
I've watched alot of Youtube vids where IFBB pros past and prrsent are asked what type of gear they use/used. It was amazing to me how clueless some of them were about AAS. Lee Priest was one who stood out as pretty uninformed as to what compounds do what. Maybe he just did whatever his doc or coach told him. I think alot of the members here are alot more educated about AAS than alot of these pros. Having said that, they are all awesome at what they do, regardless of their steroid knowlege.

I've watched alot of Youtube vids where IFBB pros past and prrsent are asked what type of gear they use/used. It was amazing to me how clueless some of them were about AAS. Lee Priest was one who stood out as pretty uninformed as to what compounds do what. Maybe he just did whatever his doc or coach told him. I think alot of the members here are alot more educated about AAS than alot of these pros. Having said that, they are all awesome at what they do, regardless of their steroid knowlege.
I watched something with Jay Cutler. He talks about the gear he used, again he didn't really have a lot of knowledge.
He had a good understanding, but I'm going to guess he has everything laid out for him... that or he's playing ignorant.
Not that he didn't know about what he was using, but was only aware of a few compounds.
Who knows... they could just be letting on that they know less then they really do.
Obviously something is working for those guys!!! Lol

Since not one person on this board has reached the level of Lee Priest, I guess his ignorance worked for him.
Maybe this just proves that training and diet are way more important than gear useage.
So many people try to finesse gear, but don’t do the same with the rest.

Since not one person on this board has reached the level of Lee Priest, I guess his ignorance worked for him.
Maybe this just proves that training and diet are way more important than gear useage.
So many people try to finesse gear, but don’t do the same with the rest.
Absolutely true. And let's not forget that very few people in the world have the genetics that an IFBB pro has, and no amount of gear, food, training or rest will ever compensate for that....

I remember Arnold saying they didn't even count the dbol they took back then. They would just pour them out into there hand and take a handfull..lol

Best one I saw was a guy saying he was taking a bottle of orals a day. Didn't even know what kind. Just a bottle and up to a gram of injectables. Apparently the pros ran 10g+ of gear a week according to him Haha. Was a golden era bodybuilder

Yeah and I sure as fuck don't believe any of this 'oh we only used to run a gram of anabolics for contest prep'.

Even the guys who use more modest dosages are still using a fuck ton.

Best one I saw was a guy saying he was taking a bottle of orals a day. Didn't even know what kind. Just a bottle and up to a gram of injectables. Apparently the pros ran 10g+ of gear a week according to him Haha. Was a golden era bodybuilder
I was gonna mention that, can't remember who it was or the drug either though. Somebody sorta second tier, blondish hair? training in Venice Beach area. Just tried google but it's what to search? lol

Yeah and I sure as fuck don't believe any of this 'oh we only used to run a gram of anabolics for contest prep'.

Even the guys who use more modest dosages are still using a fuck ton.
I always got the feeling that at least some of them didn't come off for years. Remember it wasn't very long ago that it was unacceptable for guys to admit taking anything at all publicly. So maybe at first they minimized.
In the early 80's I saw a few huge guys that never showed any sign of taking a break for a handful of years. Like national level guys. Also I think the "it's all drugs bro" stigma robs some of a piece of their pride so they may minimize as well.

TLDR - actually it's probably mostly genetics though imo, elite is elite

One guy who knows his shit is Dexter Jackson. I remember discussing his gear use with him about 10 years ago..... The amounts were ridiculous. Very open about it though. He told me he would cruise on 2g test, rotate in nandrolone/eq during his cruise (basically whatever he had on hand), 15ius growth, up to 100ius insulin. Then these amounts would double with other compounds added during a blast.

I hope this guys memory is a little off .

That's the guy alright, I heard the interview with Carl Lanore at around 8 mins in. Pete Grymkowski owned Golds gym in Venice Beach for a while back in those days. I don't know what to think about his claims .

Well to put things in perspective... I can drink about 4 beer on a good weekend night.... I have buddies that will easily drink 24.... doesn't make it right!!
Some people build a huge tolerance.... but doing that much of anything... you are playing Russian roulette with your health and life!!!
Lucky we have more education around AAS these days.... and most people are smart enough to keep doses at a realistic range... obviously still people out there abusing...
But man .. that really is a crazy amount of gear... even if he was only doing half what he said... still insane!!!

I hope this guys memory is a little off .

FUCK me, 5 bottles of orals and 10,000 mg a day in 9 shots a day? Maybe he has an iron liver and incredible kidneys / heart but bullshit.
I know a few competitors who were running gear for competitions not remotely close to that. If the bottle only had a few pills OK, but if it had 50-60 pills and he was taking 300 pills a day - BS.
The main competitor I am personal friends with didn't do remotely close to that but he was taking 1/3 of that minus the orals - orals taken in reasonable doses and he ended in the ER with hypertensive crisis, elevated liver enzymes, fucked lipids, heart under major stress, and kidney blood test indicating he was on his way to dialysis. He stopped immediately but still has residual issues.
Another good friend who won the masters in Atlantic Canada was taking ridiculous amounts of gear, HGH, insulin, and unfortunately he died at 44. He was a friend and a monster but one look at him and he looked very unhealthy.

I know there are guys born with iron organs and can take much more than others but even guys competing and hoping to make money off this sport, that is plain irresponsible and clearly you are either ignorant or a complete narcissist and don't give a shit about your loved ones.

Pete Grymkowski was the guy,,,,,he ran a series of articles back in the day in Muscle Builder and Power magazine on steroids and his usage. They did an interview a few years back on him where he talks about doing like 10g a day intravenously.

EDIT...just noticed someone else posted this info....lol

Absolutely true. And let's not forget that very few people in the world have the genetics that an IFBB pro has, and no amount of gear, food, training or rest will ever compensate for that....
I’m not sure if it’s all genetics, of course a small percentage would just never be a bodybuilder, but I believe it’s more in the want, need, willing to sacrifice everything for it, and be consistant and methodical approach.

I remember way back when, I was natural, I lived ate and slept lifting. I shit at certain times, ate at certain times, sacrificed everything for the goal of getting bigger.
I put in so much mass in 6 months, not one person at work believed I wasn’t running gear.

I used to be the super fast metabolism type, the hard gainer.
But if you apply yourself hard, unless you are so genetically fucked, you could achieve pro level. Just not everyone has that goal or drive.