Proposed First Cycle - Thoughts?

Peter Akara

Trusted Member
30yo, 5'9" aprox 10% BF @ 160 lb. Looking to start my first cycle 1-week from today. Have pre-cycles labs being done tomorrow. Looking for any advice on the regimen before pulling the trigger:

Wk 1: Test E 250mg E3.5D
Wk 2: Test E 250mg E3.5D + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 3: Test E 250mg E3.5D + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 4: Test E 250mg E3.5D+ Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 5: Test E 250mg E3.5D + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 6: Test E 250mg E3.5D + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 7: Test E 250mg E3.5D + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 8: Test E 250mg E3.5D + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 9: Test E 250mg E3.5D) + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 10: Test E 250mg E3.5D + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 11: Test E 250mg E3.5D + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 12: Test E 250mg E3.5D+ HCG 500iu 3x/week + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 13: Test E 250mg E3.5D + HCG 500iu 3x/week + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 14: Test E 250mg E3.5D + HCG 500iu 3x/week + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 15: Test E 250mg E3.5D + HCG 500iu 2x/week + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 16: HCG 500iu 2x/week + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 17: HCG 500iu 2x/week + Asin 12.5mg E3.5D*
Wk 18: (PCT Wk 1): Nolva 20mg ED
Wk 19: (PCT Wk 2): Nolva 20mg ED
Wk 20: (PCT Wk 3): Nolva 20mg ED
Wk 21: (PCT Wk 4): Nolva 20mg ED
*Will be adjusting AI based on labs done during cycle

AI:
-As noted, I plan to start wk 2 with a small dose as propylaxis, however will be adjusting based on labwork

Pins:
-Drawing with 20ga 1"
-Injecting with 25ga 1 - 1.5"
-Will rotate quads and gluts for Test
-HCG will be done SubQ (diabetic needles)

Diet:
-Will be eating at aprox TDEE + 30%
-Macros aprox 45% C / 30% P / 25% F
-Will attempt to split meals between 5x/day

Routine:
-Workouts 6x/weekly
-Rotation of a 4-day split:
Day 1: Chest/Bi's
Day 2: Legs/Shoulders
Day 3: Back/Tri's
Day 4: Deadlifts / Core / Cardio

In summary:
-15 weeks of Test E 500mg/wk
-6 weeks of HCG leading up to PCT (3 wk @ 500 3x/weekly; 3 wk @ 500 2x/weekly)**
**This include 2 weeks of no Test-E prior to PCT.
-4 weeks of PCT

Thanks for reading! Will be starting a log next week!

Last edited:
Looks good man.

Since you're getting bloodwork don't dose aromasin until you've got your results back. You may not need it.

Also you could consider using HCG earlier on. Lower doses (150-250iu) more frequently won't spike E as much. I dosed 250iu MWF.

Other than that solid plan, and nice to see that you're getting bloodwork.

Drop the aromasin unless you absolutely need it.
Agree with this. Keep it on hand but again your doses are low and you shouldn’t need an ai while on cycle. But have it on hand just incase you need it.
Looks ok to me as I noted AI would be adjusted based on BW.
Looks good man.

Since you're getting bloodwork don't dose aromasin until you've got your results back. You may not need it.

Also you could consider using HCG earlier on. Lower doses (150-250iu) more frequently won't spike E as much. I dosed 250iu MWF.

Other than that solid plan, and nice to see that you're getting bloodwork.

Thanks fellas.
Due to so many comments re: my AI, I will either drop the AI until labs/sides necessitates OR I will reduce the dose even further, like a quarter tab of AI twice weekly (Asin 6.25mg E3.5D), which is a nearly homeopathic dose.... Gyno would be an extremely unpleasant side for me, so the idea of running my first cycle without a scheduled AI does make me nervous haha

Last edited:
Thanks fellas.
Due to so many comments re: my AI, I will either drop the AI until labs/sides necessitates OR I will reduce the dose even further, like a quarter tab of AI twice weekly (Asin 6.25mg E3.5D), which is a nearly homeopathic dose.... Gyno would be an extremely unpleasant side for me, so the idea of running my first cycle without a scheduled AI does make me nervous haha
Just have the a.i. on hand. Dont use it unless you need it. You dont want to crash your estrogen.

Thanks fellas.
Yeah man, I hear you but... you're starting this cycle with a low BF% and are fairly lean. I would bet that if you started dosing aromasin at that dose early on you'd drive your E too low.

You're in a great position given that you're getting BW. Don't dose any AI till you get your BW and your E drifts out of that optimal range..barring obvious sides such as itchy nips etc. Had I dosed any AI prior to week 7 (ish) I would have 100% driven my E too low and would have made for an extremely unpleasant first cycle. FWIW I let my E get to 80pg and experienced zero high E sides.

Cardio during a bulking cycle? Seems like a waste of calories too me. What are you trying to do, burn them off - or turn them into gains. Is it common for people to do cardio while bulking? Or is it me?

I'd also add that pinning the quds always gave me major pain and issues. By far the most painful area to pin for me.

I rotate between ventroglutes and delts mostly. And lats and triceps if I'm pinning EOD.

Cardio during a bulking cycle? Seems like a waste of calories too me. What are you trying to do, burn them off - or turn them into gains. Is it common for people to do cardio while bulking? Or is it me?
Cardio year round man. It's real good for you.

I'm not a big fan but, to me, its a necessary evil. Hiit or tabatas 2-3 times a week at minimum with some endurance.

LISS for 20mins burns approx 200cals. 200cals = 2 tablespoons or peanut butter. So that means you do 20mins of cardio and you can have an extra 2 tablespoons of PB. Sounds like a win win to me?