Prescription for a working dog with injuries

Goldenrod

Staff member
I know there are some dog lovers here and many know I train and have a large breed dog that is trained in advanced obedience and protection. Protection can be hard on a dog especially for the ones who have been trained to jump and hit a person in the chest and knock them down. My dog is large enough to do it and he uses his head as battering ram. After he stands over them and growls and shows his teeth, if you try to move he will walk away with your arm or drag you trying to rip your arm off until I tell him to let go.
He is first a family pet and loved part of our family but you must give a Bouvier a job because they will get bored and love to work. He howls in excitement when we hold obedience and protection classes.
I have used TB500 and BPC157 with success - much more than any medication prescribed by a vet. Of late he has a bad left foot so I tried treating it like I would for myself. The vets want to put him on Meloxicam but I said no I want to treat him for a month and if he isn't better (not limping or showing signs of pain) I would consider it.

1. 400 mg of sam-e per day considering over an extended period it does as well as celebrex in human trials.
2. 3000 mg of combined EPA/DHA from fish oil. Hoping it will help with inflammation and minor arthritis.
3. Glucosamine, choindroiten, and MSM combo. Obvious reasons as this is often the go to for arthritis and inflammation.

X-rays sent to the radiologist in the US confirmed it isn't cancer of the paw which is a common issue with large black dogs and he has arthritis. Two weeks in and he is not limping or showing any signs of discomfort. I would like to add black seed oil considering its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties but I'm not sure if it is recommended for dogs. I'm still trying to find some data and if anyone has any, I would appreciate you sharing it.

Just sharing a story of a much safer treatment that worked for my beloved pet.

Have you mentioned the bpc157 and tb500 use to your vet. I wonder if they even heard of it or what they think.
No, vets have no idea about peptides and just go for the conventional treatment. My vet's office has one person who is considered a holistic vet and can think outside the box but not about peptides. I only know one doctor (not a vet) who knows anything about peptides and that is because he is the Canadian and Commonwealth deadlift record holder for his age. He uses BPC157 and told me it helped him a lot after a surgery.

Your vet should prescribe you pentosan sulphate.
It has done wonders for my 17 year old cat. She started to get hip arthritis at 14. I give her an injection once a month, she still gets stiff but has no issues getting around.
Penstosan is off label for cats, I had to get it from a UGL.

Your vet should prescribe you pentosan sulphate.
It has done wonders for my 17 year old cat. She started to get hip arthritis at 14. I give her an injection once a month, she still gets stiff but has no issues getting around.
Penstosan is off label for cats, I had to get it from a UGL.
Thanks for the tip, I will do more research as I see it is used mainly for women with interstitial cystitis but I found a few articles about off label use for arthritis.

Thanks for the tip, I will do more research as I see it is used mainly for women with interstitial cystitis but I found a few articles about off label use for arthritis.
They use it for dogs all the time. Horses and cows.
I know it works for a fact. Otherwise my cat wouldn't be able to walk.