PREGNENOLONE

Harley00

The Rebel
Pregnenolone: and my story and opinions, and why i believe that if your on trt or cycle you should supplement with pregnenolone or hcg.

i wanted to share my thoughts on my first week on pregnenolone , also give a bit if a back story to help people decide if pregnenolone is right for them.

Its been roughly 1.5 years since i started to play with anobolics and iv yet to come off as of yet. When i first went on ,i did have intentions to come off but that just didnt happen, i bought all the things needed to pct , novaldex/hcg etc. But never did a pct. I just stayed on a trt replacement, then near August of last year i went on prescribed trt. Instead of ugl.

The reason im telling this , is i belive i made a mistake from day 1. From day 1 i belive i should have went on a regular routine of hcg and i did not, why? Should i ?....Well by shutting down my lh and fsh iv lost 1 of my sources for my pregnenolone, pregnenolone is made from cholesterol and the testicles and also from the adrenals, but by shutting down my testicles that signal is now lost and that production is now done. So my body has to rely on cholesterol/adrenals .

Ok. Lets rewind So about 4 to 5 weeks after jumping on testosterone i noticed lots of energy, but a wired but tired eyes feeling,dry eyes and some dry skin, some may recall a post on this fourm last year about tired eyes, i made . This had gone on since then just weird tired eyes but awake, now ill also mentioned im night shift and i have a cortisol and some blood sugar irregulars ...hmmm cortisol...dosn't pregnenolone make cortisol hormones...yup ... dosn't progesterone help regulate blood sugar.. yup.

Since then iv tried to connect as many dots as i could but never really thought of pregnenolone just didn't think that would impact me,or that just by shutting down my balls this could occur.

We no that we cannot control where pregnenolone goes. It goes to dhea/ estrogen/ cortisol /progesterone . one issue iv had is one blood work my dhea would be sky high top of the reference range, and on the next bloodwork it would be low and my progesterone would be sky high . So alot of flauctuating, my estrogen is another story, iv let my estrogen peak , that was a rough week of severe fatigue and bloated and 1 day of extremely high high blood pressure like scary high,but its peaked and its now regulated with my current trt dosage so i dont take an ai. And so far it seems to be working out.

what i belive has happened:
I believe that the shortage of pregnenolone from last year and a half has caused or has assisted in the irregular fluctuating hormones cortisol/progesterone/dhea/estrogen. I also believe it was the cause for my dry eyes and my low cortisol.

What iv noticed from my last 4 days of pregnenolone supplementation.

My NP prescribed me 50mg a day of pregnenolone, and said play around with the dosage and find out what works for you.
So day 1 i split the capsule up and made 3 plies of 16ish mg ....... hear i go , i lick the 1 pile of 16mg pregnenolone and go to bed, hoping for a miracle cure or some fancy magical unicorns to appear.

Wake up next morning, didnt really feel that bad , felt pretty decent had a good sleep, went to work roughly 10 hrs into my shift, major pissing sessions like every 10 min, yup....estrogen raise perfect. So i just ignore it since iv gone through this procedure countless times i knew it would pass.

So i get back and for some reason i said fack it ill take 25mg tonight, so i proceeded to lick what i thought was 25mg(honestly this taste like noithing, but sticks to the roof of your mouth, so put on your tounge and drink water then swallow.....anyway went to bed.

Next morning woke up and felt really good, and the weird thing was i had half or less of the dry eyes feeling...i kinda felt normal. The pissing sensation was over so that was great All day was really good,but too be honest i was heating up like an oven , felt like a good heat up.... like grrr ....i feel like im ready to go or some shit.... Pretty much stuck with me all day, hot as hell , went back to the camp and that night i still felt good but was sweating my balls off, but felt great , felt dry like not water logged or anything just hot. Checked blood pressure was 122/80.

Anyway took 25mg again at night and was great the next day woke up alot better and no dry eyes.

So too me i think pregnenolone was a win, i was first going to supplement with progesterone, but when the labs came back high i was glad i didnt, so overall im happy with pregnenolone, and i would definitely suggest doing at least blood work for pregnenolone if youve been on testosterone for a long time without hcg.

Anyway you guys go ahead share your thoughts, let's make this the pregnenolone thread and we can all learn more about it through everyone's experiences.

My current stack.
Trt- optimized at 980ng/dl -1100ng/dl zero ai. 130mg weekly,split 3 days a week.
Thyroid- optimized t3 at 6.4 top of reference range.
Ft4 -still not optimized, working towards it.
Pregnenolone-25mg a day for now, juat started so will work toward a optimized range

Last edited:
Hey bud you still doing the pregnenolone and how’s it going?
Yes sir, what i can tell you for sure , is ill never do trt without pregnenolone or the right amount of hcg.
So much improvement with pregnenolone, shutting down my lh for a year really did a number on me, i added pregnenolone heavy at beginning at 50mg daily and in 3 days i gelt way better all the dryness in eyes went away.

Iv since went to 25mg 3 days a week as i feel i topped out on the reference range on my pregnenolone, so iv gone 25mg 3 days a week and its working great.

I have an appointment coming up soon and im going to throw in 5 mg to 10 mg of dhea to counter balance the pregnenolone.

Iv got an amazing podcast ill see if i can add it but its on spotify so not sure if it will work but its mark gordon talking aboit hiw shutting down your lh u loose that source of pregnenolone and 11 other essential hormones. Ill try to add it and ill also add this artical iv found .

Yes sir, what i can tell you for sure , is ill never do trt without pregnenolone or the right amount of hcg.
So much improvement with pregnenolone, shutting down my lh for a year really did a number on me, i added pregnenolone heavy at beginning at 50mg daily and in 3 days i gelt way better all the dryness in eyes went away.

Iv since went to 25mg 3 days a week as i feel i topped out on the reference range on my pregnenolone, so iv gone 25mg 3 days a week and its working great.

I have an appointment coming up soon and im going to throw in 5 mg to 10 mg of dhea to counter balance the pregnenolone.

Iv got an amazing podcast ill see if i can add it but its on spotify so not sure if it will work but its mark gordon talking aboit hiw shutting down your lh u loose that source of pregnenolone and 11 other essential hormones. Ill try to add it and ill also add this artical iv found .
Thanks for the feedback it’s much appreciated, I have DHEA, pregnenolone and hcg on hand and want to start playing around with them to see if I can add them to my trt to feel better. My main issue seems to be a lack of focus/ mental fogginess from gear and now just TRT.

Thanks for the feedback it’s much appreciated, I have DHEA, pregnenolone and hcg on hand and want to start playing around with them to see if I can add them to my trt to feel better. My main issue seems to be a lack of focus/ mental fogginess from gear and now just TRT.
Absolutely pregnenolone/dhea or hcg by its self, hcg stimulates your lh so works as the same concept as pregnenolone.(pregnenolone dosn't stimulate your lh but gives you the hormones you miss out lossing your lh function)

Remember try to find the right balance, pregnenolone will convert to testosterone/ estrogen/progesterone/cortisol/dhea etc , so finding that balance is key and adding small amounts of dhea start with 5mg to 10 mg 3 days a week and start with 25mg pregnenolone 3 times a week. You may find thats perfect for you.

So an example if im on 125mg trt that gives me ballpark 900ng/dl testosterone and my estrogen runs 45 ish by adding hcg or pregnenolone/dhea that can raise my testosterone, therefore rasies my estrogen etc so by lowering you trt by adding pregnenolone etc you can find the right balance.

I wouldn't add hcg on top.

Definitely come back , and keep us updated

Last edited:
Another thing to note is that iv got pharma pregnenolone which is slow release.

I dont belive that the Amazon stuff or walmart stuff is slow release and im not sure the accuracy of it, so if you dont have slow release be mindful of that.

I take mine before bed and have beautiful sleeps

I looked into pregnenolone. I ended up getting my DHEA and progesterone checked, b/c they are free, preg was an expensive test, so my endo said the other two would provide an indicator for whether preg. might be low. My progesterone and dhea are good.

I'm curious, was your dhea or progesterone low?

I looked into pregnenolone. I ended up getting my DHEA and progesterone checked, b/c they are free, preg was an expensive test, so my endo said the other two would provide an indicator for whether preg. might be low. My progesterone and dhea are good.

I'm curious, was your dhea or progesterone low?
Progesterone was high, and my last 2 dhea were 11 and 14 so upper part of the reference range, i was not on any hcg for over the last 1.5 years , and iv had cortisol issues being to low, my np said that sometimes dhea can be high in that situation of adrenal burnout ,iv added pregnenolone because it is the mother of all hormones, and it coverts to dhea/ cortisol and others i immediately felt better 3 days later and this was months ago . New testing coming up in may going to add pregnenolone levels to check and ill add dhea in but only small amounts.

If your on hcg then your keeping that connection with your lh, and feeding those 11 other essential hormones, so dhea in that application would be fine. But if your not on hcg then pregnenolone or hcg is recommended. And ill definitely stand by that as iv definitely felt the difference. But again im mixing protocols up to balance everything.

When u get time listen to that podcast i added up top, best dam podcast iv ever heard from a well recognized dr . Mark gordon its bloody brilliant.

Last edited:
Progesterone was high, and my last 2 dhea were 11 and 14 so upper part of the reference range, i was not on any hcg for over the last 1.5 years , and iv had cortisol issues being to low, my np said that sometimes dhea can be high in that situation of adrenal burnout ,iv added pregnenolone because it is the mother of all hormones, and it coverts to dhea/ cortisol and others i immediately felt better 3 days later and this was months ago . New testing coming up in may going to add pregnenolone levels to check and ill add dhea in but only small amounts.

If your on hcg then your keeping that connection with your lh, and feeding those 11 other essential hormones, so dhea in that application would be fine. But if your not on hcg then pregnenolone or hcg is recommended. And ill definitely stand by that as iv definitely felt the difference. But again im mixing protocols up to balance everything.

When u get time listen to that podcast i added up top, best dam podcast iv ever heard from a well recognized dr . Mark gordon its bloody brilliant.
I can't do hcg, too much volatility. I have a buddy who can run plenty of test without ever having to bother with an AI, but he said the same thing, hcg is a rollercoaster.
I'll have to look into it once I can afford the test.

I can't do hcg, too much volatility. I have a buddy who can run plenty of test without ever having to bother with an AI, but he said the same thing, hcg is a rollercoaster.
I'll have to look into it once I can afford the test.
Belive pregnenolone range is large 30-250 ish.
Definitely keep me updated id like to see where ur pregnenolone is without running hcg. Of coures if u recently ran hcg then expect that u may still have enough pregnenolone in the tk

I went along time plus added adrenal issues, ur adrenals produce some pregnenolone aswell so if ur not stressed then u may still be good. I lost both sources.