Possible muscle abscess?

tricks79

Trusted Member
Hey team.

I dropped the tren and mast and decided I was just gonna run a high test only cycle.

Since I was going away to bc for 4 days I decided this would be great time to open a new site because if I have pip then at least it has 4 days to resolve before I'm back in the gym.

So I pinned chest for the first time with a 25g 5/8". Put about 1.3ml of test-e in there, and 1.3ml in my left delt. (300mg/ml concentration). This is to front load a bit not regular procedure.

Anyway I was nervous pinning chest first time and mind blanked a bit. After I cleaned the site I touched it a couple of times with my hand to mark the spot I want to inject and didn't clean it again. Oops. I pinned and the pip is shitty so happy I did it over this period.

I kept my ai dose the same but am have a big gyno flare up in that pec, other one is fine. I haven't had any gyro issues in past and sadly my nolva is back at home and I can take any till tomorrow

When I touch the area where I pinned the muscle feels stiff.

My question is what are the odds I developed a muscle abscess with my shitty site sanitation? And could this abscess be giving me a gyno like appearance? I took 25mg of asin today (double my normal dose of 12.5mg e3d), hope I don't crash my e2 into the ground.

But yeah I fucked up.

Do I have gyno
Do I have abscess
Or do I have both...

Depending on how it persists may see a doctor Monday if it's abscess likely.

What else can I do to help diagnose?

I don't want to sound like a dipstick here but have you googled abscess? There is a fair amount of info out there for you to digest.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/abscess/
Yeah and I noted that one early symptom is muscle stiffness on palpitation, so that's why I included that note.
I googled a muscle abscess specifically and unlike a "right under the skin abscess" it isn't necessarily visible right away. Hence a bit of the paranoia.

Yeah and I noted that one early symptom is muscle stiffness on palpitation, so that's why I included that note.
I googled a muscle abscess specifically and unlike a "right under the skin abscess" it isn't necessarily visible right away. Hence a bit of the paranoia.

Paranoia eh?
Keep an eye on it and be vigilant for it getting warm to the touch and red. Be on the lookout for a low-grade fever and general discomfort in the area you pinned. Don't Google necrotizing fasciitis or cellulitis. You should be fine, but when in doubt after a day or so see your Doc.

The gyno you feel has nothing to do with your pec injection. The area you inject doesn’t relate to gyno, however the high test dosage might have brought it on.
I’m not knowledgeable in abscesses but it definitely doesn’t sound like you have an infection. Usually with an infection the area is red and warm to the touch and you’d be feeling dizzy and probably running a low grade fever

You're being paranoid. I know people who don't swab at all; not vials, not injection site. In fact, studies show that swabbing doesn't actually do much to reduce risk of infection, yet it's a practice that remains prevalent... despite more healthcare "professionals" using less than aseptic technique.

Pay attention next time you have blood drawn, just to realize what I'm saying. Non sterile gloves, a poorly swabbed site (and this is IV, not IM... much more risk for serious issue like sepsis), and then generally touching the site to find the vein, with their non-sterile glove.

Don't be paranoid. You'll trick your mind into giving you an infection.

Another thing - just to put your mind at ease. When was this injection? Keep in mind, it takes several days for an infection to develop and create an abscess... we're talking 5+ days before you'd truly have an abscess. As a general rule, for any post injection pain, is that 3 days post injection is when pain should begin to subside from a bad shot or painful gear. By day 5, pain should be significantly less. To continue on with this general rule, if the pain is at all getting better, then you're fine.

First chest injection, yeah? New site, not a small volume to begin with. It's going to be sore. But you don't have an infection.

The gyno you feel has nothing to do with your pec injection. The area you inject doesn’t relate to gyno, however the high test dosage might have brought it on.
I’m not knowledgeable in abscesses but it definitely doesn’t sound like you have an infection. Usually with an infection the area is red and warm to the touch and you’d be feeling dizzy and probably running a low grade fever

Warm to the touch, red, swollen... yes. If you're running a low grade fever, you should have already gotten to the doc. If the body is successful at walling off a site infection, fever 'shouldn't' happen. It can... but generally speaking, if we suspect an infection (and I'm not talking paranoia, but a true infection via educated guess) we should get it taken care of before it progresses.

I also missed part of your question @tricks79 in terms of what else you can do to diagnose. If you're really sure you have an abscess, and you want to confirm:

Clean the area really well
Swab the area really well using proper aseptic technique
Attach an empty 1" 18g needle to a 3ml syringe
Insert the needle right into the injection site
Aspirate for several seconds

If you have an abscess, you'll draw pungent, pus-sy, potentially bloody discharge. You can expect to draw out at least the same volume as the injection that caused the abscess.. Probably up to 0.5cc more.

This morning I can clearly see a sizeable lump.
It'd be impossible to take a picture but it's a nice mole hill probably 3" across.
Lot more visible this morning.

It's tender and painful, but I don't think I have a fever. It's not very red either but then again if it's in the muscle the skin wouldn't necessarily be red.

Will see how it resolves by tomorrow morning. Will likely end up doing a walk in clinic at 5pm if it gets worse from here

You're being paranoid. I know people who don't swab at all; not vials, not injection site. In fact, studies show that swabbing doesn't actually do much to reduce risk of infection, yet it's a practice that remains prevalent... despite more healthcare "professionals" using less than aseptic technique.

Pay attention next time you have blood drawn, just to realize what I'm saying. Non sterile gloves, a poorly swabbed site (and this is IV, not IM... much more risk for serious issue like sepsis), and then generally touching the site to find the vein, with their non-sterile glove.

Don't be paranoid. You'll trick your mind into giving you an infection.

Another thing - just to put your mind at ease. When was this injection? Keep in mind, it takes several days for an infection to develop and create an abscess... we're talking 5+ days before you'd truly have an abscess. As a general rule, for any post injection pain, is that 3 days post injection is when pain should begin to subside from a bad shot or painful gear. By day 5, pain should be significantly less. To continue on with this general rule, if the pain is at all getting better, then you're fine.

First chest injection, yeah? New site, not a small volume to begin with. It's going to be sore. But you don't have an infection.
Injected on Wednesday. Today is Sunday. The lump / internal swelling is most visible today

This morning I can clearly see a sizeable lump.
It'd be impossible to take a picture but it's a nice mole hill probably 3" across.
Lot more visible this morning.

tissue irritation. Not small volume. New injection site. Have to remember there are lots of other reasons for swelling. Honestly, with pecs, it's easy enough to pierce lymphatic tissue and you can cause massive swelling and irritation that way.

It's tender and painful, but I don't think I have a fever.

good. If you had a fever its bad. Does the tissue feel hot? I'm not talking slight increase in the feeling of the skin, it would be significantly hotter than the other pec.

It's not very red either but then again if it's in the muscle the skin wouldn't necessarily be red.

yes it would. Have you ever had an infection from a site injection? Lol. Yes it would.

Will see how it resolves by tomorrow morning. Will likely end up doing a walk in clinic at 5pm if it gets worse from here

if you're really worried, sometimes it is better safe than sorry. Most doctors will toss you a script for keflex without much of a diagnosis anyway.

Alright thanks man. I'll keep an eye on it then and just remain patient

Gonna pop 40mg nolva / day in mean time as well.
Thanks.

Lol injected more than 1/2 cc first time in pec, yeah you’ll get some pain and maybe a lump.
Rub that lump out.
I bet you’ll survive, you may have just been lucky enough to get a bad reaction. Try taking an antihistamine.

Lol injected more than 1/2 cc first time in pec, yeah you’ll get some pain and maybe a lump.
Rub that lump out.
I bet you’ll survive, you may have just been lucky enough to get a bad reaction. Try taking an antihistamine.
Lol yeah seems consensus is I fucked up.

Read a bunch of posts of people saying they go up to 2cc in chest. So figured ah what the hell, just over 1 nbd, I got 4 days off of gym....
RIP

Lol yeah seems consensus is I fucked up.

Read a bunch of posts of people saying they go up to 2cc in chest. So figured ah what the hell, just over 1 nbd, I got 4 days off of gym....
RIP
I've got up to 4cc in my pec lol. Do I recommend it? No. Did I start there? Hell no! Haha. 1/2cc at most to start in New sites as a general rule.

You'll be fine though!

I've got up to 4cc in my pec lol. Do I recommend it? No. Did I start there? Hell no! Haha. 1/2cc at most to start in New sites as a general rule.

You'll be fine though!
Swelling has gone down a little today. As a result gyno is going away. I think it wasn't really gyno but just the inflammation was so bad it made the nipple look huge. Will just run 20mg nolva / day for a little to be safe.
Pain is also a bit less today. Will still be a few days before it's back to normal at least, but happy to see it's resolving and not getting worse.

Thanks for the input everyone. This is why I ask the questions here rather than jumping to the conclusion that medical intervention is needed.

Swelling has gone down a little today. As a result gyno is going away. I think it wasn't really gyno but just the inflammation was so bad it made the nipple look huge. Will just run 20mg nolva / day for a little to be safe.
Pain is also a bit less today. Will still be a few days before it's back to normal at least, but happy to see it's resolving and not getting worse.

Thanks for the input everyone. This is why I ask the questions here rather than jumping to the conclusion that medical intervention is needed.

How close to the nipple did you inject? You should be at least 2” away.

It was just over 2 fingers above it. So that'd probably be not quite 2" above. Maybe 2" from center.