Polycythemia - high red blood cell count treatment with low dose aspirin

Goldenrod

Staff member

Will come as no surprise to many. This was a decent sample size, double blind, showing promising results. Obviously, each individual will have to weigh the benefit to risk ratio of a low aspirin daily.
GR

Yeah, lots of fish oils for me, Low dose aspirin i keep on hand.
It helps with the affect, but unfortunately does not treat the condition.
I also get phlebotomies to help with this issue.

Yeah, lots of fish oils for me, Low dose aspirin i keep on hand.
It helps with the affect, but unfortunately does not treat the condition.
I also get phlebotomies to help with this issue.
I just gave blood myself as I knew I was due and when she pricked my finger and the hemoglobin was 184 I was like Hematocrit it about 153 .However hot blood work done and it's now 49.5... Just sqeeked in.However I know if I give myself a trt shot it's going over again.So with that I'll delay a shot for a few weeks.Fish oil good idea.

I just gave blood myself as I knew I was due and when she pricked my finger and the hemoglobin was 184 I was like Hematocrit it about 153 .However hot blood work done and it's now 49.5... Just sqeeked in.However I know if I give myself a trt shot it's going over again.So with that I'll delay a shot for a few weeks.Fish oil good idea.
My blood was quite thick and they had to push several mls of water through the line a few times to keep flowing freely.
The person taking my blood made a note I need a larger diameter needle next time.
I felt quite weird for a couple days after first times doing this, but now I go every 4-6 weeks and feel great after doing this.