Please read if you have aches/pains or arthritis

Goldenrod

Staff member
Little background - I am a fan of Wobenzyme (yes, there are other excellent brands but it is my favorite) and when taking it for digestive issues I noticed my aches and pains went away somewhat. It contains digestive enzymes that have anti-inflammatory factors.
Off to the vet with my large dog due to lameness in his paw (minor arthritis and damage because he is a protection dog that is very active) - I found a vet who is both medically trained and is interested in alternative treatments like safe peptides, natural treatments, etc. She confirms what I noticed and told me she no longer takes NSAIDS and pops a few Wobenzymes at least 2 hours away from meals and it works just as good for her for headaches/aches and pains from training, comparable to NSAIDS like IBUprofen.

I get home and start researching and it doesn't take long to find articles, this is one double blind study with Wobenzymes doing as well as diclofenac for knee pain.

I noticed this part of the study as it stands out, "Wobenzym is comparable to the NSAID diclofenac in relieving pain and increasing function in adults with moderate-to-severe painful knee OA and reduces reliance on analgesic medication. Wobenzym is associated with fewer adverse events and, therefore, may be appropriate for long-term use."

I can't take aspirin/NSAIDs right now so this is my alternative for the time being. Just more info for people to ponder.

Thanks a lot man, this will come in handy for me too. Digestion, pain and inflammation and your right nsaid shouldn't be used by anyone long term. Not regularly anyway.

I am going to look into this stuff. Sounds similar to serrapeptase for the anti inflammatory properties and taking place of NSAID products, the digestion enzyme is peaking my curiosity as i need some help in that area. Betaine HCL is ok, but hit and miss...

I am going to look into this stuff. Sounds similar to serrapeptase for the anti inflammatory properties and taking place of NSAID products, the digestion enzyme is peaking my curiosity as i need some help in that area. Betaine HCL is ok, but hit and miss...
I used Betaine in the past periodically for my liver. It is one of the supplements studied for fatty liver.
It is a good product but I haven’t found anything as good as Wonemzyme (for digestion and pain relief) but you pay a premium for the product.
As @Jerbear said NSAIDs long term can cause bleeding issues and are hard on the kidneys.