Pin issues

silant76

Trusted Member
Hi Everyone, i am not sure if i am doing something wrong or what., maybe other CBs experienced this same issue as well.
The last 3 glut pins i been having trouble, i believe i do the same same routine as usually,
i poke, i pull the plunger back, nothing come in, so I inject slowly and steady,
no pain and no swelling,
but when i remove the needle, i got a blood jet squirting out.
I never had not even one drop of blood since i started my first injection ever, so what is happening for the last 3 pins, i am not to sure and looking for advise

Ive always been told this means you just knicked a vein on the way in.
When you pull the needle out pull the skin to the side to seal it, gives you time to then put a cotton ball or some tissue on the spot without having blood exit the tiny hole.

Ive always been told this means you just knicked a vein on the way in.
When you pull the needle out pull the skin to the side to seal it, gives you time to then put a cotton ball or some tissue on the spot without having blood exit the tiny hole.
That make a lot of sense, I thought that might be something like this.
Thanks, thats help

First response - Z Track method but hard to do on self administered Glute shots. If you don't know please look it up. Almost what @Wtf.jstew said but skin gets pulled first not last.

Second response - I always kind of chuckle when I think about someone from outside our world hearing this question. They may be thinking 'Well Duh! You just stabbed yourself and weren't expecting any blood?'

First response - Z Track method but hard to do on self administered Glute shots. If you don't know please look it up. Almost what @Wtf.jstew said but skin gets pulled first not last.

Second response - I always kind of chuckle when I think about someone from outside our world hearing this question. They may be thinking 'Well Duh! You just stabbed yourself and weren't expecting any blood?'
ill try tonight to push the skin down when pulling needle out, but yes i think that i it a blood vessel in my way in

Second response - Lol agree

Thanks brother

ill try tonight to push the skin down when pulling needle out, but yes i think that i it a blood vessel in my way in

Second response - Lol agree

Thanks brother
He is saying to pull the skin before the injection. That way when you pull the needle out and let go of the skin it goes back and the blood can’t come out no need for the cotton ball most likely.

Many ways to skin a cat. Whatever gets the job done right! Even if I pull the skin after I dont need any sort of compress, it just doesnt bleed.
The cotton ball/ tissue was just a suggestion to add 🙃

You know, I have never worried about it. Right after I pull out the needle, I put my finger over the hole for a few seconds. Problem solved.
Oh it dosent worrie me, and dosent hurt to asked, for me was really the first time since i started that I had any blood at all, and mostly squirting 💦 🤣🤣

He is saying to pull the skin before the injection. That way when you pull the needle out and let go of the skin it goes back and the blood can’t come out no need for the cotton ball most likely.
Yessir! Here ya go @silant76
Z-Track (1).jpg
it seals itself. BTW my delts bleed maybe 20% of the time even with a slin pin, no biggie.