Pec tear

Scotian

Trusted Member
I was having a push day on Sunday, I was warmed up while benching & not doing any crazy amount of weight. I heard a loud pop and tearing noise on my top weight, and went to see my doctor and sure enough it’s a pectoral major tear. Does anyone have any tips/tricks for recovery, and how long was it before you could train again!

I was having a push day on Sunday, I was warmed up while benching & not doing any crazy amount of weight. I heard a loud pop and tearing noise on my top weight, and went to see my doctor and sure enough it’s a pectoral major tear. Does anyone have any tips/tricks for recovery, and how long was it before you could train again!
A good buddy of mine had his pec tear right off. Had to get surgery to re-attach and he was sidelined for a good 8 months.

I tore my right pec a few years ago when a guy walked into my bar while i was benching. Did you have a full or partial tear?
I used igf1 in multiple micro doses around the injured area with low dose test and gh throughout my rehab to speed up healing and it definitely made a difference in treatment time.
You will get impatient but take your time and in the long run you will be better off

I tore my right pec a few years ago when a guy walked into my bar while i was benching. Did you have a full or partial tear?
I used igf1 in multiple micro doses around the injured area with low dose test and gh throughout my rehab to speed up healing and it definitely made a difference in treatment time.
You will get impatient but take your time and in the long run you will be better off
Partial tear, doctor said no surgery required thankfully happy about that. I’m hoping within a month or so from here to get back in the gym. Still lots of discomfort, bruising is slowly starting to get better though around my arm/pec!

Partial tear, doctor said no surgery required thankfully happy about that. I’m hoping within a month or so from here to get back in the gym. Still lots of discomfort, bruising is slowly starting to get better though around my arm/pec!
Thank you for updating on your post. I’m so happy to hear that you don’t have to have surgery that’s great news 😃