Passwords to this site

Taureau

Administrator
As members your responsible to ensure the password you use is kept secure. We are forcing any new member to have a complex password. I may at some point in time force the membership to update to a new password.

The password you use here should be unique just to this board. It is possible for someone to extract your password from another board and then use that password to gain access here.
Please be safe. Being safe is smart.

1545276337210.png

Didn't you post a password test here not long ago? You just put your password in and it lets you know how strong it is. Mine came in at very strong.

I use 1Password which generates them for you based on the parameters you set up on your preferences. It also carries over to your phone and tablet which is handy. There's a few other apps out there that do the same thing.

choosing a strong password is a good practice for sure. but got to make sure the servers are safe. Hackers don't usually get in by guessing passwords. the main reason to pick a strong password would be to prevent someone that gains access to the password files on the server from being easily able to decrypt the password (crack it).

for that a simple word with a few added numbers at the end do not make a good password as most password cracking software will eventually try those combo's. adding a mix of upper case, lowercase and numbers make for better options. and... the longer the better.

and more important even then the strong password itself i'll repeat what Taureau said ... please use a different password then you do on other forums, that way if someone from forumX has admin privileges on his server had any malicious intents and cracks your password they can't use it to enter this one...