Opening a Gym

I’m honestly just working and learning under a friend of mine who’s been one of the main PT’s in the Niagara region, he’s showing me the ropes right now; I’m thinking I’ll be working one on one with clients in the private studio in the next few months; getting this app called “PThub” and it is quite useful when setting schedules with clients and taking payments. I’m learning a lot right now; and being able to have this guy help me get started and not have to make the same mistakes he did

Sounds like you got a plan 👍

There are plenty of people paying 120-170$ a month to workout at Pure Muscle and Fitness in Burlington. Not sure how many member they have, but I could imagine it’s be tough to stay afloat? Considering all the equipment is brand new top of the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You have never heard of drop in fees ever?
Ok man

Wow....
I know some real "fools" over the years I guess.
You are 100 percent clueless.
OK fucking smart ass.
Say you want to launder 300$ a day.
What would that take?
ummm well how about 10 x cash drop in at $20 a piece
annnnd 2 x personal training sessions at $50 a piece
You are easily cleaning 9k a month.

And you don't open the fucking strictly for the laundering aspect of it....you do hope to have customers as well einstein

Fucking use your brain before you run your mouth. I really don't think someone like you should own a business....fail for sure.
This works if you run the till. Once you have a bunch of staff you don’t want them to even catch wind of what you are doing because they will skim a little off the top, lol. And trust me the ones who skim are smart enough to figure it out.

Do you think most gyms get 10 cash drop ins a day?

This works if you run the till. Once you have a bunch of staff you don’t want them to even catch wind of what you are doing because they will skim a little off the top, lol. And trust me the ones who skim are smart enough to figure it out.

Do you think most gyms get 10 cash drop ins a day?
Ways around that too.

Yes lots of gyms take drop ins. Especially in Alberta where people are transient

Retired and grouchy and trolling the forums. Have at it 🤣
Listen Skinny fat.

You don't know a fucking thing about what you are talking about. I been around... you have no clue.
Alot of people clean money through gyms, mma clubs etc. You think you know better...cool...just keep being skinny fat and being broke thinking you are gonna open an gym yet cannot calculate simple math.

I have seen it and done it. You cannot argue this with me. If you think you can you are obviously out to lunch PERIOD

P.S
I am not trolling. Been contributing to the AAS and UGL world for over 20 years. I for sure have forgotten more than you will ever know. Good luck with your gym Mr. Math

Last edited:
Ways around that too.

Yes lots of gyms take drop ins. Especially in Alberta where people are transient
I used to do custom smoking for abattoirs, hams bacon and such. It was a great contract and cash. It was pretty much all labour, so if I did something like that it was the perfect thing. Few grand a week.
And who knows, maybe I could have used that to buy more gear than I’ll ever need.

We got too busy and I ended the contract. There is always ways if you look for them, just some are impossible to ever find, and others may be found if someone digs hard enough.

These use algorithms now to figure out if they should audit a business or not. In the past it was done by hand.
If things look out of wack compared to industry standard, expect a CRA agent. Nothing may happen, but what a PITA.
I pay my fair share of taxes so I’m left alone.

Listen Skinny fat.

You don't know a fucking thing about what you are talking about. I been around... you have no clue.
Alot of people clean money through gyms, mma clubs etc. You think you know better...cool...just keep being skinny fat and being broke thinking you are gonna open an gym yet cannot calculate simple math.

I have seen it and done it. You cannot argue this with me. If you think you can you are obviously out to lunch PERIOD

P.S
I am not trolling. Been contributing to the AAS and UGL world for over 20 years. I for sure have forgotten more than you will ever know. Good luck with your gym Mr. Math

You’re such a pathetic fucking liar it’s embarrassing. You’ve never seen it done. You don’t know jack shit about money laundering or business in general; actually telling from your post history you’ve always struck me as someone who’s very incompetent and quite honestly, stupid, which is why I never quote you or reply to you. You pulling numbers out of the air thinking gyms sign up 10 members a day and then miraculously all 10 of them will be “cash drop-ins” (you make that term up lmao), and then 2 personal trainers will be busy everyday because each will be giving sessions for $50 cash each. You fantasizing out of touch senile fool. You sound so fucking stupid it’s hard to respond to your idiotic post. You come at me with disparaging remarks because you haven’t accomplished anything in your life you miserable light weight. Skinny fat? Failed businessman? Lol you autistic maggot. I graduated from u of t and was accepted to osgoode hall law school. Years later I went back and finished my prerequisites in york university and was accepted to one of the best internationally accredited medical schools abroad. All this while you were trolling forums while I was running a business. We’re not on the same level. This thread was to pick the brains of some super solid brothers on this forum, some of which I’ve come to know from other forums. I don’t recall leaving a trail of crumbs inviting any trolls.

Yet I still scratch my head at what the fuck your point is about gyms and money laundering. You want that cookie cookie monster? I’ll toss you one troll.

Alas, I implore you to explain, what is your point you rambling incoherent midget-raping imbecile. What do you get for your trolling. You’re hopeless. Many don’t know but I do, and I sympathize with you having an extra chromosome. But it doesn’t justify you trolling, not here. You’re in the wrong place. You belong on a completely different, special, forum. Now go put your helmet on, stand up, look around, and find your way out.

1624671445198.gif

Last edited:
You’re such a pathetic fucking liar it’s embarrassing. You’ve never seen it done. You don’t know jack shit about money laundering or business in general; actually telling from your post history you’ve always struck me as someone who’s very incompetent and quite honestly, stupid, which is why I never quote you or reply to you. You pulling numbers out of the air thinking gyms sign up 10 members a day and then miraculously all 10 of them will be “cash drop-ins” (you make that term up lmao), and then 2 personal trainers will be busy everyday because each will be giving sessions for $50 cash each. You fantasizing out of touch senile fool. You sound so fucking stupid it’s hard to respond to your idiotic post. You come at me with disparaging remarks because you haven’t accomplished anything in your life you miserable light weight. Skinny fat? Failed businessman? Lol you autistic maggot. I graduated from u of t and was accepted to osgoode hall law school. Years later I went back and finished my prerequisites in york university and was accepted to one of the best internationally accredited medical schools abroad. All this while you were trolling forums while I was running a business. We’re not on the same level. This thread was to pick the brains of some super solid brothers on this forum, some of which I’ve come to know from other forums. I don’t recall leaving a trail of crumbs inviting any trolls.

Yet I still scratch my head at what the fuck your point is about gyms and money laundering. You want that cookie cookie monster? I’ll toss you one troll.

Alas, I implore you to explain, what is your point you rambling incoherent midget-raping imbecile. What do you get for your trolling. You’re hopeless. Many don’t know but I do, and I sympathize with you having an extra chromosome. But it doesn’t justify you trolling, not here. You’re in the wrong place. You belong on a completely different, special, forum. Now go put your helmet on, stand up, look around, and find your way out.

View attachment 20768
I don't believe a word you just said. No one with an education writes as poorly as you do. You don't know me, nor my history. I know plenty about living on the wrong side of the law.
I am failed? I am living in Mexico while you come up with some stupid idea about opening a money pit of a business. I simply mentioned that most don't make money unless they are laundering money.

Listen, I am not going to break it down to you how it works. You do not understand simple math.....this is incredible for someone with such an amazing education. Remember the simple math problem you overlooked...and you call me stupid. You cannot even do basic multiplication and I am stupid? I instantly noticed the mistake...and you are trying to plan this as a business. Best part is you responded to this super duper hard math equation basically agreeing to it. So again, on your math abilities alone I will say you do not have the education you boast about. I am sure any professor who reads that beauty of run on sentences, poor punctuation and lack of capitalization would die laughing. I can assure you I am not a failure in life, but you will be if you go ahead with your big business plan.

So all this big education you talk about, and you cannot do simple math nor write a legible sentence.

You are dismissed weakling...adios
I used to do custom smoking for abattoirs, hams bacon and such. It was a great contract and cash. It was pretty much all labour, so if I did something like that it was the perfect thing. Few grand a week.
And who knows, maybe I could have used that to buy more gear than I’ll ever need.

We got too busy and I ended the contract. There is always ways if you look for them, just some are impossible to ever find, and others may be found if someone digs hard enough.

These use algorithms now to figure out if they should audit a business or not. In the past it was done by hand.
If things look out of wack compared to industry standard, expect a CRA agent. Nothing may happen, but what a PITA.
I pay my fair share of taxes so I’m left alone.
Of course you aren't going to go well above the norm on anything like this. It is something you pick at. Again your business is a little more complicated as you are dealing with an actual measurable product.

Last edited:

View attachment 20768
First time I even realized you existed today.

View attachment 20768
I have to reply again.
The stupidity of this
Cash drop ins is a term I have made up??
How fucking dense are you ??? Cash drop ins are a thing in gyms.....maybe not at fit for less where you likely go but many many gyms, including public city gyms. Holy mother of fucking god how am I arguing with someone so fucking dense.

Did I say 2 personal trainers are busy all day on 50 bucks?

Listen....this is real real real simple shit. Just because you cannot wrap your mind around it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Fuck my tits!!! how fucking stupid is this fucking world getting!!!!
What in the fuck is happening

First off, @Sorbate I hope you give the right amount of change back to customers and not more 🤪 thank god the missus does the books 😊.

Cash drop-ins do exist. Where I am it’s usually around $10-$15. They also call it a day pass. Also, gyms around the GTA that are opening up again are changing $80 monthly. Another thing, money laundering is a service game. What was described here was just about right. Doesn’t have to be a daily thing, they divide it up nicely throughout the month for their purposes.

You guys relax please, when it gets to name calling and cursing, it gets ugly and sad. Sad because I expect more from gentlemen such as yourselves @OmegaBravo7 and @3ml. I respect both you dudes. I want to continue to do so.

P.S: Schooling and whatnot should not be something the compare and contrast. We all had different opportunities and made different choices. It does not define our level of intellect.

P.S: Schooling and whatnot should not be something the compare and contrast. We all had different opportunities and made different choices. It does not define our level of intellect.

I’m not one to argu who’s dick is bigger, I’ve never mentioned anything of my personal life in this or any other forum, and I’ve never boasted of any of my possessions or accomplishments. That’s dumb. But when someone wants to disparagingly insinuate otherwise I’m happy to slap them with facts. It was never intended to define anyone’s intellectual level, so pls don’t take it out of context.

It bewilders me that this 3mm is a mod. The trolling and type of individuals he should be looking out for is the very thing he’s guilty of himself.

I’m not one to argu who’s dick is bigger, I’ve never mentioned anything of my personal life in this or any other forum, and I’ve never boasted of any of my possessions or accomplishments. That’s dumb. But when someone wants to disparagingly insinuate otherwise I’m happy to slap them with facts. It was never intended to define anyone’s intellectual level, so pls don’t take it out of context.

It bewilders me that this 3mm is a mod. The trolling and type of individuals he should be looking out for is the very thing he’s guilty of himself.
Facts such as cash drop ins don't exist?
That was the start of this...your so called fact.

Of course you aren't going to go well above the norm on anything like this. It is something you pick at. Again your business is a little more complicated as you are dealing with an actual measurable product.
My business is a perishable product. A lot of labour that isn't trackable. Cash is there if you want it. Thing is I barely work out front anymore on the till, barely talk to anyone anymore, I usually run my ass off all day just trying to keep up to production.

I think I'm the only guy in my industry that pays tax, lol. Cash money is cool, but tough to spend on anything concrete. I found I wasted it on stupid items. You can't buy a car, house, boat, and so on with cash if you own a business. Shit they will check out your house to see if what you own is better then what you make if they figure you are being really crooked. You used to be able to spend it on your ticket to Mexico but they even track that now. Plus you can't invest cash.

If I was money laundering, I would be doing it the opposite way. Trying to clean the money legit thru taxation. So you'd sell fake memberships, fake trainer sessions and so on, put the money in the till then pay the tax on it.

Mind you if I owned a standard normal person gym, I don't know if there would be enough profit to pull 50,000 cash out of the books.

Hey, and can we get off the bad adding thing. I made a simple mistake. Omega didn't notice it because he skimmed the post likely and really, did it matter? The point was the business isn't a money maker and not something I would sink money into.

Now if you guys want to fight, continue on, its been entertaining, lol

My business is a perishable product. A lot of labour that isn't trackable. Cash is there if you want it. Thing is I barely work out front anymore on the till, barely talk to anyone anymore, I usually run my ass off all day just trying to keep up to production.

I think I'm the only guy in my industry that pays tax, lol. Cash money is cool, but tough to spend on anything concrete. I found I wasted it on stupid items. You can't buy a car, house, boat, and so on with cash if you own a business. Shit they will check out your house to see if what you own is better then what you make if they figure you are being really crooked. You used to be able to spend it on your ticket to Mexico but they even track that now. Plus you can't invest cash.

If I was money laundering, I would be doing it the opposite way. Trying to clean the money legit thru taxation. So you'd sell fake memberships, fake trainer sessions and so on, put the money in the till then pay the tax on it.

Mind you if I owned a standard normal person gym, I don't know if there would be enough profit to pull 50,000 cash out of the books.

Hey, and can we get off the bad adding thing. I made a simple mistake. Omega didn't notice it because he skimmed the post likely and really, did it matter? The point was the business isn't a money maker and not something I would sink money into.

Now if you guys want to fight, continue on, its been entertaining, lol

I agree 100 percent. I am talking about getting dirty money into a taxable and clean situation.
This is why I mentioned Cash drop ins, a couple personal training sessions a day.

You could easily do 50k a year @Sorbate
It equals $136.98 a day. So lets say you had 10 Cash drop ins, at even $10 a piece (this is lower than normal in alberta) and you did one bullshit fake personal training session for 50 bucks
you just entered 150 dollars into the taxable and legit system.
Perhaps tomorrow you just had 3 personal training clients at 50 ea....there is another 150 in the system
Day 3 oh well today was a bit slow I only had 4 drop ins and 1 personal training session

perhaps I will be busier on the weekend ;);)

on and on you go and you have cleaned up your 50k before you know it.

I agree 100 percent. I am talking about getting dirty money into a taxable and clean situation.
This is why I mentioned Cash drop ins, a couple personal training sessions a day.

You could easily do 50k a year @Sorbate
It equals $136.98 a day. So lets say you had 10 Cash drop ins, at even $10 a piece (this is lower than normal in alberta) and you did one bullshit fake personal training session for 50 bucks
you just entered 150 dollars into the taxable and legit system.
Perhaps tomorrow you just had 3 personal training clients at 50 ea....there is another 150 in the system
Day 3 oh well today was a bit slow I only had 4 drop ins and 1 personal training session

perhaps I will be busier on the weekend ;);)

on and on you go and you have cleaned up your 50k before you know it.
If you were laundering yes you could do 50,000 shit you could do 200,000 if you wanted. CRA has no idea how many customers you have. Shit you are bad at customer record keeping and your weird customers like to pay in cash because you give a cash discount (wink, wink). But if you were just taking cash out of profits likely not. I thought you were talking about taking cash out of profits. The whole reason we were talking about the feasibility of owning a gym. Then you took it and made it into this money laundering operation, bwahaaa. I guess you'd be making profits then, lol
Thing is now you need an illegal business to need to launder the money. Or someone who needs money laundered. I am not in those circles.
And not sure if selling steroids in your gym would be a good idea, lol.

If you were laundering yes you could do 50,000 shit you could do 200,000 if you wanted. CRA has no idea how many customers you have. Shit you are bad at customer record keeping and your weird customers like to pay in cash because you give a cash discount (wink, wink). But if you were just taking cash out of profits likely not. I thought you were talking about taking cash out of profits. The whole reason we were talking about the feasibility of owning a gym. Then you took it and made it into this money laundering operation, bwahaaa. I guess you'd be making profits then, lol
Thing is now you need an illegal business to need to launder the money. Or someone who needs money laundered. I am not in those circles.
And not sure if selling steroids in your gym would be a good idea, lol.
This was exactly what I was getting at when I said the only gyms I know that made money are ones that laundered money.
Places like gyms, tanning beds, car washes, laundry mats are perfect for laundering money.
Although something like a laundry mat would have to be quite large to do a decent amount of cash.

Like you said you could launder 200k in a gym if you wanted. CRA isn't likely gonna complain about you putting a bunch of cash receipts through.
Fuck if you have a smoothie bar in your gym then you have a whole other route to launder funds. I don't understand why this other guy thinks this isn't done.

I ran in these circles for most of my 20s. This isn't something someone can dispute. This stuff does happen. Fuck check out Golds in NE Calgary. Go there......perfect example of what I am talking about.

Hell I know fucking guys that have put ads out...."Man with truck" Under the guise they haul rubbish, move things etc. Never do a days fucking work but keep that ad up and launder 50 to 60k a year no problem