Oldguyjuijitsu and Sorbates Road to 80

I like how you have weights in the background but not close enough to see the dust on them. Bwahahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are actually across the room by at least 15 feet.
my old iPad takes horrible pictures.

I actually trained last night. Will again tonight.

Ok, Oldjuju, I trained again tonight.
Was arm day, easy my favourite day.
So I hit a pr on tri push downs,
195 for 7. Soon I’ll need to wrap weight around my waist so I don’t lift off the floor, lol.

AB42EB1A-435C-4441-897E-19C9DDC4AF68.jpeg

Ok, Oldjuju, I trained again tonight.
Was arm day, easy my favourite day.
So I hit a pr on tri push downs,
195 for 7. Soon I’ll need to wrap weight around my waist so I don’t lift off the floor, lol.

View attachment 28091

I was all pumped and excited about climbing high in numbers on tricep push downs but just remember you absolutely do not need to be doing high weight for biceps and triceps, that isn't the best way to grow them and it also can really mess with longevity.

I was all pumped and excited about climbing high in numbers on tricep push downs but just remember you absolutely do not need to be doing high weight for biceps and triceps, that isn't the best way to grow them and it also can really mess with longevity.
Thanks for the advice.
I mix it up, but thats not heavy to me.
My arms are just under 18" the other night with a pump. My wife says my shoulders and arms are almost as big as my head, lol. That was great news.
Right now I have zero elbow issues or tendon issues.

Thanks for the advice.
I mix it up, but thats not heavy to me.
My arms are just under 18" the other night with a pump. My wife says my shoulders and arms are almost as big as my head, lol. That was great news.
Right now I have zero elbow issues or tendon issues.

You are lucky! I made the mistake of doing single arm tricep extensions with dumbells thinking that was the main way to gain tricep muscle with only dumbells and a barbell. It made it now so that I will feel every tricep exercise I do directly except dips (unless I do other tricep exercises with dips) I moved to lower weight and focused more on technique (also need to buy a longer push down rope to separate farther on the stretch end) which makes me really sad because I can grow my triceps really easily and big but not as much anymore.

You are lucky! I made the mistake of doing single arm tricep extensions with dumbells thinking that was the main way to gain tricep muscle with only dumbells and a barbell. It made it now so that I will feel every tricep exercise I do directly except dips (unless I do other tricep exercises with dips) I moved to lower weight and focused more on technique (also need to buy a longer push down rope to separate farther on the stretch end) which makes me really sad because I can grow my triceps really easily and big but not as much anymore.
For tris I only do 2 exercises. 4 sets of around 10
so tri pushdowns
then I put a rope on the cable machine the do overhead tri exercises.

so 8 sets, that all. But I push really hard.

bis all I do is barbell curls and concentration curls. Same sets as triceps.
that’s it.

For tris I only do 2 exercises. 4 sets of around 10
so tri pushdowns
then I put a rope on the cable machine the do overhead tri exercises.

so 8 sets, that all. But I push really hard.

bis all I do is barbell curls and concentration curls. Same sets as triceps.
that’s it.
I totally forgot about overhead tricep exercises with a cable machine. Thats what I am going to be doing tomorrow! I would be curious to see what one of my bicep workouts do to your biceps even just once lol. Do you do dips at all? I find they are pretty important for getting the classic look for around chest and shoulders anyways.

I totally forgot about overhead tricep exercises with a cable machine. Thats what I am going to be doing tomorrow! I would be curious to see what one of my bicep workouts do to your biceps even just once lol. Do you do dips at all? I find they are pretty important for getting the classic look for around chest and shoulders anyways.
I experimented with all different ways and found this to be the most effective.
I don’t have a dip machine at home, plus my shoulders don’t enjoy dips.
so I do decline bench instead.
I likely won’t stay with this training routine forever, once growth stops I’ll change it up, or if I get bored.
Some days when I don’t really feel into it, I’ll do high reps and get a great pump.

Been a bit since last update:
  • Have been lifting consistently but keeping intensity lower as i have been focusing on my jiu jitsu game. At 50 can't burn the candle on both ends or injuries come fast and furious. So focus right now has been on my leg lock game (its getting solid again) and getting in tons of sparring (as opposed to teaching)
  • I am in maintenance mode for weights but due to the increased jiu jitsu activiy my body weight dropped 2lbs so sitting at 188. Ironically my strength has remained constant so hopefully that means the weight loss was fat not muscle. On the mats students have been commenting on how strong i am so i will take that also as a good sign.
  • Still lifting Upper Lower split. Seems to work the best for athletics. I like push/pull/legs but if training with intensity its too puch overload on the tendons/connective tissue and something always say fuck you when training jiu jitsu. (mostly bicep tendon and elbows)
  • Just 100mg test per week plus 25mg DHEA and 100mg DIM daily.
  • Diet is 80% clean. Two takeout meals per week and lots of potatos in the airfrier so likely a little too much oils (health oils but too much). Not tracking cals right now (only do that when on a bulk or cut). Do eat very consistently each day and weigh everything. LOL wife got pissed last Friday night as i weighed out 30g of chips for each of us...she seemed to think that was going too far but funny i am in such a habit of weighing food it just seems natural.
@Sorbate we are still doing a check in end of January...pics (including legs) and measurements so please try to limit the Christmas Toblerone bars.

I gotta ask, does anyone think having too big of arms looks silly? I was thinking of discontinuing training mine for a wile and focus on the rest of my body so they looked more in proportion.

Maybe I resume training back, I haven’t trained that in like 4 years because I get so much training for it at work, and I was starting to look hunched because of my lats and lack of rear delts.
That size is not in the too big category. Also, there is no such thing as too big of arms....Keep on growing and gaining strength.

• Have been lifting consistently but keeping intensity lower as i have been focusing on my jiu jitsu game. At 50 can't burn the candle on both ends or injuries come fast and furious. So focus right now has been on my leg lock game (its getting solid again) and getting in tons of sparring (as opposed to teaching)
  • I am in maintenance mode for weights but due to the increased jiu jitsu activiy my body weight dropped 2lbs so sitting at 188. Ironically my strength has remained constant so hopefully that means the weight loss was fat not muscle. On the mats students have been commenting on how strong i am so i will take that also as a good sign.
  • Still lifting Upper Lower split. Seems to work the best for athletics. I like push/pull/legs but if training with intensity its too puch overload on the tendons/connective tissue and something always say fuck you when training jiu jitsu. (mostly bicep tendon and elbows)
  • Diet is 80% clean. Two takeout meals per week and lots of potatos in the airfrier so likely a little too much oils (health oils but too much). Not tracking cals right now (only do that when on a bulk or cut). Do eat very consistently each day and weigh everything. LOL wife got pissed last Friday night as i weighed out 30g of chips for each of us...she seemed to think that was going too far but funny i am in such a habit of weighing food it just seems natural.
@Sorbate we are still doing a check in end of January...pics (including legs) and measurements so please try to limit the Christmas Toblerone bars.
Oh I’m not going to look any better end of Jan.

I actually had not been training much. Been doing renovations around the house, the garage, it takes up a fair bit of time to wire, insulate, parge and so on. So I took over two weeks off. Last night I did a light chest workout. I was t really into it.

The long head bi tendon in my right arm has been acting up, the massage therapist really worked it over a couple weeks ago and actually made it worse. I would get intense burning pain if I lifted my arm in front of me with a load. Like I though the tendon might tear kinda pain.
And in my left wrist the tendon that attaches to my thumb from my wrist has swollen and hurts like hell, off and on depending on how much work I have to do. The pain when bad radiates thru the meat in my thumb and up my forearm. It’s better today, but I took Advil 200 every 4 hours to help with inflimation yesterday and slept with my hand and wrist in a heat pad last night. Once that heals, the shoulder will get the heat pad, lol.

Im fucking falling apart, and work is insane.

So I changed my gear a bit, 140 mg test a week and 60 mg deca.

Hopefully I can feel younger, lol.

I’ll be full bore at work now until Christmas, then end of jan we have our yearly health department audit, so I’ll need to scrub everything, walls, underneath of equipment before then.

So right now, I’m working on the biggest gut challenge, and I’m getting a pretty big one, lol.

Oh we will still do a check in. I gotta reign in this gut anyways. Lol.

Last edited:
Ok dude,
I’ve reduced my calories a bit and been doing cardio every time I train for 30 min.
I’m getting weaker, but still kinda getting a pump.

Here is an update pic of arms, lol. Yes my favourite.
Anyhow I’m going to stay the course until I get pretty lean. It’s taking some time to get used to, I get hungry a bit light headed once in a while. I’ll get used to it.

1915078B-6B0F-4D90-85BD-2106B3A279CF.jpeg