Oldguyjuijitsu and Sorbates Road to 80

Ok, so I’m training shoulders, walked up to my wife and asked her if anything looked out of proportion.
She looks, walks around me, then says, suck in your gut.
Told me to work my calves more.
I then asked if my back looked smaller, should I train it, and she said, no your back is very thick, it’s matches right now.

So legs it is then and reducing my gut, lol.
It wasn’t so bad that she said suck in my gut, but it was the sorta disgusted look she had on her face, lol.
What a kick ass woman lol

@Sorbate i know what i was doing on my Friday night! What about you??? Am i stealing all the gainz??

View attachment 26408
Yes you are, because I played a video game and ate everything in sight. I'm getting a gut again, lol.
What did I eat last night after 6 pm;
5 pcs popeyes chicken plus fries
Bag of ruffles potato chips
Ohenery chocolate bar
Eatmore chocolate bar
Rest of my wifes caramel chocolate pieces with pink salt
3 packs frutios fruit snacks
2 icream bars
2 pepsi and 3 gingerale
and a bag of popcorn, (actually I ate 1/2 and just got tired of it and gave the rest to my wife)
then I drank protein powder with my fibre and went to bed at 12.

I was sweating when I went to bed last night, lol. I need to reign this in.

I did train the rest of the week. But I did cardio on Thursday and Friday was leg day and my legs were stiff from cardio, lol so I wasn't going to skip leg day again, so I just didn't train. I'll do cardio again tonight (we are going to do a family movie night, should spend time with them, lol) and then legs tomorrow.

Last edited:
Holy fuck… That’s a full on binge not just a cheat day. If it makes you feel better I did have two Mary Brown’s centre breast and taters with some coleslaw for dinner but to be honest I did pull all the skin off first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy fuck… That’s a full on binge not just a cheat day. If it makes you feel better I did have two Mary Brown’s centre breast and taters with some coleslaw for dinner but to be honest I did pull all the skin off first

I do that far too often, or I’d be 12% bodyfat, lol.

I come home today and my wife made chocolate chip with scor pieces and pecan cookies. I ate 15 already after dinner.
which was 15 salted butter chicken wings and a salad. So yes, deep fried chickrn wings, cooked until really crispy the soaked in butter, salt and cayenne. I make them at work, lol. We do sell them hot, precooked in our heat case.

oh yeah and we made a new product for the counter. Bacon wrapped tater tots. So you wrap bacon around tater tots and deep fry them in shortening until 3/4 cooked. I then put them in the counter in trays of 6 with a little cup of Garlic Aoli. You reheat them in the oven for like 5 minutes. Or on the BBQ.
we had to sample today. I ate 15, well maybe 20, lol. I stole the idea from The Work s Burger place, they called them wrecking balls.

Last edited:

What the hell. The skin is the best part. I justify it by saying that the building blocks of your joints are in the skin, lol.

Just kidding, so what happened though? Sometimes for myself I build up too much inspiration and get excited but then it wears off and I also forget how much harder it is for me to train when I absolutely have to and while my blood is so much thicker. If I am working because I have 10 hour days on average six days a week then 200mg test a week and some npp for four months would be killer.

Just kidding, so what happened though? Sometimes for myself I build up too much inspiration and get excited but then it wears off and I also forget how much harder it is for me to train when I absolutely have to and while my blood is so much thicker. If I am working because I have 10 hour days on average six days a week then 200mg test a week and some npp for four months would be killer.
I took pretty much the whole week off other than cardio. We are busy at work because of thanksgiving.
Plus my massage therapist really beat on me and I was sore for 4 days, lol.
I just need to get motivated again. Next week for sure.

Nothing happened though, sometimes you just need a break.
I a, switching it up, more cardio and less weight training, I just need my legs to get used to the cardio.

I took pretty much the whole week off other than cardio. We are busy at work because of thanksgiving.
Plus my massage therapist really beat on me and I was sore for 4 days, lol.
I just need to get motivated again. Next week for sure.

Nothing happened though, sometimes you just need a break.
I a, switching it up, more cardio and less weight training, I just need my legs to get used to the cardio.
Turkey farming eh? How come I feel like this thread started more than twenty days ago? I just realized you guys are doing a long haul on low doses. I guess that is the benefit of doing such, you can take a break which don't think for a second that is going to not help health and maybe even gains. I thinking about doing something similar because of work myself.

Turkey farming eh? How come I feel like this thread started more than twenty days ago? I just realized you guys are doing a long haul on low doses. I guess that is the benefit of doing such, you can take a break which don't think for a second that is going to not help health and maybe even gains. I thinking about doing something similar because of work myself.
Own a butcher shop.

I was just joking but I was pretty close! That is a pretty cool career to be a muscular guy in. I would love to find a butcher that knows the pains of and joys of weight lifting and always trying to eat more meat and less of other stuff. Basically like being a lumber jack with muscle.

I was just joking but I was pretty close! That is a pretty cool career to be a muscular guy in. I would love to find a butcher that knows the pains of and joys of weight lifting and always trying to eat more meat and less of other stuff. Basically like being a lumber jack with muscle.
I mainly train now so I am strong for work. Plus its fun to have woman still find you attractive.

I took a month to deload. I been training but not much to failure. Last 3 months of Road to 50 pushed hard with no backing off

Been spending more time at the jiujitsu club

Just did annual blood work so will start push harder over the next week or two

Body weight still sitting at 190. Cals at 3500 but diet a little loose

Ok so @Sorbate and i were chatting and clearly we need a more defined goal to get us pushing hard.

Work is kicking our asses and Sorbate is getting fat. Time for an intervention. No time to slack at our age and as @gondar1 says we need more of everything.

So we will do a New Years check-in. On January 31 2022 we will put up some measurement check-ins and an ab shot or two

Lets see what kinda progress these two old guys can make in 15 weeks.

Ok so @Sorbate and i were chatting and clearly we need a more defined goal to get us pushing hard.

Work is kicking our asses and Sorbate is getting fat. Time for an intervention. No time to slack at our age and as @gondar1 says we need more of everything.

So we will do a New Years check-in. On January 31 2022 we will put up some measurement check-ins and an ab shot or two

Lets see what kinda progress these two old guys can make in 15 weeks.

Abs, you never told me we had to put up at pics, lol.