Oldguyjiujitsu and Sorbate's Road to 50!

Free pass to be brutally honest ? I'm in! I joke of course but I think it's great that you guys have found a tool to keep your interest up, glad to answer any questions asked, anytime. Gitter done, 50 is the new 36 judging by what I know about you two. I think you could make 51 the new 35 by next year.
absolute free pass for brutal honesty....its still nicer than i would be to @Sorbate.

Goal, uhm, bigger everywhere, lean while eating potato chips?

Btw, I already critique every picture you put up. I run over to my wife to try and get an honest opinion
’so, does he look leaner than me?’
or ‘are my arms bigger?’
and so on..

And honestly my wife doesn’t notice shit, because she doesn’t care, so she’s not helping at all, lol. If anything it makes me a bit parnoid because I think she doesn’t want to say how much I suck, lol.

But yeah, we will leave it till our little posedown, then maybe we will have to do certian poses (the best we can) and let them mention where we could improve?
I wanted to take a picture of my front and rear lat spread once and could not figure out how to do it while holding the phone. the wife walked by, i asked her to do it...she literally rolled her eyes and walked away. That is the brutal honesty you get after 24 years married. She thinks i take my physical fitness way too serious....but she will still do my pins for me and does not care if i want to do more than TRT so it all balances out. LOL

I wanted to take a picture of my front and rear lat spread once and could not figure out how to do it while holding the phone. the wife walked by, i asked her to do it...she literally rolled her eyes and walked away. That is the brutal honesty you get after 24 years married. She thinks i take my physical fitness way too serious....but she will still do my pins for me and does not care if i want to do more than TRT so it all balances out. LOL
What about setting the timer on your camera?

My wife would never inject me. Walks out of the room when I do it. Honestly she thinks I’m crazy for pinning something made at some dudes house, lol.

I was almost able to get phlebotomy equipment, and I asked her if she would just keep an eye on me so I would pass out or something and kill myself. I never got an answer either way.

But she knows I’m a full grown man and figures I looked into it to make sure I wouldn’t kill myself, lol.

I’ll walk upstairs to flex for her, she asks me to move out of the way because she’s watching a friends rerun, or some home and garden show, lol. I know the eye roll well.

Guys are wired differently. If my wife was half naked posing for me, I’d drop what I was doing and try to mate with her, lol.

Only time she mentions anything is after a couple drinks, and there was other people over at our house swimming in the pool, and she will mention that I made a guy 15 years younger look bad, lol. She has said I have a big enough ego already and she doesn’t want my head to explode, lol.

Btw, there is nothing wrong with taking fitness serious, as long as it doesn’t consume your life.

Mr Picky chiming in here.

Pro Tip #3 - Take all pics under exact same circumstances as best you can, same relationship to training, eating, time of day and especially lighting. Make marks on the floor or find landmarks to stand on so you are in exact same place. An inch or two can make a big difference. (that's what she said)

Bro tip # 15 - take video on camera and pull still shots from it until you get a feel for what's right, especially useful for back shots. Then use the timer or the wife holder.

Mr Picky chiming in here.

Pro Tip #3 - Take all pics under exact same circumstances as best you can, same relationship to training, eating, time of day and especially lighting. Make marks on the floor or find landmarks to stand on so you are in exact same place. An inch or two can make a big difference. (that's what she said)

Bro tip # 15 - take video on camera and pull still shots from it until you get a feel for what's right, especially useful for back shots. Then use the timer or the wife holder.
Good advice. I like the video still picture one.

So my front end manager comes up to me today, hes been weight training a bit and he asks me how at my age do I deal with being sore all the time, lol.
So I helped myself out of the chair (because my legs are sore as fuck) and I hobbled over to him as they unstiffened and said, I don’t know, I just do it.
Yeah, sometimes I think I must be mentally challenged for wanting to bodybuild, but there is just something about it.

And damn, I really hurt today, but I dragged my ass to the basement and trained back anyways.

Another idea is that after we post up our pics, we could have a few vets, that understand our goals give us some honest feedback. If they are willing?

@Funnyman
@gondar1
@flexappeal
@ABMonkey

We can use that feedback to create our goals for Road to 51. The other option is that we just critique the shit out of each other Bwahahahahah
100% I’d be willing!

So my front end manager comes up to me today, hes been weight training a bit and he asks me how at my age do I deal with being sore all the time, lol.
So I helped myself out of the chair (because my legs are sore as fuck) and I hobbled over to him as they unstiffened and said, I don’t know, I just do it.
Yeah, sometimes I think I must be mentally challenged for wanting to bodybuild, but there is just something about it.

And damn, I really hurt today, but I dragged my ass to the basement and trained back anyways.

I hear you…i did upper body Monday, trained jiu jitsu tuesday, did legs yesterday and sparred with my son and one of my 3o year old blackbelts today (Who fought in the UFC for five years)…. We’re having dinner and I can barely get out of the chair yet my son says “dadI’m really sore from training today” lol he is 17.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hear you…i did upper body Monday, trained jiu jitsu tuesday, did legs yesterday and sparred with my son and one of my 3o year old blackbelts today (Who fought in the UFC for five years)…. We’re having dinner and I can barely get out of the chair yet my son says “dadI’m really sore from training today” lol he is 17.

I don't really remember being that sore at 17. I mean I likely was. Mind you I was kinda brought up not to talk about it or you were teased for whining.
Like the kids at work will tell me they can't lift something. I would have never said that to my boss. I would have killed myself first trying before I'd admit I was a pussy. Mind you that would explain why I need 2 hernias repaired before I was 36, lol.

I’ve been practicing my picture taking. Lighting really makes a difference.
I was training arms last night, had a good pump.
Now I just need to lean out, lol. 6 weeks. Damn this summer went by fast.

Last edited:
I’ve been practicing my picture taking. Lighting really makes a difference.
I was training arms last night, had a good pump.
Now I just need to lean out, lol. 6 weeks. Damn this summer went by fast.

I am not going to lean out…i am growing so just keep it going.

I ate most of a package of the sweet and hot jerky on the deck today

I am not going to lean out…i am growing so just keep it going.

I ate most of a package of the sweet and hot jerky on the deck today

I was wondering if you liked it, I didn’t get another message.
You understand the jerky was part of my evil plan to keep you eating and losing willpower.

Ive been hitting my diet hard last two days. I forgot how hungry you get at first. Six weeks, I’ll be lean.
Ive dropped the deca now, so I’ll lose the bloat and next week I’ll start Winny, a tiny bit of Clen.

Btw, that was a whole pound of jerky. Jesus.
The hot and sweat is my favourite...and yup sitting on the deck after surfing i inhaled 3/4 of the package.

I am serious though. i have put good size on my chest and legs and everyone at jiu jitsu (now that we are back) keep telling me how good i look with more weight on. When i am running too lean my face looks a little like skeletor. the other bonus is that i think i was running too lean year round for jiu jitsu as my joints hurt way less now. SO you will beat me on low body fat...especailly with the winny and clen but i am happy with my current package. i will take measurements soon as i do have before measurements.

The hot and sweat is my favourite...and yup sitting on the deck after surfing i inhaled 3/4 of the package.

I am serious though. i have put good size on my chest and legs and everyone at jiu jitsu (now that we are back) keep telling me how good i look with more weight on. When i am running too lean my face looks a little like skeletor. the other bonus is that i think i was running too lean year round for jiu jitsu as my joints hurt way less now. SO you will beat me on low body fat...especailly with the winny and clen but i am happy with my current package. i will take measurements soon as i do have before measurements.
I don’t know if I’ll beat you on the lean thing, lol. I’ll be leanish, likely not under 10%

we also make the sweet and hot in chicken version as well.

Ok Mr. Juju.
I’m hammering it pretty hard. I think I’m starting to look decent, but who knows it could be my ego fooling me, lol.
I never did bother doing cardio.

Anyhow here’s a pic for motivation. 3 more weeks of starving myself, oh yeah!

D6B3E67C-766A-4CCB-81A3-968E4BD1F644.jpeg

Last edited: