Old fart thread.

"Play free bird!"

Some interesting points about this one:
  • This performance took place just a few months before the plane crash that killed 3 band members, including vocalist Ronnie Van Zant
  • Performing in front of a huge rebel flag would never fly today
  • No cell phones in the audience
  • No bras in the audience
Enjoy

Saw them in Montreal September 75 iirc.

When I get to my office lately I've been blarring Led Zepplin before the work day starts..

So many people walk by and give me weird looks because they don't know who led zepplin is.. The odd person will poke their head in my office and give me the devil horns lol...

Houses of the Holy..... You can't even put into words the importance of this album in music history.. It's just the epitome of classic rock.. And just imagine, those boys were like 20 years old when they wrote and recorded it..

We used to get baked and then listen to this song in my buddies convertible with the top down on summer nights cruising..

Forgot about this gem until driving home from my first COVID test lol...

I would have been like 4 or 5 when it came out, but man I remember listenign to it back then..

When I was around age of grade 1 I really wanted to be a rock star when I grew up..

i got goosebumps first time I found this video. It's the first time he played this sound for an audience. I know many don't like Neil because of his political views, but I enjoy his music a lot when I'm in the mood for it.

Good stuff... use to listen to this song a lot when I took a year off from school, skied, smoked a lot of pot, and had an awesome sound system in my parents basement.

I remember being so high one time with my buddies one time when I was about 20.. We were hanging out in the basement of someone's house barely awake and completely stoned, and this one came on the stereo... I was not ready to hear such a deep haunting song lol.. It put me over the edge at that point in time

great song when your high ... most music is better with a little THC. This one is good when your not high as well.

great song when your high ... most music is better with a little THC. This one is good when your not high as well.

If I was stonned on the couch and that opening riff in "everybody wants to rule the world starts" came on, it would be as close to a time machine as I'll ever get.