Ok, this is sick

If you lay him off and he sees that his position is filled within 6 months he can come back at you. Just be wary, i have had this occur as well, ive seen almost everything over the years in industry.....I am always surprised so i have not seen it all...yet...
It is a permently layoff, I’ll pay him the two weeks I owe him. Not the first time I’ve let someone go.
He’s only worked for me a little over a year.
I highly doubt he will try anything. It’s not a big city, I doubt he wants perspective employers to know what he did.

I will get documentation.

Last edited:
It is a permently layoff, I’ll pay him the two weeks I owe him. Not the first time I’ve let someone go. They can try to come at me for wrongful dismissal but then what he did would be brought to light and he could be charged. Not sure if it’s worth it.
Seriously he was sexually assaulting a female co worker using his position. I will let him know he is very lucky that no charges are being pressed against him.
I highly doubt he will try anything. It’s not a big city, I doubt he wants perspective employers to know what he did.

Layoff?
I am not familiar with ON termination reports, but is there a different option for fired?

Layoff?
I am not familiar with ON termination reports, but is there a different option for fired?
Yes you can permenantly lay ioff and pay termination pay. It is only done so that the person you got rid of just fucks off and goes away.

It is a permently layoff, I’ll pay him the two weeks I owe him. Not the first time I’ve let someone go. They can try to come at me for wrongful dismissal but then what he did would be brought to light and he could be charged. Not sure if it’s worth it.
Seriously he was sexually assaulting a female co worker using his position. I will let him know he is very lucky that no charges are being pressed against him.

Permanent layoff is fine, what i am saying is that if you post it up again within 6 months and he sees it, he could come back with a wrongful dismissal.
Peoples ignorance never surprises me at all anymore...

I am sure you have let folks go before, i am just throwing this out there as i have experience with this and seen it go south quick. Sorry i thought you were seeking some advice. I re read and see you were not....just ignore my posts....lol...What do i know....

Get statements from the ladies and put on his file to avoid wrongful dismissal cheges and fees. It needs to be documented or it did not happen and labor board will tell you the same. Unfortunately i have had to deal with these types of things many times in my career from a leadership position.

Severance will be a couple weeks of pay, per year of service unless he takes you to court it can get weird real quick, documentation is critical.
This^^^^

Plus speak to a lawyer and make sure you cover your ass. My buddy had a similar situation. After the guy was gone the girl started to dog it. When my buddy asked what was up she told him he couldn’t fire her as she would sue him for not providing a safe working environment.

In the end he needed a lawyer as she began threaten him, if she didn’t get a raise, she should get promoted.

Fing messy. Glad I’m in construction and don’t typically need to deal with this.

If you lay him off and he sees that his position is filled within 6 months he can come back at you. Just be wary, i have had this occur as well, ive seen almost everything over the years in industry.....I am always surprised so i have not seen it all...yet...
Exactly why you need a lawyer. This should be dismissal with cause.

Exactly why you need a lawyer. This should be dismissal with cause.
Damn right. Fired. Period. No pay. No easy road.
And the girl needs to be interviewed in front of a witness, preferably female, and provide a written statement. And it must include that she requested police not involved even though the employer recommended filing a police report.
trust nobody

Damn right. Fired. Period. No pay. No easy road.
And the girl needs to be interviewed in front of a witness, preferably female, and provide a written statement. And it must include that she requested police not involved even though the employer recommended filing a police report.
trust nobody
Ok, right now she hasnt even thought of going to human rights, or reporting him. Why would I give her this information and create shit for myself?

Ok, right now she hasnt even thought of going to human rights, or reporting him. Why would I give her this information and create shit for myself?
Give her what information?
Now i am confused. I am saying just a written statement about the incident. Same as if she caught her and in a meat grinder. Its to cover your ass.
All i am saying is whatever she says to you verbally I would write it down and have her sign it.
And what happens if it starts problems in her relationship at home? Boyfriend mad cause it happened and she did nothing about it so must have liked it. Now she needs to prove it was unwelcomed so gonna burn everyone.
I am not trying to tell you what to do, just thinking out loud what i would do if in tour shoes. And first thing would be to protect me and the business. Thats all.

I am not sure about the laws in Ontario, but in Alberta all workplace incidents must be reported and properly documented by law.
Sexual assault would be considered an Incident.
Did he actually get a finger in her? Maybe its just a near miss. Lol

Sorbate, you could be in a difficult position bud. In situations like this it's usually wise not to stir the pot and let things die down. But the dying down period for this can be many years, and in between those years any one of these allegedly victimized females can come back to haunt you for payday. With all these Me Too and Social Justice Warriors going on you probably would have served your business and staff best to have let him go from that first complaint. Many businesses literally have zero tolerance when it comes to any sort of harassment of females. No verbal warnings, no written or discipilinary actions, straight fired.

You could be asked when were you first informed of his behavior, aside from talking to him about it what other investigative procedures did you take, etc. My brother in law's firm has represented many girls in nearly exact similar situations, and it's all about getting paid. Don't bank on trusting anyone brother.

A person like this will keep doing this to women forever.

@Sorbate you have to involve the police. Since you heard that multiple women were involved at your workplace, then this becomes your responsibility as a human being. This guy needs to be brought to justice so he cannot repeat this anywhere else.

Last edited:
ok, hire a lawyer, $4000. Pay termination pay, $1700.
Lawher that practice this type of law are stupidly expensive.
Agreed but cheap insurance. She can come back and bite you in the ass and so could he for wrongful dismal or claim he has a sexual addiction and you did nothing to help him.

It’s a fucked up world right now and not great being an employer.

Agreed but cheap insurance. She can come back and bite you in the ass and so could he for wrongful dismal or claim he has a sexual addiction and you did nothing to help him.

It’s a fucked up world right now and not great being an employer.
Yes sir, unfortunately i have grown to trust almost no one in employment circumstances, there is some bang on 100% correct info on this thread that i have witnessed the bad effects too many times first hand and i have been to court and interviewed too many damn times, i am a document the shit out of anything that is not normal guy now. CYA always. Works everytime.