Ok, this is sick

you won't need to pay him severance for this, but it would be good to follow the proper procedures in your province so that he has no form of recourse. Advise him that staff may follow up with pressing charges.

The process I use:

1-verbal warning
2- written warning
3 - dismissal

All 3 steps are kinda written as I make them sign off on the fact they got a verbal warning, and what it was about. The written warning is a lot more detailed and mentions the previous verbal warning. 3rd strike it's sometimes hard to get them to sign lol, but again it's documented.

What a dirty maggot id a let him come back and took him out back and beat him to a inch of his life and told him if he goes to the cops he’ll be charged with sexual assault that you have it on camera he d leave and you’d never here a word

I concur with what @3ml just said. @Sorbate - it isn't just the individual that can be charged but your business too. I know you would never knowing allow this and you fired him but the guy can be fired and anything he did - you are legally responsible for as its your business and you employ him. Is that right - no, but it is the law. Make sure you documented the day you talked to him and the day you fired him, why and all the events that led up to it.

If you don't have EPL liability on your insurance policy (which a normal butcher shop won't) - get it now and make sure it has no retroactive date. If you want more help on this PM me and I can advise you. I work with a lot of companies with similar scenarios who were sued. If they had EPL (employment practices liability) with no retro date then the occurrence would be covered. If it is a claims made wording with a retro date, often the day you buy the coverage, then you are only covered for claims presented from the date on.

An experienced commercial insurance broker will know the occurrence based EPL policies that are available and if a broker tells you there are none - they are wrong. They just don't know the companies to go to.

I work in risk management and am required to give people written warnings but there are exceptions and in this case - that is sexual assault and the guy can go to jail. No wonder you want to beat him - that is ridiculous.

I don’t think the girl wants police invloved. She just wants him to stop and me firing him was more then expected.

I don’t think the girl wants police invloved. She just wants him to stop and me firing him was more then expected.
I’m glad you take care of your staff. I’m sure there’s some pieces of shit in ownership who either harass women themselves, or congratulate the guy that “got some action” it’s pretty fucked up man. I’m pretty good with women and how to treat them and what not, and I tell you first sense a women isnt interested it probably fucks my ego up so bad , I form a grudge since I’m a Scorpio , and either way I wouldn’t be saying a word to the woman after that isn’t a head nod or a hello. This guy is next level sick , and probably pretty lonely (wonder why)

That’s the kind of business you want to run. Especially in divided times such as these. Good on you Sorbs. As well I’m glad the girl is sticking with the shop after everything she’s been through, I’m positive she will look at good men a bit differently at least after that experience…

Get statements from the ladies and put on his file to avoid wrongful dismissal cheges and fees. It needs to be documented or it did not happen and labor board will tell you the same. Unfortunately i have had to deal with these types of things many times in my career from a leadership position.

Severance will be a couple weeks of pay, per year of service unless he takes you to court it can get weird real quick, documentation is critical.

If you lay him off and he sees that his position is filled within 6 months he can come back at you. Just be wary, i have had this occur as well, ive seen almost everything over the years in industry.....I am always surprised so i have not seen it all...yet...