Nutritionists, Dietitians, Hospital Food etc Experiences

gondar1

I'm kind of a big deal in Japan
Trusted Member
Share your opinions and experiences folks. Gripes and kudos. A solid practitioner is worth their weight in Wagyu Beef IMO but I find them very rare in the public sector let alone private. IME the biggest issue is often their dogmatic approach and inflexible cookie cutter approach. Worst case for me is when it's been out of my control like when admitted to the hospital say post surgery.
"So here are your food choices for tomorrow sir, please check off one from each group"
Me - "Uh, is this a joke ? That's way too small of a lunch, I'll starve in here"
"Oh no sir that's the meal plan for the day"
Me - "Looks like about 1500 calories and 90 grams of protein"
"Good guess, that's about right!"
Me - "Please leave, I need to make some phone calls so I don't die of malnutrition in here"

Last edited:
It may be based on some goals of theirs, like light food that people won't throw up or get constipated from and maybe other criteria. I know jails and rehabs always deal with malnourished people so it's high carb diet to boost people's energy and not much protein if any. Doesn't make sense to have pullup bars and shit but low protein but yea. Also cost. They probably cut every corner to save every penny.

LOL who remembers that vegan propoganda bullshit
What the health
That was on Netflix and everyone was freaking out until it all got debunked…

they said 1 egg is equivalent to eating a cigarette

nutrition is such a loose field…
As I mentioned in the other thread hospital food is very pathetic..
the diet they recommend before chemo is very sad…
I think we all have many stories of naturopaths who give a whole green diet with antioxidants to patients and they feel and get better

Share your opinions and experiences folks. Gripes and kudos. A solid practitioner is worth their weight in Wagyu Beef IMO but I find them very rare in the public sector let alone private. IME the biggest issue is often their dogmatic approach and inflexible cookie cutter approach. Worst case for me is when it's been out of my control like when admitted to the hospital say post surgery.
"So here are your food choices for tomorrow sir, please check off one from each group"
Me - "Uh, is this a joke ? That's way too small of a lunch, I'll starve in here"
"Oh no sir that's the meal plan for the day"
Me - "Looks like about 1500 calories and 90 grams of protein"
"Good guess, that's about right!"
Me - "Please leave, I need to make some phone calls so I don't die of malnutrition in here"
LOL I completely understand the last sentence! I’ve had problems in the past where they bring me meat after I tell them multiple times that I do not eat meat, it’s crazy 😜

Let me start with the Canada Food guide……

if that’s the best our medical community can develop then where do we go from there?

from what I have read, that “guide” was originally designed to help the wheat farmers out.
Yeah from what I gather various food industries have had a MAJOR influence on the guides both here and in the states. I looked into it a while ago, their is plenty of documentation to back that up. Lobbying goes on just like with Big Pharma, BIg Wheat/grains, Big Cereal, Big Dairy, Big Sugar (not the band, I like them). It happens with the ones most of us like too of course, it's just a piss off when the obviously unhealthy ones win out.

I've had some heated arguements with hospital dieticians, never met one yet who didn't seem like they were just there to cash a cheque. Basically reading from a script with no ability to think critically. If you know me I'm pretty much like the way I act on the boards. In particular what I am referring to is that if I don't understand something or disagree I will usually ask for an explanation. These folks are not in favor of that IME.

I gave up on the diet shit and just bring my own usually. Biggest arguements have been about them not wanting to allow supplements and forbidding me to bring them in.

Off topic but I even had to argue to get my Test shots one time. Legit TRT too, I was dosing EOD and nurses and doc were telling me I didn't need it cause I should only be taking it every 2 weeks. Had to sneak that in for a couple shots till an Endo came to see me, he was either very accommodating or just didn't give a shit. Nurses then OD me cause they used a 3cc 20g(?) spike to give me 0.2cc shots. I did my own with a slinpin after that.