Nutrition with medication questions

rbk35

Hi whoever can help me with this one I would appreciate .. here is the situation : got sick in 2015 and took 85 pounds because of doing nothing and eating. went from 220 12-15% bodyfat to 305 42% bodyfat .....The problem is im working my ass off to lose the weight but it doesnt fckin move maybe a pound a month .... other fact I'm really addict to zopiclone a pill to sleep its been really long time ..... So here is what I think holding my weight loss .. I'm usually working evening shift from 3-4 to midnight and when I arrive home and i'm hungry plus I'm taking the sleeping pill wich also makes me hungry and even tough I control myself to eat only chicken on grill wich is healthy and i'm eating just a few pieces before going to bed....and during the day I got another meal of chicken with rice or pasta , a cup of rasberry and a shake ...plus I give myself 2 little mini cans of coca cola so maybe 500ml a day ....

exercise part : since the gym are close again I got a stationnary bike wich i'm riding 30 minutes 4-5 times a week .

any input of you guys ? some say its the medication , some say that I dont eat enough ...but I dont understand because calorie in vs calorie out is what matter .....

Post up your diet....

How many calories are you eating daily? What intensity are you doing your cardio at? TDEE?

Can't really help without knowing a bit more.

Hi whoever can help me with this one I would appreciate .. here is the situation : got sick in 2015 and took 85 pounds because of doing nothing and eating. went from 220 12-15% bodyfat to 305 42% bodyfat .....The problem is im working my ass off to lose the weight but it doesnt fckin move maybe a pound a month .... other fact I'm really addict to zopiclone a pill to sleep its been really long time ..... So here is what I think holding my weight loss .. I'm usually working evening shift from 3-4 to midnight and when I arrive home and i'm hungry plus I'm taking the sleeping pill wich also makes me hungry and even tough I control myself to eat only chicken on grill wich is healthy and i'm eating just a few pieces before going to bed....and during the day I got another meal of chicken with rice or pasta , a cup of rasberry and a shake ...plus I give myself 2 little mini cans of coca cola so maybe 500ml a day ....

exercise part : since the gym are close again I got a stationnary bike wich i'm riding 30 minutes 4-5 times a week .

any input of you guys ? some say its the medication , some say that I dont eat enough ...but I dont understand because calorie in vs calorie out is what matter .....
First thought - To be clear I am not saying this about you! - People (woman mostly) who say "(insert medication name here) makes me gain weight" are one of my pet peeves. A little weight through water retention ? Sure but the claim is usually being made referring to fat gain.

This is IMO complete bullshit, as usual I welcome any education coming my way to change my mind though. Afaik there is not any medicine that magically changes the laws of thermodynamics ie; calories in vs calories out. Corticosteroids may cause water retention, other drugs may affect insulin reactions, some drugs may stimulate appetite but none of that matters to if you maintain a negative or maintenance calorie balance. You could also get "fatter" percentage wise if you lose X lbs of muscle and gain X lbs of fat at the same time but that's just word play.

The only way Zop could cause FAT gain I can see is if it causes you to lose control and over eat possibly at a time when you have no memory of it due to the tranquilizer you took.

My advice - If you are only losing a lb a month yeah something is wrong with the program. Move on from the drug theory and closely examine your diet and activity level. @Funnyman is a member here who works in that area, he has great reviews and many happy customers, well worth the amazingly low cost of working with him. The forum is also filled with posts very similar to yours, read a few to see how they play out - the questions that are asked and the info that will likely be asked of you and update this thread in kind. Take the onus of the workload away from the people reading, the more detailed info you provide the more likely you are to get informative responses.

Best of Luck to you.

thanks a loy for your reply ,

see the problem is i'm not a newbie when it comes to diet ..I use to play pro hockey and was very well educated on that ..I know thermodynamics , insulance resistance ...I'm not sayin I know it all but background is there.

top top 1600-1800 calories a day and not losing weight at my size ..bloodwork is good ...cardio is sometimes 30 minutes flat sometimes between 20-30 HIIT.

diet : get up at noon : eating roasted chicken filet ( no measure but its not a big quantity ) a little bit of jasmin rice maybe quarter of a cup plus a rack of rasberries .

before going to work and it is also after the bike : 1 shake of protein mixed with water-orange juice and also put some frozen rasberries in it.

when I comeback from work I eat the same portion of chicken but no rice

first and last meal I drink a mini coca cola can of 100 calories

that is all my intake and i'm not more hungry .

* as for zopiclone no Im not binge eating with it ..since its been a long time the effect is minimal

thanks for your input !

see the problem is i'm not a newbie when it comes to diet ..I use to play pro hockey and was very well educated on that ..I know thermodynamics , insulance resistance ...I'm not sayin I know it all but background is there.

top top 1600-1800 calories a day and not losing weight at my size ..bloodwork is good ...cardio is sometimes 30 minutes flat sometimes between 20-30 HIIT.

diet : get up at noon : eating roasted chicken filet ( no measure but its not a big quantity ) a little bit of jasmin rice maybe quarter of a cup plus a rack of rasberries .

before going to work and it is also after the bike : 1 shake of protein mixed with water-orange juice and also put some frozen rasberries in it.

* as for zopiclone no Im not binge eating with it ..since its been a long time the effect is minimal

thanks for your input !
What i would do.... ditch the pops. Get zero's if you need the soda. I'd also ditch the orange juice and all the fruit initially. I'd go full on spartan for the first couple of weeks till you establish some sort of baseline. Then you can start adding in more 'exotic' foods lol.

Working with the plan you've given us....

Cardio 5 times a week with HR above 140 for 30mins.

Meal one: 6oz chicken breast (not rotisserie)|1 cup Jasmine Rice

Meal two: 6oz chicken breast|1 cup Jasmine Rice

Meal 3: 30g whey isolate|20g nut butter

Meal 4: 30g whey isolate|20g nut butter

I'd add an extra meal in there because if you start off at 1600 cals you've got nowhere to fucking go. You also have zero fat in your diet. With regards to nut butter, make sure you the only ingredient is the nut.

But..... I'd just hire @Funnyman and he'll tell you what to do.

excellent that you have knowledge. If it was me-

I'd measure and monitor every macro and calorie. I say that to anyone who will listen btw lol. Not forever but periodically, obviously I think now would be a good time to do it in your case. Surprises abound usually.

There is more than one way to skin a cat but I have never seen someone fail at shedding fat by meticulously tracking and then incrementally dropping cals over time. It can be a lot of work but IME it always works if strictly adhered to. I like carb cycling during that process too.

You need to start at higher calories to do that though, call me crazy but I would go to something like 2400 for 3 weeks and work down from there. I expect there might be some disagreement on this part lol.

Edit: I've taken Zop and come out to the kitchen in the morning to find a scene of nightmarish carbohydrate destruction which I assume I caused.

thanks for your input !

The two problem i see right now are the pop & orange juice.

Another problem Is the rice, you need to weight out your rice. Sometimes not all people need to scrap white rice and eat brown rice.

If you every need help, I can get you on your way to a good start.

The clients that needed my help, know there body really fast and how they respond.

Need to see full labs including everything but kitchen sink minerals/vitamins/hormones dhea/thyroid/estrogen/testosterone/blood etc need to see your health and where your at. Sometimes its not 100% diet

Two suggestions.

Reach out to @Funnyman as he will get you set up.

Try fasting. 1 meal per day, don’t sweat macros, eat until satisfied and that’s it. I find this is a great way to lose some weight and ”reset” your metabolism. It can be very hard at first but try it for two weeks.

ok 3, drop the sugary drinks as well.

I havent drank a fully loaded coke in 20 years so get rid of those asap
There are many ways of dieting that can work. I put my buddy and his wife (non weight trainers) on a keto diet and over a year or so they made great progress. He went from 280 down to 190 and she lost about 50lbs. She wouldnt tell me her weight. They are now on a traditional balanced eating plan
I would add a home workout if your gym is closed. Pushups, situps, standing squats, lunges. Get your heart rate up, Its not easy to get motivated at home but its got to get done.

thanks all especially funnyman to take the time of answering my post!!

First for coca cola ..My grandpa made me drink this when I was 2 years old ... since then its like the worst addiction I have ... never been able to kicked it and I was in good shape while keeping the coca cola in but I will try once more for sure.

Problem I have with keto is once you go on its pretty tough to get some carbs back as you rebound!!!

As for your diet funnyman I appreciate it !!! for my fats I was taking some omega caps ...I know its not enough. Il try that spartan route see if I can get any progress with it .. the harder part will to no eat a full meal after work at midnight when I'm starving!!!!!

thanks!!!

rbk35

thanks all especially funnyman to take the time of answering my post!!

First for coca cola ..My grandpa made me drink this when I was 2 years old ... since then its like the worst addiction I have ... never been able to kicked it and I was in good shape while keeping the coca cola in but I will try once more for sure.

Problem I have with keto is once you go on its pretty tough to get some carbs back as you rebound!!!

As for your diet funnyman I appreciate it !!! for my fats I was taking some omega caps ...I know its not enough. Il try that spartan route see if I can get any progress with it .. the harder part will to no eat a full meal after work at midnight when I'm starving!!!!!

thanks!!!

rbk35
I get your soda pop addiction. I have a bad one as well. If I’m hung over I’ll drink 5-6 cans of Pepsi the next day.
Right now I drink one a day, but I’m not trying to get lean. If I was the sugar, or as much as I can, has to go. I started to drink Diet Coke, you get used to the gross taste after a while, plus the fizz bloats you.
Another trick is to use fibre. When you drink a tablespoon of fibre your guts fill up and you lose the gut hunger sensation.
If I am dieting and want to eat less but not be starving after, I’ll break my fibre into smaller portions, like teaspoons and drink one teaspoon with a glass of water before I eat.
Works like a charm, plus you don’t get constipated when you reduce your food.
Funnyman is great, I used him, but your own will power is what will get you lean.
I had a bag of popcorn twists on my table in the gym, I’d allow myself 4 pieces a day, mainly to keep myself sane (I love junk food), anyhow sone days I’d eat 6, then tell myself to stop don’t fuck up 10 weeks or whatever of dieting fir one binge.

If you really are on,y eating 1600 cal a day, you should increase your clean calories for a few weeks first, but Funnyman will do that to you. He did that for me at the start, you will be amazed at how full you feel eating non calorie dense food, like rice. Fuck at first it felt like all I did was eat.