Novitec's experiment log

Novitec

Trusted Member
Alright here we go.

The plan is to taper down my dose of Test, which I am already in the process of, and come off for a minimum of 8 weeks (my libido will dictate this number) to see if this would be a benefit when I go back on. I have not come off in a very long time as I have been on TRT steady for somewhere around the 4-5 years mark and off and on for somewhere in the 15 year mark, I cant remember exactly. Logic tells me that clearing out receptors will allow them to function better once I do go back on. I'm sure there's studies that say this works and some that say it wont but, I want to find out for myself if this will yield better gains than just dropping to a TRT dose between 'blasts'. Not to mentions there's obviously health benefits to it.

My recent cycle I am tapering off of is as follows:

I ran 400 Test and 200 Mast and Growth for 24 weeks. Dropped the Growth and Mast and threw in some NPP at 200 and upped the Test to 600 and ran that for another 15 weeks. Dropped the NPP out and lowered Test to 400 two weeks ago. Ill run 200 Test for 2 more weeks then 100 for 2 more then off completely.

Some of you may be looking at this cycle and think wtf kind of cycle is that. Over the years I've done and tried almost everything conventional in the book. Now I just paly around with random shit and see what works.

I have not obviously noticed a decrease in performance at all yet. No fluctuation in weight and no strength loss. What I have noticed though since dropping the NPP is my mental state is a lot better. Im not sure 19nors agree with me, lol although, I will run NPP again as it produces great strength for me and a really good look especially being as lean as I am.

I wont be updating this daily as it become very redundant if I do that. I will however update weekly with pros, cons and anything I notice along the way.

Also, I have no clue my weight as I don't weight myself. The mirror and the way my clothes fit are my marker point to see what is going on with my physique. The scale is too much of a head game I don't care about. As long as I have a look I like that's all I care about.

Wish me luck!

Figured Id throw a workout or two in the mix so you guys can see how I train. Did some arms today. I never used to have a dedicated arm day. I would just throw triceps in with chest or shoulders, sometimes both. Biceps Id throw in with back or legs or both. Ive been doing slight variations of one of Nick Walkers arm days for the past number of months and have seen a huge benefit from it. Todays was as follows:

Cambered bar pushdown
4 sets working up to a final set with 140lbs for 12 reps followed by a drop with 75lbs for 24 reps

Dumbell curls
4 sets working up to a final set with 45lbs for 8 followed by a drop with 22.5lbs for 16

Hammer grip single arm cable pushdowns
3 sets working up to a final set with 50lbs for 12 reps

Cable hammer curls
3 sets working up to a final set with 100lbs for 12 reps

Machine dips
3 sets working up to a final set with 180lbs for 12 reps

Machine curls
3 sets working up to a final set with 80lbs for 12 reps

Laying double arm triceps extension on an incline
1 set 30 reps with 25lbs followed immediately by:

Seated DB hammer curls
1 set 30 reps with 25lbs

Once this was complete I did a 90 second loaded stretch for triceps followed by a 90 second loaded stretch for biceps

3 sets of abs

Smoked

Good thread to have here. Think you will do perfectly fine. Whether you do it again in another story

@Novitec , If you do have issues and feel really off after 4-6 weeks or so, it can happen. I have in the past taken a shot or 2 of hcg each week, once this hit me, around 500 iu and some nolvadex on hand or a serm of some sort.
Just in case it gets tough. I have done it so frequently now over the years i know what to anticipate coming each week, so it does not get to me, and i keep my on the 8-12 week time off, and knowing how good it is once back again, a mindset. I get the feeling you are stubborn bugger
(in a good way) and will have no issue getting it done.

It does feel a bit tougher on week 4-6 at times. I have taken HCG, which still ups my endogenous test, but not affecting the organs and brain and receptors, which you are trying to give a break.
If ever you have bad days, post em up, someone will have some good words, or fixes to get through it. I'm stoked for you. Its fun, in a weird way. It is all about the getting back on and feeling results and getting the next level.

BTW, i started cycle again on Xmas day legitimately, as i was going to start on the 10 of Dec, but held off due to outside influences with bloodwork etc i wanted to get a set on.

Already i am seeing and feeling a big difference and have reached the same weight and body composition i was when i stopped. That good creeping feeling in my legs, forearm and biceps feeling like they are pumped up just sitting around in the evening, that feeling of growth and tiredness that i can sleep for an afternoon nap at the drop of a hat, while my body adjusts to fast growth due to muscle memory and knowing how to grow. Friends commenting and wife noticed it already (without my asking btw) lol

When i stopped i had a long run, and things were stalling, anxiety creeping up again, and general off feeling. Bloods were good except rbc etc, but organs were fine on tests. Something happens though with long term runs.

I feel amazing, better than i had in my last 10 weeks on my long cycle i ran.

@Novitec , If you do have issues and feel really off after 4-6 weeks or so, it can happen. I have in the past taken a shot or 2 of hcg each week, once this hit me, around 500 iu and some nolvadex on hand or a serm of some sort.
Just in case it gets tough. I have done it so frequently now over the years i know what to anticipate coming each week, so it does not get to me, and i keep my on the 8-12 week time off, and knowing how good it is once back again, a mindset. I get the feeling you are stubborn bugger
(in a good way) and will have no issue getting it done.

It does feel a bit tougher on week 4-6 at times. I have taken HCG, which still ups my endogenous test, but not affecting the organs and brain and receptors, which you are trying to give a break.
If ever you have bad days, post em up, someone will have some good words, or fixes to get through it. I'm stoked for you. Its fun, in a weird way. It is all about the getting back on and feeling results and getting the next level.
I appreciate the feedback brother. I was actually thinking of utilizing HCG if things got a little rough so nice so hear you have done the same. I know for certain I am golden for 4 weeks. I traveled to the Philippines a few years ago for 4 weeks so I had no choice but to not shoot and everything was fine. Mental state good, libido good, everything good.

Lol you know me well from our conversation. I'm very stubborn, in a good way. I have a robot mode switch I can turn on at anytime I want. Good and bad sometimes lol. But more good than bad I'd say. If I say I'm gonna do something I do it. Whether I have good days or bad days I do it, end of story.

Well, I must have jinxed myself in that other thread about being sick saying I haven't been sick in years. Just worked a few nights shifts and man two days ago I felt a little something but, figured it was just the night shifts. Got off yesterday morning and slept for a bit and felt like I got hit by a bus when I woke up!! I havent felt that bad in a loooooong time. Feel a little better today. Got a good 14 hours sleep last night. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be back at the gym. Appetite is way down, energy down so just gonna rest up and not put anymore load on my body. Neck up I train but, this is head to toe so no training for me.

Feeling about 90% today after being sick and hit the gym today for some back and biceps after being off for 5 days. I didn't push myself and kept volume low compared to how I usually train. I hadn't ate much over the past few days and just getting over the flu I saw no need to go crazy. I am also nearing the end of week 1 of 200mg Test. My energy and endurance was way down but, oddly enough my strength was up, go figure. I also look insanely lean, even more so than usual, which I am not mad about because I actually look bigger than I did before despite feeling a little smaller.

Also, I no longer have the feeling of my body running at 9000rpm. That feeling has gone down significantly (@ironwill you'll know what Im talking about) and my sleep has also improved. The length of it as well as the quality of it. That is a big deal for me as I was suffering from some serious sleep issues.

I wont bother posting the workout as I was just going through the motions getting back in the swing of things. I just did 4 exercises for back, 3 sets each and 2 exercises for biceps, 3 sets each followed by 2 sets of abs.

Back tomorrow for some chest and triceps.

Back at 100% here now. Took about a week. Few more days left before I drop down to 100mg a week for 2 weeks then off. The main thing I have noticed so far is how this is affecting my sleep, in a good way.

As I mentioned previously I suffered from some severe sleep issues...unable to relax and wind down, brain always running at light speed, constant waking up. I could never sleep for more than 3 hours max consecutively before waking up either from shoulder pain (the size of them doesn't help) and nightmares, which happened all night every night. I'd wake up daily feeling like I got smacked in the face with a 2x4.

This has all gone away. I fall asleep no problem and stay asleep no problem. No more nightmares. Either good dreams or no dreams. I wake up feeling refreshed. And I'm able to FINALLY get into a relaxed state and shut my brain off.

This relaxed state is with me throughout the day as well. I have a sense of calmness over me constantly now. This is a huge deal for me. I was never someone who gets mad and/or if I do no one ever knows but I had this aggressive feeling in me like everything I did needed to be done with the intensity of war. All that's gone.

Another thing too is my libido. It's even higher than before. I have no idea how this is even possible because it was so high before I thought I had a problem lol. Lucky for me I have some cool girl friends who help me out with this so all is well!

So far so good.

Nice, exactly identical so far on my experiences brother. Im going to make a post on half lives of drugs and how over loooong periods of times our levels keep climbing and climbing. IMO, we get too saturated and full of hormones and this affects us overall.
I found that even after 10-12 weeks, i will just stop pinning for 10-14 days, and i feel better, then start again.
I think this may be part of what happens on long duration cycles.
Im stoked for your continued journey.
I have some posts on anxiety etc, that only affects me after awhile on, i stop and am a zen guy, have more focused feelings etc. MY sex drive skyrockets until about 4-6 weeks completely off after tapering, then i begin to slow down.
Again, i feel it is because the hormone oversaturation is reducing and taking us into that good , perfect zone and then we drop below that as half lives diminish and exit the body. That is when i will use a bit of HCG, to keep me performing, yet still clearing out the body and organs resting etc benefits.
I wont over comment too much on your log, i just get excited for you and to hear the exact same journey so far.
We all hear so much about staying on etc, i tried hard to make that work for me, and never had success long term, so i do this instead.

I appreciate the post brother. And post as much as you want here man no problem at all. I want to hear your side of things too and see if we can't even make this a team effort in maybe educating some folks.

Ive decided to use this process to give my whole entire body a break. Im feeling so good right now mentally and physically why not just give everything a rest. Ive lowered my food intake compared to when I was at full steam ahead as well as my workout volume and intensity. I was having some issues with my shoulders, hips, scapula and quads. No injuries just little aches and pains from overuse.

Ive noticed some of that fullness you see when on cycle has disappeared and Im actually quite impressed with what I see underneath after all the work I put in. There a lot of good quality muscle sitting there right now. I havent lost any strength which impresses me. Im still able to lift the exact same weight on the exercises I am still doing.

Sleep is still great, getting even better still actually. My guts have never been better. Ive never had any massive issue with my guts other than the severe case of GERD I had the last time I ran Tren which was years ago now but, they just function better now. I was getting lots of bloat and everything that comes a long with eating more food than we as human should really be eating, lets be honest.

I feel much more focused now as well. No more racing, rapid thoughts.

Monday I drop to 100mg of Test for two weeks then we're done for a bit!

A few more days left until 1 week left before I go off completely.

Feeling very good still in all aspects. I've changed my diet completely. I'm eating about 50% of the food I was eating before and I've switch from a bodybuilding focused diet to a much more health focus diet. I haven't lost any muscle but have lost some fat and there wasn't much fat to begin with so I'm looking pretty good. I've actually gained strength though, I assume from the very low volume I'm training with. I might keep this approach going forward.

My libido has dropped significantly BUT, performance is still the same, no issue whatsoever. I don't think about it much but, when the time comes to get down its good to go as it always was. This is actually a huge relief as I find my life isn't solely based around sex any more.

All in all no complains or issues so far.

I should also mention I have switched to a pull, pull, legs set up for my training.

Last edited: