Not that it matters, but

animal-inside

Trusted Member
Do you find being a larger male that you very very rarely ever hear someone's true opinion of you?

I find so many people agree with me openly on many thing, but I know they don't actually agree with me

I understand that for the most part people never really express their true opinion of other people to their face, but I think the average person has a better understanding of people's opion than the typical alpha male type man.

It bothers me a bit when I know people change their opinions around me. Then they are pissy about it and they make me out to be the dickhead behind your back, when all it takes is someone to just speak up to me and it's nearly always a pleasant conversation with opinions shared and discussed.

I don't know. I'm still trying to become larger than average.....

Lol people definitely do treat you differently.
I find when I meet new people they tend to assume I'm a hammerhead... I notice they will often dumb down sentences, or use smaller words. Hahaha.. . Until they get to know me. But that seems to be the first impression people tend to have.

People definitely shy away from confrontation from more muscular men. I beilive. Unless you are at some bar with a younger crowd. I don't go to those anymore. Maybe about 10 years ago.
I found there were always a few looking for a fight with one of the bigger guys.
You could always tell they were drunken fools and no threat. Usually the guys that pick fights for no reason are never a serious threat. So you just start acting super crazy mad... they always walk away.

I think there are pros and cons with how people treat you.
The big advantage. If you work trades or construction. You tend to do better. I think managers and supervisors, see you as able to do more physical work and assume you work harder.
At least those have been my experiences.

When it comes to woman... they seem to either love it or hate it...

Interesting question and not sure cause in general I don't care about people's opinion of me. They either like me or dislike me and if they don't (and there are lots that don't), it is their problem unless I wronged them and I don't wrong people unless they deserve it.
In real life I am opinionated and always speak my mind but I am open to and respect other's opinions. I know some people will take shots at me behind my back but that just shows their immaturity and cowardice. Not sure what they say cause I don't care.

Not trying to sound like a sociopath as I have empathy and in general treat people with respect if it is reciprocated but I will never give anyone time in my head who doesn't deserve it - life is too short. I don't have much room to spare anyway.

Do you find being a larger male that you very very rarely ever hear someone's true opinion of you?

I find so many people agree with me openly on many thing, but I know they don't actually agree with me

I understand that for the most part people never really express their true opinion of other people to their face, but I think the average person has a better understanding of people's opion than the typical alpha male type man.

It bothers me a bit when I know people change their opinions around me. Then they are pissy about it and they make me out to be the dickhead behind your back, when all it takes is someone to just speak up to me and it's nearly always a pleasant conversation with opinions shared and discussed.
Why do anyone else’s opinions matter ? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Opinions are like assholes, everyone’s got one and they all stink.

Interesting question and not sure cause in general I don't care about people's opinion of me. They either like me or dislike me and if they don't (and there are lots that don't), it is their problem unless I wronged them and I don't wrong people unless they deserve it.
In real life I am opinionated and always speak my mind but Not trying to sound like a sociopath as I have empathy and in general treat people with respect if it is reciprocated but I will never give anyone time in my head who doesn't deserve it - life is too short. I don't have much room to spare anyway.

Why do anyone else’s opinions matter ? 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

Opinions are like assholes, everyone’s got one and they all stink.
It's not that their opinion of me matters, its more that someone can be around you, talk to you and present themselves to you in one way but in reality, they are not that person, they don't hold the opinion of you that they present etc..

I'm pretty sure the majority of people I work with and in my personal life would be able to tell you my opinion of them and what we agree and disagee on. I'm not an asshole, but I think the right thing to do is tell someone you diagree when you do.. The right thing to do is if you have an issue with someone is to tell them in a proper way.

I understand sometimes you can't do this. I can not disclose my true opinion to my clientel at work in the same way a car dealership can't tell a customer they dislike them. But this isn't the type of relationships I'm talking about.

In real life I am opinionated and always speak my mind but I am open to and respect other's opinions. I know some people will take shots at me behind my back but that just shows their immaturity and cowardice. Not sure what they say cause I don't care.

Not trying to sound like a sociopath as I have empathy and in general treat people with respect if it is reciprocated but I will never give anyone time in my head who doesn't deserve it - life is too short. I don't have much room to spare anyway.

That's what I'm saying lol.. I'm ok with someone who doesn't like me. As long as I am living to the morals I personally believe in, if they don't like that then I'm fine with that. Just don't pretend that you do and hide that you don't agree with me or like me.

I work with a few people that I dislike, don't respect or don't agree with.. They know this, but we still work together just fine because I'm honest with them. On the other hand, I work with a few people who do not like me, agree with me or respect me.. Yet they hide it.. And this is what causes issues. That bullshit of not being honest with the peron causes more issues then there would if people were just firggin honest.

Hell I've changed a co workers tire that I usually agree with on most things we discuss.. It's not that I hate the person so I am not going to hold it against them. But since I've been honest with them we can continue to work together without issues. If I wasn't honest with that person and saw them struggle with a flat, most people think "fuck that person.. I can't stand being around them and listen to their opinions.. Im not helping them"..

Not too sure whether people are honest around me, but I feel size does make a difference in how people approach you.

On the couple occasions where I've had an incident on the road and the guy in the other car stops, jumps out his car and rushes my car aggressively ... It all changes as soon as i get out the car - he loses that energy ;)

I definitely started getting treated different after i got big.
Co-workers and such, my boss, etc.
Guys always make comments like “you dont want to piss that guy off” and say i am intimidating. I say like the fuck, you havent even ever heard me raise my voice! Well, some have i guess. I have a bad temper at times, but usually not directed towards anyone else. Maybe doing a shitty job and its going wrong so lose it for a minute, kick the shit out of my own personal tool box or something. Lol.
But i dont throw my weight around on purpose. Never have tried to use my size to get what i want around my peers.
But in a supervisor role it has its advantages. I just have to ask nicely what i expect from my workers and they dont argue. Haha

This is a really interesting topic. At a little over 6', I feel there is a lot of difference between the way people have communicated with me throughout my life than with others. Good and bad.

Although I think this is pronounced with larger people, but I think it happens to most people.. People can't just be honest with each other.. And they change the way they are around certain people they don't like or don't agree with.

Im decently big but not huge. Was bigger a few years ago and i get treated with respect. Im sure a lot of those guys are talking shit about steroids behind my back but nobody disrespects me to my face. If they did they know im going to call them on it.
Its all about your personality, if people think they can get away with shit with you, they will do it

I am generally pleasant as all fuck IRL and talkative if I have something to say. Sometimes when I've first met people something tells me to be quiet for whatever reason. Seems like 9/10 of those times the people I just met come away with the impression that I'm angry and stupid. Cracks me up.
I have a bad case of resting asshole face which never helps.