Not sure if password reset button is working...

Bignate

Big Doc on Campus
Trusted Member
I'm back. After an unintentional hiatus where I had to deal with a death in the family shortly before christmas, and then Christmas and new years. Very busy time, especially with the events that took place.

Anywho, I seemed to have forgotten my password, so I figured I'd try to reset it. Must have done the "forgot your password" thing 10 times or so over a couple days, and had still not received the reset link. Managed to guess it after way more attempts than I figured the site would allow for, and this brought two things to my attention:

1. Is the "reset password" button working? Emails do not seem to come through. Not spam, not inbox, nowhere; even after several attempts.

2. Is there a "lock out" safety feature on here for X number of incorrect password attempts? I tried 8+ times and was never locked out.

Just wanted to bring these to everyone's attention and maybe we could look into a resolution.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, new years, and got to celebrate with family and friends the way it should be.

Hi Bignate

Welcome back!

I'm sorry to hear about your recent loss in the family.

Thank you for letting us know about the password concerns. I can't advise on the specifics at this time but I know Taureau always wants to know about these type of concerns and takes this site's security very seriously so I'm sure he will look into it or advise as needed.

Thank you & take care,

OD

I'm back. After an unintentional hiatus where I had to deal with a death in the family shortly before christmas, and then Christmas and new years. Very busy time, especially with the events that took place.

Anywho, I seemed to have forgotten my password, so I figured I'd try to reset it. Must have done the "forgot your password" thing 10 times or so over a couple days, and had still not received the reset link. Managed to guess it after way more attempts than I figured the site would allow for, and this brought two things to my attention:

1. Is the "reset password" button working? Emails do not seem to come through. Not spam, not inbox, nowhere; even after several attempts.

2. Is there a "lock out" safety feature on here for X number of incorrect password attempts? I tried 8+ times and was never locked out.

Just wanted to bring these to everyone's attention and maybe we could look into a resolution.

Hope everyone had a great Christmas, new years, and got to celebrate with family and friends the way it should be.

thank you for bringing it to my attention
I will look into it

Hi Bignate

Welcome back!

I'm sorry to hear about your recent loss in the family.

Thank you for letting us know about the password concerns. I can't advise on the specifics at this time but I know Taureau always wants to know about these type of concerns and takes this site's security very seriously so I'm sure he will look into it or advise as needed.

Thank you & take care,

OD

Thanks my man. And appreciate the welcoming back and condolences. You guys are family to me, I hated being away haha.

Taureau is the man; I'm sure he'll get it taken care of.