Good job on stopping smoking. Cardio has always helped me stop but tobacco has been something I go on and off depending on what’s going on in my life.

Watch out for that back. You’re doing great by not going too heavy. My ego caused lots of injuries and set me back many times to a point where I just gave up on everything. Gradually increasing and assessing comfort and pain is the way to go. Also, warm up your muscles fully and do not rush training due to time contraints.

You lucked out on the trt nicely. Some people go through too much BS until they can get a script.

Good job on stopping smoking. Cardio has always helped me stop but tobacco has been something I go on and off depending on what’s going on in my life.

Watch out for that back. You’re doing great by not going too heavy. My ego caused lots of injuries and set me back many times to a point where I just gave up on everything. Gradually increasing and assessing comfort and pain is the way to go. Also, warm up your muscles fully and do not rush training due to time contraints.

You lucked out on the trt nicely. Some people go through too much BS until they can get a script.
Thanks brother.

Just an update. My diet is always all over the place but now I'm 200lb and aiming for 2999 calories a day. I'm cutting back on carbs so I'm doing 200g of protein a day. 150g of carbs on rest days and 200g on workout days. Im still learning and researching fats so don't know what percentof my calories should be fats and what type of fats too eat but when I figure it out I'll update again.

I used to drive truck too, night shift too. I was packing chicken drumstick with 300gr of rice x 3 in tupperware. I was eating them cold. The trick is to cook your rice everyday and put it right in your tupperware so it doesn’t go in the fridge and the texture stays somewhat acceptable when eating cold
I used to do that. Wrap my food in tinfoil and put on engine and used tin tape to hold in place. Better than oven food.

Updated my routine. I have a new job which is worse then my last. Now I'm doing 15 hour days 5 to 6 days a week. It sucks serious ass but I had to take it for the extra money. Big problem is no time or energy to workout. So I have switched to supersetting all my exercises and just doing push-pull on day 1 and legs on day 2. Also 20 minute jog each workout day and a 3rd day throughout the week. It's not much but it's the best I can do for now. Happy lifting bros

Updated my routine. I have a new job which is worse then my last. Now I'm doing 15 hour days 5 to 6 days a week. It sucks serious ass but I had to take it for the extra money. Big problem is no time or energy to workout. So I have switched to supersetting all my exercises and just doing push-pull on day 1 and legs on day 2. Also 20 minute jog each workout day and a 3rd day throughout the week. It's not much but it's the best I can do for now. Happy lifting bros
Priorities get in the way.

As long as you keep yourself healthy and do some cardio, still eat good, then when you have time you can build some muscle.
But I know its going to sound strange to say this on a bodybuilding board, but having muscles isn't' everything. Having money and a good life is more important IMO. I sacrificed for almost 2 decades working 70+ hour weeks to get ahead and make money, and no way I could work out, but I still tried to eat decent, and work out a bit during the slow times. Now that I have gotten ahead, I now can train.

Priorities get in the way.

As long as you keep yourself healthy and do some cardio, still eat good, then when you have time you can build some muscle.
But I know its going to sound strange to say this on a bodybuilding board, but having muscles isn't' everything. Having money and a good life is more important IMO. I sacrificed for almost 2 decades working 70+ hour weeks to get ahead and make money, and no way I could work out, but I still tried to eat decent, and work out a bit during the slow times. Now that I have gotten ahead, I now can train.
Yea your right man. I was pretty down at first but the more settled I get the more I'll find time for things. I kind of like the new superset system I'm anxious to see what kind of results it'll yield

Common issue, I present the Dr G prescription for your future consideration, some have found it quite effective :

Twice a week or roughly E4D based on energy/recovery levels. One workout is "A" and the next is "B", alternate them.

The most important thing here may be to be very aware of CNS strain and recovery levels.

1. Hams- A, Seated. B, Lying. Reps 20/15/10/6
2. Squats- A & B 20/20/10/8/5
3. Choice of one* Pull - Wide grip Chins, Close grip Pullups, Cable or Barbell Row or Pulldowns 25/18/12/8/8 or maybe set a total rep target if choosing the bodyweight exercises. Alternate Lat width and thickness exercises between A & B
4. Incline or Flat Barbell 20/15/10/8/5. I strongly prefer Incline but can alternate if desired.
5. Deadlift Only A or B unless time between workouts has been longer than intended. 5 sets of 5 with increasing weight, towards last two sets being high intensity for example 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 455x5, 945x5

*On whichever day you do Deads you can do two pulling movements if recovery is on track. A 5/3/1 type of scheme could also be worked in for one of the powerlifts instead of the reps listed. I say only one at a time, for a month or two, out of concern for that recovery thing again. You can throw in a few pump sets for smaller bodyparts anytime you feel up to it as long as recovery is on track.

Warmup is important as always and is assumed. Do it to you comfort level but mainly focused within the first few sets. Use your jog as part of the warmup or on off days or same as you are now. First two sets have bodybuilding style applied, very controlled, especially slow negatives, lots of squeezing and mind muscle connection, accentuate the pump, real short rests, failure is not compulsory.

Third to fifth sets transition to strength focus - Beast mode time, crank up that belt and move some heavy fucking iron! The gloves are off! Don't be a fucking pussy, it's two fucking sets! My fucking grandma can blow out two fucking insane sets and she's been dead for twenty years! (Screaming like an asshole and slamming shit around are optional but should be filmed and posted to all available forms of social media if undertaken)

Common issue, I present the Dr G prescription for your future consideration, some have found it quite effective :

Twice a week or roughly E4D based on energy/recovery levels. One workout is "A" and the next is "B", alternate them.

The most important thing here may be to be very aware of CNS strain and recovery levels.

1. Hams- A, Seated. B, Lying. Reps 20/15/10/6
2. Squats- A & B 20/20/10/8/5
3. Choice of one* Pull - Wide grip Chins, Close grip Pullups, Cable or Barbell Row or Pulldowns 25/18/12/8/8 or maybe set a total rep target if choosing the bodyweight exercises. Alternate Lat width and thickness exercises between A & B
4. Incline or Flat Barbell 20/15/10/8/5. I strongly prefer Incline but can alternate if desired.
5. Deadlift Only A or B unless time between workouts has been longer than intended. 5 sets of 5 with increasing weight, towards last two sets being high intensity for example 135x5, 225x5, 315x5, 455x5, 945x5

*On whichever day you do Deads you can do two pulling movements if recovery is on track. A 5/3/1 type of scheme could also be worked in for one of the powerlifts instead of the reps listed. I say only one at a time, for a month or two, out of concern for that recovery thing again. You can throw in a few pump sets for smaller bodyparts anytime you feel up to it as long as recovery is on track.

Warmup is important as always and is assumed. Do it to you comfort level but mainly focused within the first few sets. Use your jog as part of the warmup or on off days or same as you are now. First two sets have bodybuilding style applied, very controlled, especially slow negatives, lots of squeezing and mind muscle connection, accentuate the pump, real short rests, failure is not compulsory.

Third to fifth sets transition to strength focus - Beast mode time, crank up that belt and move some heavy fucking iron! The gloves are off! Don't be a fucking pussy, it's two fucking sets! My fucking grandma can blow out two fucking insane sets and she's been dead for twenty years! (Screaming like an asshole and slamming shit around are optional but should be filmed and posted to all available forms of social media if undertaken)
Haha that's awesome I love that. I might actually incorporate a lot of that it's some pretty good ideas. Thanks man

Yea your right man. I was pretty down at first but the more settled I get the more I'll find time for things. I kind of like the new superset system I'm anxious to see what kind of results it'll yield
Just don’t start smoking again.

Update on my progress. I hit a new bench press pr yesterday 236 lb for 1 rep and 225lb for 2 and so. It's not huge but I'm happy with it, I don't go insane with gear I've really only done trt plus low dose primo, tried a few other things but always stopped early do to side effects. I've been lifting Solid for 3 years but into weights off and on for 5 ish years. Today I'm 203lb in 2015 I was 155lb. Happy with how it's going. My first bench press in 2017 was reps with 90lb lol

Update on my progress. I hit a new bench press pr yesterday 236 lb for 1 rep and 225lb for 2 and so. It's not huge but I'm happy with it, I don't go insane with gear I've really only done trt plus low dose primo, tried a few other things but always stopped early do to side effects. I've been lifting Solid for 3 years but into weights off and on for 5 ish years. Today I'm 203lb in 2015 I was 155lb. Happy with how it's going. My first bench press in 2017 was reps with 90lb lol
Good job. Similar story to myself. I remember loading 4 of them concrete plates on and started squatting. Thought i was an animal squatting 120..lol

Thanks boys, I haven't really gauged my strength just doing hypertrophy the last year but I think I might power lift for a few months hopefully to blast through some plateaus

Thanks boys, I haven't really gauged my strength just doing hypertrophy the last year but I think I might power lift for a few months hopefully to blast through some plateaus
5x5 style training really helped me get past my plateaus and build strength in a hurry.
Definitely goes hand in hand with hypertrophy too.
My numbers were very similar to yours starting out, my bench went up to 315 for reps in my first year.

5x5 style training really helped me get past my plateaus and build strength in a hurry.
Definitely goes hand in hand with hypertrophy too.
My numbers were very similar to yours starting out, my bench went up to 315 for reps in my first year.
Nice man I might go that route, I literally just switched it up yesterday and did my sets barbell flat bench 90lb x6 156lbx6, 196lbx5, 216x3, 226x2, 231x2, 236x1, 196x5, 176x6, 156x12, 156x8. Then inane dumbells 70lb x 10, 70lbx 8, 60lbx8, 40lbx12 I just picked random numbers and gave er

Last edited: