Monday chest
Tuesday back
Wednesday shoulders
Thursday legs
Friday arms

Updated. Will add weight routine soon

Aiming for 200 to 250 g of protein a day
150 to 400g of carbs depending if im working out or not

Supplements- protein powder, karbolyn,vitamin d, niacin, magnesium, tumeric sometimes

1 smoothie a day with 3/4 cup of blue berries, 3/4 cup of almond milk, 3/4 cup of Greek yogurt 0%, 3/4 cup of orange juice, half a chopped beet, 1 ovacodo, 1 banana,

Meals are usually breakfast 3 or 4 eggs, peamale bacon sweet potatos and flax bread

Roasted or fried chicken breast and sweet potatos or bismatti rice broccoli or asparagus

I keep to rice or sweet potatos bismatti rice, flax seed or sprouted grain bread some pastas and fruit for carbs

and a typical days protein from meals will be Peamale bacon, eggs chicken, salmon, ground beef preferably lean but not always and sometimes just fat dirty burgers to get in extra. A usual day I might have all of that so things I may be curious about is ground beef everyday and eggs everyday healthy and safe enough or no? You see these ridiculous studies suggesting one egg a week etc..lol

Testosterone cypionate still finding happy dose but so far week 3 and doing 2 weekly shots of 125mg hoping to up to at least 300 to 400mg per week. Will go as long on cycle as doc suggests for health without having too much trouble getting my natural test levels back. No a.i seems etc unless needed upon occurrence of side effects. Have deca too but being a newbie might just leave it out this cycle unless I'm feeling totally good on the test doses then might throw some in if so would be 50 to 200mg a week

Other substances
3 to 4 coffees a day
Adderall 20mg a day
Ativan as needed no more then .5mg a day
1 glass of red whine a day
Some days maybe a half pack of cigarettes some days none

Last edited:
Your meal is 1 smoothie?
You have a good base
Eat more , train harder , let the 250mg work
Smoothie is my breakfast and usually try to get some solid protein within an hour after or so. The training just switched to that for my winter work schedule I have less free time before it was one muscle group a day 5 days for full body two days off

Smoothie is my breakfast and usually try to get some solid protein within an hour after or so. The training just switched to that for my winter work schedule I have less free time before it was one muscle group a day 5 days for full body two days off
So breakfast and then 1 meal after and then?

So breakfast and then 1 meal after and then?
I dont have a specific time for meals I do aim for a smoothie, then breakfast lunch and dinner and through out the day I try to eat at least every two hours. I work 6 on 3 off and switch nights to days every week so my meal routines take a butt kicking and lots of times I'm not hungry I just try to force things down

I dont have a specific time for meals I do aim for a smoothie, then breakfast lunch and dinner and through out the day I try to eat at least every two hours. I work 6 on 3 off and switch nights to days every week so my meal routines take a butt kicking and lots of times I'm not hungry I just try to force things down
I drive trucks and heavy equipment too so I can't garentee I'll be having hot meals or anything during work

I drive trucks and heavy equipment too so I can't garentee I'll be having hot meals or anything during work
I used to drive truck too, night shift too. I was packing chicken drumstick with 300gr of rice x 3 in tupperware. I was eating them cold. The trick is to cook your rice everyday and put it right in your tupperware so it doesn’t go in the fridge and the texture stays somewhat acceptable when eating cold

@Jerbear Are you open to some suggestions about your split? If so what are your goals and what other activities do you pursue besides lifting?

@Jerbear Are you open to some suggestions about your split? If so what are your goals and what other activities do you pursue besides lifting?
Yea for sure brother definitely open to suggestions. My goals are probably to just keep gaining lean muscle. I'm not as hungry when on winter work scheduel because of all the coffee I drink so I was planning just lean gains for the winter otherwise I would be packing in as much carbs as I can to bulk up. I'm usually interested in martial arts just training not competing boxing traditional or muai tai and jujitsu or judo, until I broke my leg. Would go back but I just had a baby so I have a lot less time for hobbies I'm trying to squeeze in as much time as I can to training anything but the bare minimum which I'll never slack on is bodybuilding and cardio. I used to be way more into cardio but spent time bulking and got scared off of anything long and steady state started avoiding treadmills and just stuck with minimal bicycling. My goals are to get stronger, faster, and bigger anyway I can. If life factors change I adjust and go with the flow so when work slows down or the dojo opens back up I may pack in more sport and conditioning probably should I'm always out of breath now lol. That's a lot but I hope I answered your question in there. My split is sketchy because I just threw together something quick that I could get done in an hour a day and hit each muscle twice a week. I did 5x5s to get some more power and strength and also I don't have 3 hours a day to be doing sets on sets on sets with drop sets of super sets which I actually love and would do but life happens and duty calls

Yea for sure brother definitely open to suggestions. My goals are probably to just keep gaining lean muscle. I'm not as hungry when on winter work scheduel because of all the coffee I drink so I was planning just lean gains for the winter otherwise I would be packing in as much carbs as I can to bulk up. I'm usually interested in martial arts just training not competing boxing traditional or muai tai and jujitsu or judo, until I broke my leg. Would go back but I just had a baby so I have a lot less time for hobbies I'm trying to squeeze in as much time as I can to training anything but the bare minimum which I'll never slack on is bodybuilding and cardio. I used to be way more into cardio but spent time bulking and got scared off of anything long and steady state started avoiding treadmills and just stuck with minimal bicycling. My goals are to get stronger, faster, and bigger anyway I can. If life factors change I adjust and go with the flow so when work slows down or the dojo opens back up I may pack in more sport and conditioning probably should I'm always out of breath now lol. That's a lot but I hope I answered your question in there. My split is sketchy because I just threw together something quick that I could get done in an hour a day and hit each muscle twice a week. I did 5x5s to get some more power and strength and also I don't have 3 hours a day to be doing sets on sets on sets with drop sets of super sets which I actually love and would do but life happens and duty calls
I was thinking this split would be heavy barbel compound work followed by volume supersets isolating different muscles to finish off the workout.

I hope I'm not confusing u with my reply there all over the place not sure If I continue with one or start new replies but other then fitness my goals are life a honorable decent Christian lifestyle loving on my wife and son and doing good for the world. When I'm not smashing weights or with family I'm at my church working or volunteering and helping out recovering addicts I'm very experienced( in my opinion) in recovery and psychology and social psychology. I dont know if thats what u meant by goals other then lifting lol

Alrighty then. I had forgotten that you went over this in another thread so I went and reread that too. I recognize you concern for time spent at the gym. All of what I'm gonna say here is my opinion and experience, how you apply it or do not is very individual.

I'll reply here strictly about the training.
Two concerns once I read the first post, they are tied together within a certain philosophy.

First one is that it appears to be a mix of at least two different philosophies or approaches.
"You Can Not Serve Two Masters" There have been some clever quotes over the years that express that opinion and deservedly so. Bodybuilding wise you'll most often hear something along those lines when people are talking about trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. Now I'm not trying to say that there are not exceptions but that saying is true for the most part because the chances of significant success are much better when you focus on one thing rather than multiple.
Certainly maintaining the cardio aspect is something that should never be minimized. Lifting wise I think you should pick one path, at least for a few months. I'd say go heavy and intense, lower rep ranges like the 5x5 you seem to enjoy. That means dropping the supersets and drop sets for a while. One exception you could leave in would be a non failing, medium intensity, roughly 30 rep pump set as the last set on the bigger bodyparts.

The second part is the way your split is setup. I believe you need to modify it to get better recovery and grow as well as avoid injury. especially if you train the way I've suggested above you need more time off before hitting the same bodypart again.
I'm going to be vague here and generalize, you'll need to fine tune or discuss it more.
I'd suggest something like this:

Day 1 Push
5x5 flat bench of ur choice with set of med intensity pump curls between the first warmup sets (3-4 sets)
5x5 incl. bench
2 sets side laters 10-12
3 heavy sets Shoulder Press 7-10
2 heavy sets Overhead triceps
2 heavy sets other triceps

Day 2 Legs
4 sets pyramid hams 12, 10, 8, 6
3 sets ext 10-20
6 sets skwatz 20-6 or straight sets of ur choice
2 seated and 2 standing calves
Bike at least 10 mins up to 20, low resistance

Day 2A - optional off day

Day 3 Pull*
2 sets Pullovers or straight arm pulldowns 10-12 reps with med intensity triceps in between, same idea as bi's on day 1
4 sets Wide grip chins or pulldowns Heavy, your choice of pyramid or straight sets
4 sets row same deal as chins
4 sets Shrugs, same deal*
3 sets Rear delts hi or low reps ( see john meadows vids)
3 sets Reverse curls or hammer curls 12-15 reps ish

Day 4- OFF or Legs

*Deadlifts every second time through this wave on either day 2 or 3, drop the shrugs if Day 3

Easy to skip weekends or an extra day rest if you need to, just keep rolling through these days

Like I said that's very rough, only trying to give you an idea of the flavour of this approach

Alrighty then. I had forgotten that you went over this in another thread so I went and reread that too. I recognize you concern for time spent at the gym. All of what I'm gonna say here is my opinion and experience, how you apply it or do not is very individual.

I'll reply here strictly about the training.
Two concerns once I read the first post, they are tied together within a certain philosophy.

First one is that it appears to be a mix of at least two different philosophies or approaches.
"You Can Not Serve Two Masters" There have been some clever quotes over the years that express that opinion and deservedly so. Bodybuilding wise you'll most often hear something along those lines when people are talking about trying to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. Now I'm not trying to say that there are not exceptions but that saying is true for the most part because the chances of significant success are much better when you focus on one thing rather than multiple.
Certainly maintaining the cardio aspect is something that should never be minimized. Lifting wise I think you should pick one path, at least for a few months. I'd say go heavy and intense, lower rep ranges like the 5x5 you seem to enjoy. That means dropping the supersets and drop sets for a while. One exception you could leave in would be a non failing, medium intensity, roughly 30 rep pump set as the last set on the bigger bodyparts.

The second part is the way your split is setup. I believe you need to modify it to get better recovery and grow as well as avoid injury. especially if you train the way I've suggested above you need more time off before hitting the same bodypart again.
I'm going to be vague here and generalize, you'll need to fine tune or discuss it more.
I'd suggest something like this:

Day 1 Push
5x5 flat bench of ur choice with set of med intensity pump curls between the first warmup sets (3-4 sets)
5x5 incl. bench
2 sets side laters 10-12
3 heavy sets Shoulder Press 7-10
2 heavy sets Overhead triceps
2 heavy sets other triceps

Day 2 Legs
4 sets pyramid hams 12, 10, 8, 6
3 sets ext 10-20
6 sets skwatz 20-6 or straight sets of ur choice
2 seated and 2 standing calves
Bike at least 10 mins up to 20, low resistance

Day 2A - optional off day

Day 3 Pull*
2 sets Pullovers or straight arm pulldowns 10-12 reps with med intensity triceps in between, same idea as bi's on day 1
4 sets Wide grip chins or pulldowns Heavy, your choice of pyramid or straight sets
4 sets row same deal as chins
4 sets Shrugs, same deal*
3 sets Rear delts hi or low reps ( see john meadows vids)
3 sets Reverse curls or hammer curls 12-15 reps ish

Day 4- OFF or Legs

*Deadlifts every second time through this wave on either day 2 or 3, drop the shrugs if Day 3

Easy to skip weekends or an extra day rest if you need to, just keep rolling through these days

Like I said that's very rough, only trying to give you an idea of the flavour of this approach
Thanks a lot man i appreciate the advice and probably will give it a try and see how it feels. I do like to switch it up a lot so I don't become complacent I know my split is a bit sketchy and off I don't remember how I came up with it and yea eventually I added or changed a couple things to prioritize some of my week points. I will check Tha out for sure though and yea with back and chest on different days I was wondering how or where I could throw pullovers in. Also the thing is this is designed around equipment I have at home but I think I can still hit pretty much everything u mentioned

I type so damn slow so I stopped there so as we'd not be up all night.

That setup gives time between bodyparts and lets some of the smaller muscles like arms and shoulders get hit with a touch more frequency. The Bi's on push and tri's on pull days are more about recovering from the previous workout than trying to build that day. It's very important to giver full balls to the wall intensity on the compound lifts so that you "deserve" all that recovery time.

All those workouts can be done in under an hour if you move fast during the warmups and take up to 3 mins between the heavy sets. Listed sets do not include warm ups but frankly there should not be much need for extensive warmups after the first one or two exercises.

It's late and I'm burnt out from night shifts but I'll look more at that routine tomorrow and trap to wrap my head around it but yea like I said I just threw this together quick without any science behind it so I'm definitely will to try new things and get some structure