New to this fourm. Got some questions.

SlowTony

Hey im from ontario and recently I suffered a knee injury of a meniscus tear. Due to this hindering my mobility, ive lost a significant portion of muscles in my leg and i was wondering what anabolic would be and ideal fir for speeding up something like this on a short term cycle. My tear is much better but due to there not bekng much muscle, if I work out too hard it’ll tear again. A friend of mine recommended oxandrolone but im not too sure of the efficacy for my purpose. If anyone could dm me that would be much appreciated.

I have a torn acl and meniscus in my right knee from a sport injury many years ago
Building the quad helps stabilize the knee , as I never got surgery but I also stopped playing sports as the side to side movement is the issue.. doing legs up and down to build the muscle will help

this has nothing to do with steroids it is purely a training thing

Hey im from ontario and recently I suffered a knee injury of a meniscus tear. Due to this hindering my mobility, ive lost a significant portion of muscles in my leg and i was wondering what anabolic would be and ideal fir for speeding up something like this on a short term cycle. My tear is much better but due to there not bekng much muscle, if I work out too hard it’ll tear again. A friend of mine recommended oxandrolone but im not too sure of the efficacy for my purpose. If anyone could dm me that would be much appreciated.
Depending on how bad the tear is, more so - where it is located…. A meniscus tear will not heal on its own.

you need it looked at and probably (hopefully) repaired, unless it is a fairly minor tear in the part of the meniscus that has decent blood flow.

if this is the case, no anabolic will assist it.

Depending on how bad the tear is, more so - where it is located…. A meniscus tear will not heal on its own.

you need it looked at and probably (hopefully) repaired, unless it is a fairly minor tear in the part of the meniscus that has decent blood flow.

if this is the case, no anabolic will assist it.
Menuscus healed actually. Just now my legs and joints are always in pain and it’s extremely difficult to rebuild the amount of muscle i had before and rn there is little no no miscle on my legs.

Not trying to be a dick but most of us here have had surgeries where our muscles atrophied and we had to rebuild but that “rebuilding” comes quick due to muscle memory. That shit is faster than steroids. Believe in muscle memory. Don’t give up. Eat and train hard, it will come back quick.

If you juice and try to “rebuild” as you say, you’re going to end up overloading tendons and ligaments prematurely and end up at a worst state than what you started with.

The legs can take a beating. Multiple training sessions a week type of beating.

Menuscus healed actually. Just now my legs and joints are always in pain and it’s extremely difficult to rebuild the amount of muscle i had before and rn there is little no no miscle on my legs.
I’ve had two major knee surgeries and should have had a third but said no more rehab.

I had open surgery done on my right knee which was reconstructed. I had my acl and meniscus repaired on my left knee via a scope (terrible triad- acl, mcl and meniscus torn).

I have grade 3-4 Chondromalacia in both knees.

I have knee pain every single day.

you find a way. Or you don’t.

there’s things that help tremendously.

I find a good hot analgesic rub before training with a light wrap makes a huge difference. The wrap is to keep the joint warm, youre not cranking the wraps or using a heavy sleeve for joint stability or a rebound out of the hole.

time under tension and/or higher reps and not big weight can build a good set of wheels as the legs can respond and many do better with higher reps for hypertrophy.

watch your form on your lifts. If you get out over your toes when squatting or even doing lunges it can hurt more

If your muscles have atrophied to the extent you are stating no steroid is really going to help at this time.

You need to build some muscle back before you start using steroids. It will come. Throwing steroids at it now isnt a good plan for longevity.

get on the bike!

I’ve had two major knee surgeries and should have had a third but said no more rehab.

I had open surgery done on my right knee which was reconstructed. I had my acl and meniscus repaired on my left knee via a scope (terrible triad- acl, mcl and meniscus torn).

I have grade 3-4 Chondromalacia in both knees.

I have knee pain every single day.

you find a way. Or you don’t.

there’s things that help tremendously.

I find a good hot analgesic rub before training with a light wrap makes a huge difference. The wrap is to keep the joint warm, youre not cranking the wraps or using a heavy sleeve for joint stability or a rebound out of the hole.

time under tension and/or higher reps and not big weight can build a good set of wheels as the legs can respond and many do better with higher reps for hypertrophy.

watch your form on your lifts. If you get out over your toes when squatting or even doing lunges it can hurt more

If your muscles have atrophied to the extent you are stating no steroid is really going to help at this time.

You need to build some muscle back before you start using steroids. It will come. Throwing steroids at it now isnt a good plan for longevity.

get on the bike!
can you squat or deadlifts? I'm getting up there and my knees are sore. I rotate leg presses, squats and smith machine squats with low weight. How did you injure them??

Yep on both exercises. My squats aren’t as deep as they once were…. And some days the knees are pretty angry. Deads are not an issue. I tried sumo style thinking that might be better - wear and tear wise. Nope! Not for this guy. If deads are a real issue but you still want to include them overall…. You can use a trap bar. Not the same as a dead. But better to be looking at it, than looking for it 😉

hockey times two. First when I was younger and competitive…. Second was whale shit fun league. I went one way, my knee went the other.

See if you can get a cortisone shot and then work the quad and stretch. That’s really the only solution to the problem. I’ve lived with it for 15 years now and although it gets better it never truly goes away

See if you can get a cortisone shot and then work the quad and stretch. That’s really the only solution to the problem. I’ve lived with it for 15 years now and although it gets better it never truly goes away
Cortisone can be a slippery slope and I’m not sure it would be abundantly helpful based on what the OP is describing.

Possibly? But to truly know, we would have to know what the actual source of his issue is. He noted a torn meniscus that led to loss of muscle tissue due to lack of training…. Which he says has resolved.

training properly should not put him at risk for a reoccurrence as there would usually be some trauma associated with a meniscus tear. Usually forceful twisting or rotation of the joint.

For me I found that the cortisone shot helped with any pain or inflammation of the tear and allowed me to recover from the initial injury quicker. Even after all these years, running flares up my knee and I can’t walk up the stairs for about 3 days.

He said his tear is healed and good. Cortisone would no doubt help with inflammation associated with trauma and anything inflammation wise that extends from there while rehabbing.

but cortisone is a band aid. So in the sense you mention. It’s great. Reduce inflammation while the healing process is completing etc.

However he’s describing ongoing or possibly new pain stemming from an injury that has healed. So cortisone might not be overly helpful. If it is…. One would ask…. What’s still going on to cause the ongoing inflammation? In that case, he should go back to my initial post and seek a proper diagnosis for the ongoing issue. It probably isn’t the meniscus.

He said his tear is healed and good. Cortisone would no doubt help with inflammation associated with trauma and anything inflammation wise that extends from there while rehabbing.

but cortisone is a band aid. So in the sense you mention. It’s great. Reduce inflammation while the healing process is completing etc.

However he’s describing ongoing or possibly new pain stemming from an injury that has healed. So cortisone might not be overly helpful. If it is…. One would ask…. What’s still going on to cause the ongoing inflammation? In that case, he should go back to my initial post and seek a proper diagnosis for the ongoing issue. It probably isn’t the meniscus.
True. If anything at this point he should go to a sports therapist or his GP to have things looked at and see if there is anything outstanding causing such pain