New evidence that steroid injections of hip and knee may damage joints

I’ve been aware of this for some time. It was known as my mother had knowledge about the issue since she was well versed with medical related things that surrounded her own injuries.

When I was very young around the age of 12, my left knee was hurting and some piece of shit doctor whose first question was asking my mother what her background was injected me once in the knee and asked me to return for 2 more injections. I did not return. Consequently, throughout years of playing competitive sports at first at age 17 I had major cartilage wear and tear on my left knee. I’m glad something solid surfaced.

I mean seriously, wtf difference does it make what someone’s background is? We’re all Canadian and if you’re butt hurt about history, then go back to your homeland and cry about it. Sorry for the rant. I’ve seen too much bullshit in my life and just can’t tolerate backwards minded Neanderthals.

I wonder if they took into account what other stuff was in the syringe? Which local anesthetic ? I believe Bupivacaine is suspect(?). Which dyes and other agents?

These points may not have been addressed but this study is just validating many before it. I will search for some stuff later.

Good to know. I’ve had a few. Not sure if I’ll get more now...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had two hip injections over the years and the first one worked well, however the second one didn’t work at all. Maybe injection was done incorrectly, but i won’t be getting any more done. Interesting article all the same @Bagua
Hip replacement is next for me but thankfully condition has been stable for a number of years now thanks to biologic medication.

Kind of off topic but do any solvents/additives in gear, have a negative impact on joints/muscle tissue?

I was kind of thinking about this when I saw pictures of some old bodybuilders and they have a very weird but distinctive look to their muscles now

some people are Ronnie coleman/Dave palumbo
Randomly just saw a picture of Pj Braun and he had the same look.
I know both Ronnie and Dave had bad joint issues too

was curious if certain injection ingredients played a part? (Synthol/EO/guaiacol)?

Kind of off topic but do any solvents/additives in gear, have a negative impact on joints/muscle tissue?

I was kind of thinking about this when I saw pictures of some old bodybuilders and they have a very weird but distinctive look to their muscles now

was curious if certain injection ingredients played a part? (Synthol/EO/guaiacol)?
My thought to the whole their muscles look weird thing is:

When they train hard and heavy the joints and bones increase in size, specifically joints and tendon attachments (if not then joints would fail, or tendon attachments would tear). Now as we all know that takes years to happen.

So when the muscle drastically shrinks over a matter of a few years, the huge joints and huge tendon attachments are still there. I have many theories on that, like it takes 10 years for the skeletal structure to remodel itself, and with items such as growth hormone, igf1 maybe some of those changes are permanent.

I think that's why the triceps look so horrible. The elbow joint is still huge, but the muscle is gone. Same with things like the ribcage. It grew to handle the load, but the muscle is gone so it looks very funny.

Not really answering your question directly but here is what I was referring to earlier in the thread. To your question more directly, well it could be sooo many things and a combination of them, pretty tough to sort through the polypharmacy let alone factors like what @Sorbate just mentioned

My thought to the whole their muscles look weird thing is:

When they train hard and heavy the joints and bones increase in size, specifically joints and tendon attachments (if not then joints would fail, or tendon attachments would tear). Now as we all know that takes years to happen.

So when the muscle drastically shrinks over a matter of a few years, the huge joints and huge tendon attachments are still there. I have many theories on that, like it takes 10 years for the skeletal structure to remodel itself, and with items such as growth hormone, igf1 maybe some of those changes are permanent.

I think that's why the triceps look so horrible. The elbow joint is still huge, but the muscle is gone. Same with things like the ribcage. It grew to handle the load, but the muscle is gone so it looks very funny.
I noticed its only some bodybuilders that have this issue, maybe it’s just those that lifted super heavy?