Nerve damage

Tcr1

Trusted Member
Hi guys. Weird question for you. Woke up a month ago to a hand the was numb. Progressive got worse to where I have no function of my hand anymore. Of course my dominant hand. Have had ct scan. Mri. Swollen nerve root in the c2-c7 vertebrae. Dr says no treatment. Time. Last one was 8 months but I could work then. Actually did test and deca. Nerve healed . Can’t do shit now. Sit on ass and watch it snow. Anybody have something similar happen. Thinking of deca again and physio. Starting to loose muscle in my forearm as it’s hard to activate those muscles
God damn weird it is. Oh ya. I have no pain this tim

Massage therapy instead of physio. You could have a trapped nerve in your back which pulls at the nerve root and causes inflimation at the root. I had a similar issue, but didn’t loose control of my hand, but had massive pain and my hand would shake and my left tricep shrank.

I suffered bad nerve damage a few years ago on my left side. It basically took my whole left pec. It took about a year and a half to get my left pec back to the same size as the right side. I didnt miss a workout tho.
I did do physio, chiro and massage. I threw everything at that mother fucker but time was the key i guess

I tried massage therapy. Didn’t seem to do anything. Yes the nerve root is inflamed causing mobility issues with my hand. Ya. I have no pain not this time. Definitely have to try something. Maybe find another therapist. But this shit is driving me crazy. Trying to be a lefty when you are not. Thanks for a response.

Time. That’s what the doctor said. I can’t do nothing though. I’m thinking same thing. Try everything something has to work. Can’t make it worse. Only have one working hand now. Could be a long winter.

I tried massage therapy. Didn’t seem to do anything. Yes the nerve root is inflamed causing mobility issues with my hand. Ya. I have no pain not this time. Definitely have to try something. Maybe find another therapist. But this shit is driving me crazy. Trying to be a lefty when you are not. Thanks for a response.
Good physio + good massage therapist.... a good quality sports therapist, non of this lovey dovey essential oil relaxing music crap...

Tried how many times? Massage therapy is a multiple time therapy. Plus you need one that runs the length of the muscle and is good enough to read the muscle to know how much to hurt you, lol. I had to go once a week for 3 months, then every 2 weeks for 6 months and now every month as maintenance. Yes expensive, but I am completely pain free with a great range of motion.

Also like with mine, when the nerve is trapped in a very tight bundle of muscle, since it cannot move properly is get pulled at the nerve root and causes damage. That happened to me also. You are lucky you don’t have pain. Nerve pain is the worst.

Also like with mine, when the nerve is trapped in a very tight bundle of muscle, since it cannot move properly is get pulled at the nerve root and causes damage. That happened to me also. You are lucky you don’t have pain. Nerve pain is the worst.
yep. When mine happened i had pain rotating from my trap rear delt. triceps and forearm. Sucked hard. Alot of sleepless nights. The only spot that didnt have pain was my pec, which is where it completely atrophied

yep. When mine happened i had pain rotating from my trap rear delt. triceps and forearm. Sucked hard. Alot of sleepless nights. The only spot that didnt have pain was my pec, which is where it completely atrophied
Mine was in my middle trap like between the shoulder blades, that’s where the actual lumps of knots were. I had like 5.
My tri used to bounce on its own. My neck felt like it was grating bone on bone. Felt like someone stabbed my forearm
You are so lucky it went away on its own. I don’t think mine would have. I had 4 months of unbearable pain. I couldn’t sleep for more than 30 minutes it would be unbearable. No position was pain free. Driving a car was horrible. I could never get my left arm in a position to stop the pain. Eventually I started abusing opoids I got from a friend because the doctor didn’t do much.
‘Truthfully I thought if this was my life from now on, why bother?

Thank god I went into the girl next door.
It has now been 2 years pretty much pain free. Honestly she saved my life.

I bet our jobs have something to do with these issues. Heavy lifting and head bent over position, working hard and getting fatigued then the muscle tighten. Thats weird your pec shrank. My left tri is still smaller.

Good physio + good massage therapist.... a good quality sports therapist, non of this lovey dovey essential oil relaxing music crap...
This. We are involved in a very physical and very taxing to our body endeavour. It's paramount you ensure to get as much self-care as possible.

Physio and Massage have been crucial to my well being.

What's the point of looking good if you don't feel good or if all that strength isn't functional?

I woukd probably look at your b12 levels and keep them optimized , and add in folic acid to allow more b12 to get into the cells to help oit your nerve damage.

Also im not to sure how well bpc 157 work for nerve issues maybe more could comment but its worth a shot.

Thanks guys. Still doing the massage therapy. I had a lot of pain for a very long time last time I had damage in the nerves. Just weird this time with no pain and no use of a right hand. I’m willing to try anything. I’ll check out the b12 and folic acid. Can’t hurt trying. Might try chiro just haven’t had good luck with them in the past.

I had the same thing happen twenty or so years ago. I lost total control of my left hand and forearm from a work injury. The areas involved were simply numb and tingly. My Doc felt there wasn't much I could do but wait it out. So I taped light weights to my left hand and went through all the motions of weight training and punching in shadow boxing. I slowly added weight to the movements as my grip came back and contact with my punches on the bag and Mook Jong. Did I mention it hurt quite a bit when I initially pinched the nerves, but the pain decreased in a week or so?
Give or take eight weeks, I was back in the groove, but to this day, I can still bother the nerves if I'm not careful. They never did fully restore.
Good luck and be patient.

My sister had similar symptoms and was eventually diagnosed with chiari malformation, which is prevalent in about one percent of people.