My experience with prescribed Accutane

entropy

Trusted Member
About a decade ago I started getting pimples on my scalp. Uncontrollable kind. When you’re a baldy it stands out nicely and it hurt to put my head on a pillow too. Anyway, after seeing many doctors and being on doxycycline for 3 years, I was put on Accutane which worked amazingly. I was on it daily for about 6 years at 30-60mg depending on flare ups. Had to get blood work every month to see how the liver was doing. If I took a break for a week, it would come back with a vengeance. They call it folliculitis.

About 6 weeks ago, I decided to fight my enemy..... sugar. When you cut sugar from your diet, you’d be amazed at how you start to feel. Anyway, long story short, I stopped Accutane the same time I cleaned up my diet and my skin has been clear with zero flare ups.

I just wanted to share my experience. I do not know how the inflammation response works with sugars. A friend of my told me about candida recently and I will look into that and learn about it. If you guys know something please share, I’d be grateful to hear experiences.

Now I’m saving the prescriptions for a heavy cycle in the future. Although I do not know if it will be necessary.

My diet consists of beans, vegetables, CHEESE, lentils, yogurt, nuts, seeds, chicken, and steak. Olive oil for cooking and in salad (Greek). I think I will go on for a year with this and increase intake if I’m going to start building muscle. Don’t laugh but I do like a warm glass of milk if I can’t sleep ☺️ Haven’t used prescription meds to sleep for a long time thanks to this hahahah. I’m glad I got rid of that dependence too. Cannabis helped get rid of that more than milk but it started other problems so I had to break up with Marry Jane as well. It was a toxic relationship for me.

I hope this helps some people.

I know my diet still consists of sugars, my culprits were bread, pasta, rice, pop, and other junk food. No amount of PEDs help when you’re doing the eating wrong.

I'm battling my carb addiction at the moment. I never cut as I'm small and skinny enough as it its( 207lbs) but my insulin resistance is up so my carbs gotta come down. I hate it I'm fantasizing and day dreaming about cakes, and breads, and doritos...it's kinda ridiculous

I struggle with this, and wonder if there really is a correlation. How was it on your liver by the way?
Throughout all the years, only one time my liver enzymes were elevated and I think that was because I had taken Ritalin for three days straight before the test. But the doctor said it wouldn’t do it. She couldn’t explain it either. We did another test and the enzymes were normal. When I was young this happened time to time. Maybe it’s something with me internally. With the Accutane up to 60mg daily, I’ve been within the normal range.
I'm battling my carb addiction at the moment. I never cut as I'm small and skinny enough as it its( 207lbs) but my insulin resistance is up so my carbs gotta come down. I hate it I'm fantasizing and day dreaming about cakes, and breads, and doritos...it's kinda ridiculous
Why do you gotta day Doritos.... god dang it lol the cravings don’t go away that easily unless I’m fed. Still, the smell of bread alone just gets me salivating like a dope fiend. Was in a McDonald’s drive through to get a chicken salad and the smell of fries 🍟 OMG .... I was about to lose it. I couldn’t get the salad either, they said they don’t serve it anymore 🤔 I don’t know if that’s location dependent. Ended up with coffee instead. But yeah, I’m still craving and dreaming lol

Yea I crave mcdonslds all the time too. Then when I cave I eat twice as much tonight I have pizzas garlic fingers chips pop and chocolate bars lol totally caved guess it'll be a cheat day

About a decade ago I started getting pimples on my scalp. Uncontrollable kind. When you’re a baldy it stands out nicely and it hurt to put my head on a pillow too. Anyway, after seeing many doctors and being on doxycycline for 3 years, I was put on Accutane which worked amazingly. I was on it daily for about 6 years at 30-60mg depending on flare ups. Had to get blood work every month to see how the liver was doing. If I took a break for a week, it would come back with a vengeance. They call it folliculitis.

About 6 weeks ago, I decided to fight my enemy..... sugar. When you cut sugar from your diet, you’d be amazed at how you start to feel. Anyway, long story short, I stopped Accutane the same time I cleaned up my diet and my skin has been clear with zero flare ups.

I just wanted to share my experience. I do not know how the inflammation response works with sugars. A friend of my told me about candida recently and I will look into that and learn about it. If you guys know something please share, I’d be grateful to hear experiences.

Now I’m saving the prescriptions for a heavy cycle in the future. Although I do not know if it will be necessary.

My diet consists of beans, vegetables, CHEESE, lentils, yogurt, nuts, seeds, chicken, and steak. Olive oil for cooking and in salad (Greek). I think I will go on for a year with this and increase intake if I’m going to start building muscle. Don’t laugh but I do like a warm glass of milk if I can’t sleep ☺️ Haven’t used prescription meds to sleep for a long time thanks to this hahahah. I’m glad I got rid of that dependence too. Cannabis helped get rid of that more than milk but it started other problems so I had to break up with Marry Jane as well. It was a toxic relationship for me.

I hope this helps some people.

Total sugar elimination made me feel unbelievably better.. I preach it to anyone who will listen.
Take it up a notch and eleminate all your bad carbs.. What you consider bad carbs might be different than mine, but my carbs are berries, odd fruit, nuts.. I do eat a couple slices of "carbonaught" bread a day which is 6 grams fiber and 7 grams carbs.. so near 0 net carbs.. So much inflamation just went away over night.

best bread in the world

FYI, I know a few people who swear acutance is the nastiest thing for depression/suicide thoughts. Just met a first aid instructor the other day who swears her nephew killed himself due to acutane.

One thing you could consider doing is the first phase of the atkins diet. It's basically a proceudre to get your body over the intitial addiction to carbs (not just sugar). Buy the aitkins book if your interested..

I'm almost 3 years into to following a strict atkins diet.. damn near no carbs all day long, even on training days.. I never thought for one second in my life I could do strength training/body building and not eat carbs, but I went from 290 to 244lbs and still have lots of impressive lifts and zero steroid use.. Well I use 100mg a week prescription and about 2 sumemrs ago I bumped up my test a touch to 250 a week for a couple months.

It's possible, but not for everyone.

FYI, I know a few people who swear acutance is the nastiest thing for depression/suicide thoughts. Just met a first aid instructor the other day who swears her nephew killed himself due to acutane.
This might explain somethings that went wrong. Thank you.
One thing you could consider doing is the first phase of the atkins diet. It's basically a proceudre to get your body over the intitial addiction to carbs (not just sugar). Buy the aitkins book if your interested..

I'm almost 3 years into to following a strict atkins diet.. damn near no carbs all day long, even on training days.. I never thought for one second in my life I could do strength training/body building and not eat carbs, but I went from 290 to 244lbs and still have lots of impressive lifts and zero steroid use.. Well I use 100mg a week prescription and about 2 sumemrs ago I bumped up my test a touch to 250 a week for a couple months.

It's possible, but not for everyone.
Very impressive. You do not lack discipline. I dropped a little over 20 lbs in a month, my belly looked like I was carrying twins. My joints feel much better and I’m going to keep it up for another 20 lbs of loss. I might go for more but I’d like to experiment with a very long primo, npp, and test cycle in several months.

Very impressive. You do not lack discipline. I dropped a little over 20 lbs in a month, my belly looked like I was carrying twins. My joints feel much better and I’m going to keep it up for another 20 lbs of loss. I might go for more but I’d like to experiment with a very long primo, npp, and test cycle in several months.

Thanks. I find it easy to stay motivated when I see and feel results.. I felt so good cutting all that sugar and carbs out and getting on a high fat/ protien diet. I'm telling you, it felt so good physically and then I started to see changes in the mirror.. that helped too.

How tall are you?

Yea I crave mcdonslds all the time too. Then when I cave I eat twice as much tonight I have pizzas garlic fingers chips pop and chocolate bars lol totally caved guess it'll be a cheat day
This sounds like my daily diet, lol.

How tall are you?
Right? The man said skinny as it is at 207 lbs, I was like this man must be at least 6’2. I’m curious now too 😝
Thanks. I find it easy to stay motivated when I see and feel results.. I felt so good cutting all that sugar and carbs out and getting on a high fat/ protien diet. I'm telling you, it felt so good physically and then I started to see changes in the mirror.. that helped too.
I swear to god I feel the same way. That progress and the feeling just keeps you going.
Fuck, this explains my joint pain in the recent years with no lifting and it just got worse gradually, especially my old injuries. Joint supplements did help but didn’t keep up with it. Also, my vision kept getting worse every year. Recently went to the optometrist and I went from -1.00 to -2.00 in 5 years. Thanks a lot for the info.

Drastic carb reduction has really improved my health too, but I would advise avoiding the Candida quackery.
Still haven’t looked into it, thanks for letting me know. I won’t waste time reading about that bupkis.