My Dads is 64 (Clomid vs TRT for seniors)

Harley00

The Rebel
(Edit) this is for seniors thats never touched any hormone treatment in there life, and options

So my dad is 64 years old, he is on blood pressure meds for ever and ppi , for heartburn he has had since i was a kid.( iv recently got him off ppi and trying him on probiotics and dygestive enymes) also he has a stint put in his leg , from taking celocobix, its a cox - 2 inhibiter and he claims it was the cause of his blood clot . I dont have much more information then that at the moment we dont talk a whole lot.

He dose however always make full meals and is only roughly 180lbs , not over weight, no blood sugar problems known , use to be a logger for 40 years so had a good workout for majority of his life, till logging fell apart.

At 64 he is loosing his memory and energy, obviously this is standard as we age our hormones deplete, and things happen so iv written up some blood markers to check with his doctor, so let me no if iv missed anything, keep in mind he is a grumpy old fuck who rarely will try anything.

He hasnt done alot of blood work in his life so i have no idea what his blood work is gonna show.

Im gonna assume testosterone and all his other hormons are low pregnenolone/dhea thyroid etc etc so im currently looking at easy options for him to assist .

Iv listened to many podcasts with dr mark gordon on using, or trying clomid first to see how people respond to it, and a large percentage of the time clomid works well. Whats you thoughts on clomid over testosterone for seniors ( providing blood work shows its needed and other markers are good .

Hears the list i made, main issues are energy and brain memory loss, so pregnenolone/dhea/ thyroid ill be focusing on, if clomid is a easy alternative then maybe get him to try it.

Ac1
-Tsh
- ft4
-ft3
-reverse t3 if its available.
-Pregnenolone
-dhea
-Cortisol
-Egfr (kidneys)
- Cycstin c
-Psa( prostate)
-Homocysteine
- ast alt
-ggt
-Erp-crp
-B12
- full iron panel
- iron
-ferritin
-trans ferritin
-uibc
-tibc
-cbc full blood count
Hematocrit
Hemoglobin etc
Hormone panel.
-Total test
-Free test
-estrogen
- progestogen
- prolactin

- lh and fsh

You guys feel free to add anything or any podcasts or videos on this subject thnx.

Oh he is a truck driver now so the easiest option is better with him, very douptfull he will inject anything. This one reaaon i was thinking clomid

Of course i wanna tread as light as possible he is 64, so looking at easier options and maybe dr mark Gordon's pulsing clomid protocol, think thats 3 daYs a week of clomid or something like that, obviously observing and monitoring his lh etc and othee hormones.

Ill add that iv never came off ...opps so im unfamiliar with what a good lh blood marker should be,and what an optimized lh would look like.

What woukd be a good lh for anyone if taking clomid over trt, any professionals of older age know?

So, you've never done a pct? If not then you are not familiar with the joys of running clomid. For the majority of guys it's brutal. If he was considering anything of that sort I would recommend novladex. I was on Nolva for about 3 months (it was a long and desperate attempt to reboot my hpta, which never worked) but I felt good on a measly 20mg/day. I had a very good libido, energy, focus, mood, but I remained quite lean. I'm not sure of the long-term side effects, but women take it for years, and at much higher dosages.

If you're looking for lh stimulation, why not go with small amounts of HCG, which would still be a fuckload better than dealing with the side effects of clomid.

He could take a very low dose of test, which would have no sides, but provide a lot of benefit. Just a thought.

So, you've never done a pct? If not then you are not familiar with the joys of running clomid. For the majority of guys it's brutal. If he was considering anything of that sort I would recommend novladex. I was on Nolva for about 3 months (it was a long and desperate attempt to reboot my hpta, which never worked) but I felt good on a measly 20mg/day. I had a very good libido, energy, focus, mood, but I remained quite lean. I'm not sure of the long-term side effects, but women take it for years, and at much higher dosages.

If you're looking for lh stimulation, why not go with small amounts of HCG, which would still be a fuckload better than dealing with the side effects of clomid.

He could take a very low dose of test, which would have no sides, but provide a lot of benefit. Just a thought.
Thank you, no never pct, but iv been listening to alot of dr mark gordon, and his pulsing clomid protocols, he claims its great? Without the estrogen sides of hcg etc.( He says to try this first)

I have heard some say they had miserable sides from clomid, but thats also a pct protocol , 40mg a day etc for a few weeks then tampering down etc.

The pulsing is like 20mg to 30mg 3 times a week only or less, he was suggesting it has worked great with little to zero sides. (Again alot claim there are no sides, so i guess its individual.

Hcg couod be an option for him to , but may give him sides not sure.

Again we may not do noithing, im kinda just looking for him .

Would you have any idea what a good lh number would be ?

Thank you sir for droppin a few ideas appreciate it. Again he is 64, so trying the easiest options first, i mean tryimg clomid once or twice , i dont imagin would create to much issues, and wont shut anything down.

Thank you, no never pct, but iv been listening to alot of dr mark gordon, and his pulsing clomid protocols, he claims its great? Without the estrogen sides of hcg etc.( He says to try this first)

I have heard some say they had miserable sides from clomid, but thats also a pct protocol , 40mg a day etc for a few weeks then tampering down etc.

The pulsing is like 20mg to 30mg 3 times a week only or less, he was suggesting it has worked great with little to zero sides. (Again alot claim there are no sides, so i guess its individual.

Hcg couod be an option for him to , but may give him sides not sure.

Again we may not do noithing, im kinda just looking for him .

Would you have any idea what a good lh number would be ?

Thank you sir for droppin a few ideas appreciate it. Again he is 64, so trying the easiest options first, i mean tryimg clomid once or twice , i dont imagin would create to much issues, and wont shut anything down.
I didn't know clomid came in doses lower than 50mg. I would say nolva, b/c it is much more tolerable, and you need much less for the same benefit. Comid, imo, is a nasty medication. I think he would feel pretty damned good on nolva. It comes in 10mg tabs (pharma), and is cheap as fuck.

I didn't know clomid came in doses lower than 50mg. I would say nolva, b/c it is much more tolerable, and you need much less for the same benefit. Comid, imo, is a nasty medication. I think he would feel pretty damned good on nolva. It comes in 10mg tabs (pharma), and is cheap as fuck.
Ok thnx, im wondering how much nova you would need to take weekly to raise lh....

Thnx for your opinions appreciate it.

Ok thnx, im wondering how much nova you would need to take weekly to raise lh....

Thnx for your opinions appreciate it.
I would think 10mg of nolva/day would serve him well. The shit is stupid cheap, and that's pharma.

On the note of clomid, here is a link to a reddit posting,

As mentioned, I would lean towards nolva/tamofixen over clomid, only b/c I found clomid to be an absolute head fuck. I always felt good on nolva. Good energy, libido, mood, all that. I did not have that anywhere close to that experience on clomid. There are a bunch of comments following that posting.

I would think 10mg of nolva/day would serve him well. The shit is stupid cheap, and that's pharma.

As mentioned, I would lean towards nolva/tamofixen over clomid, only b/c I found clomid to be an absolute head fuck. I always felt good on nolva. Good energy, libido, mood, all that. I did not have that anywhere close to that experience on clomid. There are a bunch of comments following that posting.

Thank you sir, yes i have a bunch of novaldex lying around, i mean none of it is going to hurt, nither shut down anything, they just increase, lh function, so that's the best thing with him being on ither or.

Ill have to do more digging on time frame, when you notice a difference taking ither or, i mean if i throw him a pack of nova in 2 to 3 weeks id think he woukd notice a difference.

I believe you may be on to something hear, nova may work just fine.

I believe you may be on to something hear, nova may work just fine.

That's what I was implying. 20mg of tamoxifen is comparable to 150mg of clomid, and free from all the misery that goes with clomid. Seriously, most guys dislike clomid for good reason, whereas tamoxifen is a far better compound. Hell, he could use raloxifene. It's a next gen SERM, and will assist with increasing bone density as well. Personally, I would still go with tamoxifen, b/c I was on it and it worked. I didn't find my libido maintained on ralox, but that might just be me. I did, however, find that I had a shit ton of energy on ralox, was vascular, lean, and my cardio was awesome. It all depends on how he tolerates each.

That's what I was implying. 20mg of tamoxifen is comparable to 150mg of clomid, and free from all the misery that goes with clomid. Seriously, most guys dislike clomid for good reason, whereas tamoxifen is a far better compound. Hell, he could use raloxifene. It's a next gen SERM, and will assist with increasing bone density as well. Personally, I would still go with tamoxifen, b/c I was on it and it worked. I didn't find my libido maintained on ralox, but that might just be me. I did, however, find that I had a shit ton of energy on ralox, was vascular, lean, and my cardio was awesome. It all depends on how he tolerates each.
Crazy awsome sir thank you šŸ˜Š

Crazy awsome sir thank you šŸ˜Š
I use tamofixen/nolva when I'm adjusting my dosage and I have E2 issues and don't want to risk hammering my E2 too low using an AI, and I get a noticeable lift off of as little as 5mg of nolva. I've often considered taking a low dose permanently, b/c as I feel really good on it. It's powerful stuff. I would make sure he's had bloodwork prior to starting on anything, and then after a month or so. Because it's a serm it will get his hpta working again. That would likely help memory some.

Dopamine plays a big role in memory/activation of the prefrontal cortex, which could benefit from the use of nolva. There are also selective dopamine reuptake inhibitors like Welbutrin, but I would start with the easy fix first, b/c that might do the trick. According to some studies I have read Tamoxifen is also prostate friendly, and may been shown to inhibit prostate cancer cell growth.

Please let me know how it goes, def interested to hear back.

I use tamofixen/nolva when I'm adjusting my dosage and I have E2 issues and don't want to risk hammering my E2 too low using an AI, and I get a noticeable lift off of as little as 5mg of nolva. I've often considered taking a low dose permanently, b/c as I feel really good on it. It's powerful stuff. I would make sure he's had bloodwork prior to starting on anything, and then after a month or so. Because it's a serm it will get his hpta working again. That would likely help memory some.

Dopamine plays a big role in memory/activation of the prefrontal cortex, which could benefit from the use of nolva. There are also selective dopamine reuptake inhibitors like Welbutrin, but I would start with the easy fix first, b/c that might do the trick. According to some studies I have read Tamoxifen is also prostate friendly, and may been shown to inhibit prostate cancer cell growth.

Please let me know how it goes, def interested to hear back.
He is afraid, of nolvadex, as he has a stint in , and the blood clot risk of novaldex etc, that was his concern when i mentioned novaldex the other day.

Ill see about getring him to take some l tyrosine, to see if memory improves that should raise hi dopamine.

Thank you

He is afraid, of nolvadex, as he has a stint in , and the blood clot risk of novaldex etc, that was his concern when i mentioned novaldex the other day.

Ill see about getring him to take some l tyrosine, to see if memory improves that should raise hi dopamine.

Thank you
What about raloxifene? It's a next gen serm, but I don't know if it has clotting risks. Google would know, lol. He can try low-dose clomid. Certain guys tolerate it well, plus , when I took it I ran 100mg and then 50mg. I'm sure 25mg would not be all that bad.

Welbutrin will raise his dopamine, it's a dopamine reuptake inhibitor. If he were to get a script for it request the brand name, the generic is shit.

What about raloxifene? It's a next gen serm, but I don't know if it has clotting risks. Google would know, lol. He can try low-dose clomid. Certain guys tolerate it well, plus , when I took it I ran 100mg and then 50mg. I'm sure 25mg would not be all that bad.

Welbutrin will raise his dopamine, it's a dopamine reuptake inhibitor. If he were to get a script for it request the brand name, the generic is shit.
Thank you sir , yeh ill be investigating more on this for him as he has clotting issues; ill look into rolaxfine, i use it with no problems.

Thank you sir , yeh ill be investigating more on this for him as he has clotting issues; ill look into rolaxfine, i use it with no problems.
I was looking up ralox for my own purposes, and I recall buying a bottle of baby aspirin b/c there is a risk of clotting, so I will save you that research. That is one consideration, take a daily dose of baby aspirin.

The other thing to consider is dose. Prescribed dosage for tamoxifen is 20-40. If he were to take 5mg, the risks are obviously significantly lessened, statistically speaking, along with the addition of aspirin, but please note I'm not trying to convince you, this is just my thoughts. I would be more cautious as well. It might help to speak to a pharmacist, you can do so anonymously, as a relative inquiring on their behalf. Just a thought.

Do you have the ability to consult with your doctor? Access all resources you can before making a decision.

I was looking up ralox for my own purposes, and I recall buying a bottle of baby aspirin b/c there is a risk of clotting, so I will save you that research. That is one consideration, take a daily dose of baby aspirin.

The other thing to consider is dose. Prescribed dosage for tamoxifen is 20-40. If he were to take 5mg, the risks are obviously significantly lessened, statistically speaking, along with the addition of aspirin, but please note I'm not trying to convince you, this is just my thoughts. I would be more cautious as well. It might help to speak to a pharmacist, you can do so anonymously, as a relative inquiring on their behalf. Just a thought.

Do you have the ability to consult with your doctor? Access all resources you can before making a decision.
Old men are difficult lol, and my old man is one of them bahahah i told hime about all this and did all his labs for him, amd he said well i drink a v8 tomato juice every morning.....fak i died laughing at him..

Yes he has been on baby aspirin for many years, and I agree, low doseage of novaldex or rolaxfine should have many benefits for him, he for some reason is afraid of water retention, because of his blood pressure. I was trying to tell him to give dhea a try, he sent me the big long list of side effects lol i said dad..... everything has those long lists of side effects...stubborn old mule..

He is suppose to go do his blood work, he hasn't yet, but inreally want him to because seeing his levels at his age would kinda give me an idea of how I would have been had i not started trt.