My covid 19 experience - almost 100%

rated_rko

Trusted Member
hey guys, been off the grid since late december.
So I have had covid for over 23 days now. Still not back to normal yet or 100% better.
Im in Ontario and we were suppose to stay within our household. But my wife got in a fight with me that she wants to visit her family friends and parents who live in windsor. Were 3.5hrs away in Toronto. So I said fine we can go the 24-27. Little did I know, I would be invited to Covid for these 3 days.
Pretty much the family friend household. Her best friend had a cough. Didn't say anything and then we went there for lunch. Meanwhile that cough came from her friend she saw on Dec 18 who had covid but they downplayed it and didn't even tell me. So it was a lunch of 16 on xmas. And in the wifes parents house. The sister had symptoms and was coughing and drinking neocitron while I was there and I asked her is your sister sick. She said now. So on boxing day they wanted to have a get together same families plus a few friends. I participated in games and stayed there until Sunday evening when I went back to Toronto.

So Monday morning I had a sore throat. By Tuesday I had a sore throat and headache. Mind you I haven't been sick in 3 years so I was concerned.
By Weds it was all my joints were killing me, had cold sweats and was so tired but still had an appetite. Thats when I told my wife did those people cough turn into covid. And low and behold 9 of us all started getting sick. I then went on to developed congestion and fever for 4 days. By day 6 I lost my sense of smell. And the worst was 7-9.
I had a cough and when I coughed I couldn't breathe properly. I couldn't take deep breathes it was like a panic attack for air.
When I laid on my back I could break ok, on the bed, but turning to my side I would lose my breathe and have to catch it.
So day 10-17 cough and stuffy nose and a headache 24/7. I talked to my friend whos a doctor he said just monitor my blood oxygen and take vitamin d 10k ( I was taking 8K prior to this), zinc, vitamin c and up to 4000MG of Tylenol cold for the pain and flu symptoms.
By day 17-20 just the cough bothered me.
I am now on day 23. I have a runny nose, phlegm and sore throat still.
I lost 16lbs. And to be honest it was a complete shit ride. I don't wish it upon anyone I just turned 35 this month while battling this shit.
And I am still not 100% my taste is gone and smell still. And those other symptoms.

I am just pissed people would not disclose to us that people are sick. And I have always been about ok social distance, wear the damn mask in the gym be safe. And I end up catching the stupid virus. IT was bullshit. At least I didn't end up in the hospital but its an eye opener how careless people are and how so many ppl are getting it. They don't tell you all the shit you got to deal with and the weightloss killed me.

Some days I feel on the fence and you hear a story like this and all the health orders in place seem justified. Thanks for sharing and hope you continue to get better in short order.
thanks. yeah, for me. I felt my integrity was compromised by even getting together for xmas. And low and behold getting the virus definitely proved a point why they said don't do the gatherings.

I feel i may of had it. Been working around a shit ton of fellow construction workers since all this bullshit started. Obviously did not nearly get as sick as you did as i didnt even miss any work.
Hopefully your back to 100% soon man

Recover well and fully soon man, its unfortunate that people lack the common courtesy to stay home at the 1st sign of symptoms, my son is on day 14 but he is young and got lucky. Best of luck kicking this to oblivion !

thanks. yeah, for me. I felt my integrity was compromised by even getting together for xmas. And low and behold getting the virus definitely proved a point why they said don't do the gatherings.
That is bs. They knew they were sick, should have told you to stay away.
I’d be pissed off myself.
Hopefully yours smell will come back soon, but in the mean time, load up on protien powder and milk, then go visit these people and hopefully when you start farting their smell is fine.

Covid is serious. It's not 'faked'.
I have serious complaints how government has done things yet not masking up for freedoms is a joke and going to work sick/family not telling you is worse than a punch in the face.
Glad you are over the worse of it. I have not seen personally anyone healthy under 60 have any 'lasting' side effects like you read about sometimes so you should be good after it's all done....(not saying everyone is lying...as I'm sure it happens very rarely, yet media today people want attention)

Glad to hear you are coming around. Your explanation of the effects of the disease is an eye opener for me ... I have very few friends so I am low risk of getting the disease lol. Masks and social distancing until an effective vaccine is proven which we are watching and waiting for is the answer. I do think self isolation is too loose of a method and believe supervised quarantine should be enforce if someone is tested positive. Cause you know human nature.

I am currently awaiting test results on one of our patients. We are observing Droplets Containment Protocol. My son has had it, on of my daughters had it. I've had 2 friends die as a result and 2 never had a sniffle but had it.

Its a funky one.

My wife tested positive a little while ago. It’s hit her pretty hard, severe body aches, sensory loss, weakness, fever, dizziness, a cough. She has asthma so I am keeping a close eye on her. I tested negative. I can see how even my wife’s mild/moderate symptoms in an elderly person would be really bad.

Thanks guys.
I think this virus is something that is a lot more severe than the flu. But if they classified it as a flu, then we would not see so many ppl crushed by it because our bodies would build herd immunity to fight it off. But to isolate us all when we do get it its a hard hitter on us. The flu kills millions every year. Man-Made or not this is something were going to deal with until more ppl are vaccinated with a mix of ppl who have gotten it an recovered.
I am hoping to gain weight back. My recomp I did last year went through the window. But i have been feeling more hungry again. So hopefully I can exercise when I am 100% at home and get something back.

Thanks guys.
I think this virus is something that is a lot more severe than the flu. But if they classified it as a flu, then we would not see so many ppl crushed by it because our bodies would build herd immunity to fight it off. But to isolate us all when we do get it its a hard hitter on us. The flu kills millions every year. Man-Made or not this is something were going to deal with until more ppl are vaccinated with a mix of ppl who have gotten it an recovered.
I am hoping to gain weight back. My recomp I did last year went through the window. But i have been feeling more hungry again. So hopefully I can exercise when I am 100% at home and get something back.
You’ll get back at it.
I lost weight and size from my colon surgery a few years ago and it sucks mentally but you were there so you’ll be there again.

It definitely sucks dropping weight like that so quick. When we know it took years to build. But muscle memory is real and you will bounce back quick. Take so before pictures for yourself and you will be amazed how quick it comes back. Keep your head up

Hearing how you got it really pisses me off. If you're sick, even with just a cold or whatever, stay the fuck home!

Covid or not, nobody wants to get sick. Some people are just assholes.

Glad to hear you are on the back stretch of this. Hope you fully clear it out soon.

yeah i just am disappointed with her family friends and her sister. and here's the kicker, her sister works for public health. she calls the people who have covid so for her to get it and not disclose it she would have been the first in ontario to do so.
Today no cough. Little Phlegm and sore throat is tiny. I am hoping it all goes by tmrw. Oh smell is still gone but i dont care about it.