Muscle Memory Myth

Framerboy

Nevaeh RIP little 😇
Trusted Member
Muscle memory has been used synonymously with motor learning, which is a form of procedural memory that involves consolidating a specific motor task into memory through repetition. When a movement is repeated over time, a long-term muscle memory is created for that task, eventually allowing it to be performed without conscious effort. This process decreases the need for attention and creates maximum efficiency within the motor and memory systems. Examples of muscle memory are found in many everyday activities that become automatic and improve with practice, such as riding a bicycle, typing on a keyboard, entering a PIN, playing a musical instrument,[1] poker,[2] martial arts or even dancing. But how long does it take to notice

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That was a question ?
Depend cerebrellum health
Synaptogenesis
hemispheric executive function by corpus collosum communication

That was a question ?
Depend cerebrellum health
Synaptogenesis
hemispheric executive function by corpus collosum communication
Sorta of a question , more of a debate, I found myself if diets in check within the first month u will see big changes.

I’m not sure what you mean by “how long does it take to notice “. The actual movement memory never goes away, “like riding a bike”, once you know how to ride a bike your body will not forget how to no matter how long it’s been since you rode one.

Did I understand your question correctly?

I’m not sure what you mean by “how long does it take to notice “. The actual movement memory never goes away, “like riding a bike”, once you know how to ride a bike your body will not forget how to no matter how long it’s been since you rode one.

Did I understand your question correctly?
Talking about when you take a break from the gym then go back ,how long it takes to get ur strength and previous gains back ..

I took approx 8 years off, due to life, a motorbike obsession, having kids, etc... when I started back up I was shocked how fast my size went up in the first couple of months. My body definitely knew what to do based on what I had done before.

Once I got to where I had been the free ride was over, and now I'm inching my way along as I was before.

Not sure if that answers anything...

I took approx 8 years off, due to life, a motorbike obsession, having kids, etc... when I started back up I was shocked how fast my size went up in the first couple of months. My body definitely knew what to do based on what I had done before.

Once I got to where I had been the free ride was over, and now I'm inching my way along as I was before.

Not sure if that answers anything...
Yes that was s great answer, I'm just getting back into it once again

well I was out from training for about 12-13 years at one point so the rebound, so to speak, lasted for a little while but def no more that 6 to 8 months and then it was back to a crawl growth wise.

well I was out from training for about 12-13 years at one point so the rebound, so to speak, lasted for a little while but def no more that 6 to 8 months and then it was back to a crawl growth wise.

That was my experience. I took a few years off in my 30s, at 40 i got back at it. The first year i gained a ton of strength and size back, then back to slow and steady.

The other kind of muscle memory is what i use at jiu jitsu and its no myth. Many of my core techniques i have been doing weekly for 30 years...I don't have to think about them ever, my body "feels" what my training partner is giving me and i "react." My subconscious is doing all the work. People think i am really quick but the reality is my brain does not slow me down thinking about what technique to do next. My muscle know what to do next because they have been there before...1000s of times.

I am sure @Bagua can attest to the fact this is not a myth.

That was my experience. I took a few years off in my 30s, at 40 i got back at it. The first year i gained a ton of strength and size back, then back to slow and steady.
My buddy is going back with me , hes jumping on a cycle while I wait it out , to me no sense taking anything if ur gonna grow back to your original size after a few months , then maybe Jump back on for the new year ..

fat has memory too. If someone was really obese for a long time then gaining it back takes way less time then it did to get fat the first time
I never knew that , interesting fact ..

The other kind of muscle memory is what i use at jiu jitsu and its no myth. Many of my core techniques i have been doing weekly for 30 years...I don't have to think about them ever, my body "feels" what my training partner is giving me and i "react." My subconscious is doing all the work. People think i am really quick but the reality is my brain does not slow me down thinking about what technique to do next. My muscle know what to do next because they have been there before...1000s of times.

I am sure @Bagua can attest to the fact this is not a myth.

One thing that I have discovered about Martial Arts training is just how muscle memory aids in coming back from layoffs due to injuries. While I was going through the knee replacement time, I had to curtail many aspects of training. When I had my first knee replaced I started the long process of trying to get back into training. It turned out not to be overly long at all. It seemed the technique was at my fingertips and all I had to do was get my conditioning up for that kind of training. One thing that was very obvious was the more intricate techniques were rusty but doable. The really weird thing is the more intricate knife templates came back overnight. I think that is more because they use natural body motions.
Often I think muscle memory has a lot to do with how many times we get into a flow situation as theorized by Mihaly Csikszentmihály. Or as some coin it Chi or Ki in Mushin/ no mind.