More potential reasons to take creatine

ironwill

Meat Eater and potato peeler
Trusted Member
FYI there is a shortage of creatine right now. If you find some, stock up!!
Lots of supplements are experiencing shortages we have been noting here. I ingest only protein powders with no artificial sweeteners. Hard to find. Glutamine finally came back and creating is hit and miss.
@jayetter creative is great year round, no negative sides I have ever had nor researched to say we need a break.
It’s good for overall health and longevity

libo

Trusted Member
Lots of supplements are experiencing shortages we have been noting here. I ingest only protein powders with no artificial sweeteners. Hard to find. Glutamine finally came back and creating is hit and miss.
@jayetter creative is great year round, no negative sides I have ever had nor researched to say we need a break.
It’s good for overall health and longevity
Just out of curiosity how does your kidney function turn out using it year round? You probably already know creatine is known to cause false elevation in creatinine, therefor giving a false lowered egfr by calculation. I like to keep a real close eye on my renal markers and everytime I'm on creatine I have a egfr of like 60, then when im off its like 85-90. Again it's only a false reading, no direct links to creatine and kidney dysfunction. Just curious with that long of use in your case

ironwill

Trusted Member
Just out of curiosity how does your kidney function turn out using it year round? You probably already know creatine is known to cause false elevation in creatinine, therefor giving a false lowered egfr by calculation. I like to keep a real close eye on my renal markers and everytime I'm on creatine I have a egfr of like 60, then when im off its like 85-90. Again it's only a false reading, no direct links to creatine and kidney dysfunction. Just curious with that long of use in your case
It raises slightly my creatinine, but as you mention, it is due to creatine, as well as muscle mass.

Creatinine is a byproduct of normal muscle function. It is a metabolite of creatine phosphate, which the muscles use as an energy source. The greater someone's muscle mass, the higher the creatinine levels as well. I always have elevated levels, but never in the high range, just higher than mid range.

Creatine Kinase levels rise when working out and breaking down muscle also, some folks get confused between the two.

ironwill

Trusted Member
I believe it has a lot to do with sugars, apparently they raise triglycerides as well. Also inflammation that also elevated cholesterol as well. It has a role in the process.
Trans fats etc are also hard on lipid levels. Hence why many can eat clean as far as fats etc and still have issues affecting the lipid profile
If you want to check inflammation to corelate with symptoms, Some Standard clinical tests and observations associated with inflammation are hypoalbuminemia, erythropoietin resistance, decreased iron saturation accompanied by high ferritin, frailty, low serum creatinine, reduced total and LDL-cholesterol, and increased C reactive protein.

Inflammation is a silent killer we all should be aware of, and Sugar will drive this real high, along with MSG, and many, many other items we ingest daily.

Bolton73

Trusted Member
Just noticed this post. I'm gonna do a bit more research on it, but i like what i see about the benefits on blood sugar! Thx for the post @

Goldenrod