Monarchy. yay or nay?

Evil Spock

Trusted Member
nay(dont tell my mother)
birthright status is not compatible with democracy and freedom

It's a great show or performance that's forsure. Tradition I suppose. Very much imperialism. I get what you mean about democracy and freedom though.

I like tradition myself, but I wouldn't lose sleep if the Queen's face was replaced by #4 Bobby Orr!

As far as being the Imperial Galactic Empire. If the people of United Kingdom of Great Britain wanted the monarchy gone there would be no more Royal family. All it would take is legislation, an act of Parliament, and signed by the Sovereign to end the monarchy. No more House of Windsor. That is democracy. A hell of a lot easier than the other Imperialistic family, The Romanovs! The Queen has power and wealth but it is limited and allowed by the people of the UK.

Another reason I say yay, it would cost a lot to get rid of HER FACE over here in the Great White North eh!

Don’t really care either way. I do like the tradition of it, but could care less what those two inbreed princes are up to.

This whole affair with Julie Payette is rather disgusting. She will now receive a lifetime pension of over a $100k.

Im very much for less government involvement and control.

Definitely all for Monarchy. Ideally an aristocracy of merit, but that hasn't existed for centuries.. I just wish the old powers of the titles they hold actually had teeth, rather than symbolic and ceremonial.

Big waste of money sham. Get em outta here. Make canada great again.
Canada was greater the closer to the Monarchy it was. 1812, Boer War, WWI & WWII ? All of those wars were fought in defense of it. Canada has never been the great without it.. we are no different than the Federalist U.S in that case. Only weaker and without the Crown to defend us and bring us together in case of some kind of invasion..?

Canada was greater the closer to the Monarchy it was. 1812, Boer War, WWI & WWII ? All of those wars were fought in defense of it. Canada has never been the great without it.. we are no different than the Federalist U.S in that case. Only weaker and without the Crown to defend us and bring us together in case of some kind of invasion..?
The crown to defend us?
Google NATO.....

The crown can pound sound. Our biggest ally, and we mimic most of what they do, is the States. Those were great wars a long time ago, but things in the world (reading between MANY LINES) are corrupt now - including institutions that provide nothing and wheel themselves around in gold carriages.

The crown is just a big part of the Federal Reserve, and global bankers. It's nothing more now than a political love to see it culture but that's all it's good for.

I'm very much comfortable with the fact that if we get invaded, the US will be the hand that strikes down, as they are much more powerful than Europe.

Reactions: PGM
To have someone born into power is an archaic and absurd notion. The fact that it takes resources that could be much better used is enough for me to say NAY!

Reactions: PGM
I don't even want NATO lol!!!

I think at this point if I could be a US citizen and make the trade I would....
I dont want nato either. They are nothing more than a terrorist organization that goes around the globe bombing poor people to steal their resources on behalf of big banks and corporations.
my point was we dont rely on the “crown” for protection in Canada.
We have no protection. Like right now, we are under attack from China and the global elites, and we have no protection.

I’m old fashioned and love the history of where I came from and our country. It’s a symbol of our past. And in reality they’re just a figure usually for the good nowadays. Doing good deeds throughout the world.

in a time where statues are being torn down, dollar bills being changed, and so much separation it draws me in further to respect and honour our past history. We have a lot to be proud of and honour our ancestors that gave us the life in Canada we know today. The monarchy is a symbol of that past and where part of my family came from.
I’m a yay.

I’m old fashioned and love the history of where I came from and our country. It’s a symbol of our past. And in reality they’re just a figure usually for the good nowadays. Doing good deeds throughout the world.

in a time where statues are being torn down, dollar bills being changed, and so much separation it draws me in further to respect and honour our past history. We have a lot to be proud of and honour our ancestors that gave us the life in Canada we know today. The monarchy is a symbol of that past and where part of my family came from.
I’m a yay.
Prince Andrew excluded i would assume?
Diana probably had a different view that last moments of her life as well..
Fuck the "Royal" family. Just a bunch of inbred parasites'
This is 2021 and we are supposed to ignore class and focus only on race and gender. LOL.

Monarchy out, waste of money as no value is added to the people of Canada, Gov. General should go too just a figure head. And Trudeau has to go or he is financially and economically going to sink us. The next battle is with China, they are aggressively trying to dominate the world markets and once that happens we are under their control. Would be a lot of fun under Chinese law.

Prince Andrew excluded i would assume?
Diana probably had a different view that last moments of her life as well..
Fuck the "Royal" family. Just a bunch of inbred parasites'
This is 2021 and we are supposed to ignore class and focus only on race and gender. LOL.

to be honest no idea what Prince Andrew is all about. I don’t have social media or watch the news so no idea.
The idea of the monarchy is for the good and especially nowadays would be hard to get away with anything scandalous with pretty much a video camera on you at all times.

to be honest no idea what Prince Andrew is all about. I don’t have social media or watch the news so no idea.
The idea of the monarchy is for the good and especially nowadays would be hard to get away with anything scandalous with pretty much a video camera on you at all times.
I am with you far as the social media and mainstream media goes.
And yeah its hard to get away with it. He was caught fucking kids with Epstein. Well documented but when more comes out they just change the news cycle on command.

Having them pays off in terms of tourist dollars
So for great Britain it's a plus

Now for us it brings no big benefit to our lives