Mk677 Info - 10 days on and 10 days off

Goldenrod

Staff member
I posted this and many read it so I will create a separate post just on a protocol I recommend you consider.

I take no credit for this - this is a cut and paste from a friend who has forgot more than I know - I trust his advice and tend to listen when he talks:

Majority of users dont understand the mechanism of IGF1 and assume that MK only increases GH. It does not as it "drains" your insulin and will leave you with less bloodsugar, and as a result more insulin will be produced, which can eventually lead to death of beta cells. This is why I will always recommend cycling on and off MK677” -

I always preach 7 -10 days on 7 -10 days off

I wrote about this many times why this is the most effective way to use this compound if youre on the lookout for gains. IGF1 levels dont fall very fast. Bp3 can up and downregulate pretty fast. You will actually see enhanced fatloss and gains throughout the period on/off since your remaining igf1 in the off phase will get used more (body notices lacking mk after about 3 days, igf1 still elvated, liver ups igfbp3 again. Rinse and repeat)

Here are the facts:

1. Mk looses potency after 7 days. Even more after 14 days (LOOK AT THE GRAPHS and it will show you all you need to know more specially the decline after week 2)

https://academic.oup.com/jcem/article-lookup/doi/10.1210/jcem.83.2.4551

IGFBP3:
Following MK-677, IGFBP-3 increased progressively to a mean day-12 (fifth treatment day) value of 3374. 917 ng/mL (P < 0.05 compared with day 8).

In contrast, the placebo group showed no change (day-12 value = 2673
636 ng/mL; P = NS compared with day 8).

When the average IGFBP-3 value for the last 5 treatment days on MK-677 (3273 ? 330 ng/mL) was compared with placebo (2604 ? 253 ng/mL), the difference was significant (P < 0.01).

2. Oh look more diminishing effects:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9467542

The basal metabolic rate was significantly increased at 2 weeks of MK-677 treatment (P = 0.01) but not at 8 weeks (P = 0.1). Fasting concentrations of glucose and insulin were unchanged, whereas an oral glucose tolerance test showed impairment of glucose homeostasis at 2 and 8 weeks.

3. More stuff you should know:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9329386

After treatment with 10 mg MK-677, IGF-I concentrations increased 52 +/- 20% (65 +/- 6 to 99 +/- 9 micrograms/L, geometric mean +/- intrasubject SE, P < or = 0.05 vs. baseline), and 24 h mean GH concentrations increased 79 +/- 19% (0.14 +/- 0.01 to 0.26 +/- 0.02 microgram/L, P < or = 0.05 vs. baseline). Following treatment with 50 mg MK-677, IGF-I concentrations increased 79 +/- 9% (84 +/- 3 to 150 +/- 6 micrograms/L, P < or = 0.05 vs. baseline) and 24-h mean GH concentrations increased 82 +/- 29% (0.21 +/- 0.02 to 0.39 +/- 0.04 microgram/L, P < or = 0.05 vs. baseline), respectively. Serum IGF binding protein-3 concentrations increased with both 10 mg (1.2 +/- 0.1 to 1.7 +/- 0.1 micrograms/L, P < or = 0.05) and 50 mg MK-677 (1.7 +/- 0.1 to 2.2 +/- 0.2 micrograms/L, P < or = 0.05).

The GH response to MK-677 was greater in subjects who were the least GH/IGF-I deficient at baseline; by linear regression analysis the increase in 24-h mean GH concentration was positively related to both baseline 24-h mean GH concentration (r = 0.81, P = 0.009) and baseline IGF-I (r = 0.79, P = 0.01) for 10 mg MK-677. IGF-I responses were not significantly related to any baseline measurement.

Fasting and postprandial insulin and postprandial glucose increased significantly after MK-677 treatment, and the clinical significance of these changes will need to be assessed in longer term studies.

4. Even more!:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2757071/

Look at all the indicators for impaired glucose aka pre diabetes. Limb fat etc...
They are all a bunch of idiots for labeling it "insignificant" due to it not inducing diabetes IMMEDIATELY. Yet these studies were done in elderly NOT in carb binging bodybuilders...

As previously mentioned, this is not my protocol. I am cutting and pasting from someone else’s knowledge.
The following is also suggested:
25-30mg MK a day after waking up
80mcg of huperzine A alongside
Long acting insulin (will not discuss dose but it’s very small ) after 30 mins taking the mk677 and 12 hours later AGAIN
5.000Ius of vitamin D
5.000Ius of vitamin A
1000mcg chromium ED (pre workout)

.... for 7 days and take 7-10 days OFF.

on the 7 days OFF:

berberine/metformin 1,5g a DAY (3 times a day, morning, noon, before bed)
1g EGCG
keep chromium
add in ACV (3 x a day)
5g cinnamon
2g GSE (spread throughout the day)

Then repeat.

i don't know him my the cure but yes, it is someone much more knowledgeable than I and someone I listen to and call a friend.

The hype drowned out the facts which were presented after the trials.Intended effects diminish after a rather short period of time.Increased abdominal fat deposition has been noted by a few here,including myself.

The hype drowned out the facts which were presented after the trials.Intended effects diminish after a rather short period of time.Increased abdominal fat deposition has been noted by a few here,including myself.
Hey @Cog, I was never a fan either - it did nothing for injuries which is why I took it and obviously quality sleep would have been nice. The only nice surprise, it stopped hair loss dead in its tracks.
All the aforementioned info is from a much more sophisticated bodybuilder.

Hey @Cog, I was never a fan either - it did nothing for injuries which is why I took it and obviously quality sleep would have been nice. The only nice surprise, it stopped hair loss dead in its tracks.
All the aforementioned info is from a much more sophisticated bodybuilder.
I felt the same way, I wanted to use it to heal i up and it really didnt help

Pro maker coach on this site Benoit LaPierre had a protocol somewhere that was every 2nd day or 3 days a week. Not sure the exact schedule, but it was for the same reasoning.

I had great success when using solely MK for an extended period after cycle. Helped keep strength & retain muscle.

Majority of users dont understand the mechanism of IGF1 and assume that MK only increases GH. It does not as it "drains" your insulin and will leave you with less bloodsugar, and as a result more insulin will be produced, which can eventually lead to death of beta cells. This is why I will always recommend cycling on and off MK677” -

Umm at least that's a good news here, it can't kill something already dead in my body!! I Need to laugh at it loll

Btw thx, great information there!

May looking running mi like this for a while. Would adding cjc dac week on week off be any benefit here ?