Mio Alternatives

bowserthedog

Trusted Member
I know what you're going to say. I shouldn't drink lots of artificial sweeter. YAYAYA. But i do and it helps me to drink a lot more water and not reach for calorie rich drinks. I buy a lot of Mio and it's expensive AF. I feel like you should be able to buy a large container of calorie free powdered drink mix but I can't seem to find it on amazon. Does anyone know of a way to get calorie free powdered juice mix in bulk?

Crystal light. All the good sugar free stuff is in the states. We dont have much here

I use mio,
But I use packets of sweetener to make it last longer
1 bottle of mio lasts me 2-3 days

I know what you're going to say. I shouldn't drink lots of artificial sweeter. YAYAYA. But i do and it helps me to drink a lot more water and not reach for calorie rich drinks. I buy a lot of Mio and it's expensive AF. I feel like you should be able to buy a large container of calorie free powdered drink mix but I can't seem to find it on amazon. Does anyone know of a way to get calorie free powdered juice mix in bulk?

Flavored EAA's from canadian protein ftw, pure, easily assimilated Aminos and some flavoring, I can use it very sparingly - 3-4grams will give nice light flavor to about 500ml of water

Edit- please note I said EAA's not BCAA's, big difference

Flavored EAA's from canadian protein ftw, pure, easily assimilated Aminos and some flavoring, I can use it very sparingly - 3-4grams will give nice light flavor to about 500ml of water

Edit- please note I said EAA's not BCAA's, big difference
How much is too much to consume in a day?

Don't think there is a limit. Technically its just protein. I remember iron addict did an experiment back in the day wherw he would take 10g eaa before every meal and he was losing weight like crazy.

Don't think there is a limit. Technically its just protein. I remember iron addict did an experiment back in the day wherw he would take 10g eaa before every meal and he was losing weight like crazy.
That’s a blast from the past. Wes was a phenomenal person. Knowledgeable. Humble and all around great dude.

Wait.. this aids in weight loss?

Thats all i can find right now, can't find the scientific approach behind it right now

Beat me to it. I am definitely on a kick with the stuff. Bubly is pretty good too.
Yeah Bags, I've been on the sparkling water train for a few years now. I very rarely drink a soda... literally don't feel the need I just love sparkling water.

Doesn't even have to be flavoured, straight from the soda stream is great.

Yeah Bags, I've been on the sparkling water train for a few years now. I very rarely drink a soda... literally don't feel the need I just love sparkling water.

Doesn't even have to be flavoured, straight from the soda stream is great.

Same here. A safe addiction.

I agree barring gastric or financial issues, but stay sensible of course. I take maybe 5-15g in drinks through the day and 10 in my intra workout drink on gym days.

@Cheapshot it's really weird that you would bring that up. I don't recall ever hearing that before but for the last week or so I have been thinking that it feels like it has been doing that for me. I have absolutely not a single ounce of science to back that up and have done zero to try and prove it in any way, just something I've been pondering.

@bowserthedog Highly unlikely that it aids in fatloss in a direct way as far as I know, I'm just talking out my ass here.
However maybe in some indirect way like affecting appetite or blood sugar or something to do with Protein Sparing. In any case each gram is still around 4 calories just like any other gram of formed protein.

I agree barring gastric or financial issues, but stay sensible of course. I take maybe 5-15g in drinks through the day and 10 in my intra workout drink on gym days.

@Cheapshot it's really weird that you would bring that up. I don't recall ever hearing that before but for the last week or so I have been thinking that it feels like it has been doing that for me. I have absolutely not a single ounce of science to back that up and have done zero to try and prove it in any way, just something I've been pondering.

@bowserthedog Highly unlikely that it aids in fatloss in a direct way as far as I know, I'm just talking out my ass here.
However maybe in some indirect way like affecting appetite or blood sugar or something to do with Protein Sparing. In any case each gram is still around 4 calories just like any other gram of formed protein.
Yes I cant find the damn article where he talks about it. Maybe its in his book. He was taking 10g of eaas before every meal, but I dont remember the reasoning. At the time I never knew what a diet was, so didn't really pay attention.lol. I will see if i can dig up his fat loss book.

What a coincidence, Milos Sarcev also has people drink 10g eaa between some meals with 10g glutamine