Metformin

For some bodybuilders it has made them have to eat wayyyy more basically negating any effects of metaformin just for them to continue to grow but those are people already at professional levels. I am going to try berberin sometime soon and I believe I just did a fasting blood glucose test so I am going to try and track that because I don't think the big list of other supplements I use are making me more insulin sensitive.
Nah, be careful with absolute statements if you are unsure. It does not make you eat more at all. What it does is in my aforementioned post. Makes you utilize your blood sugars intracellularly. Not an effect on eating at all really. Makes you less desensitized to bodies insulin allowing it to work properly. Which in turn allows you to utilize the glucose entering your body opposed to floating around in your blood. Thus allowing you to eat less for same effect.
Berberin works excellent. It is not just used for slin sensitivities, also a very good anti bnacterial for your innards yeasts etc, and the list goes on.
Start slow or you WILL get digestion issues at the onset and if a lot of bad gut bacteria and yeast etc, you will get a herx reaction.

Nah, be careful with absolute statements if you are unsure. It does not make you eat more at all. What it does is in my aforementioned post. Makes you utilize your blood sugars intracellularly. Not an effect on eating at all really. Makes you less desensitized to bodies insulin allowing it to work properly. Which in turn allows you to utilize the glucose entering your body opposed to floating around in your blood. Thus allowing you to eat less for same effect.
Berberin works excellent. It is not just used for slin sensitivities, also a very good anti bnacterial for your innards yeasts etc, and the list goes on.
Start slow or you WILL get digestion issues at the onset and if a lot of bad gut bacteria and yeast etc, you will get a herx reaction.

It doesn't make you eat more but some people do need to eat more to gain muscle while on it at least for some people. Experts in the field of bodybuilding have talked about the subject a few times. Here's one study, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6351883/#:~:text=In summary, our findings show,metformin on mitochondrial protein synthesis.

In someone who is diabetic it probably will help them by lowering free radical stress but in someone who is already healthy it's kind of like what happens when you give someone who has no joint pain heavy NSAIDS every day on their bulk. They gain less muscle and strength. If you give someone who already has too much inflammation it though they will gain more because there is a certain balance.

I feel like you are only showing one side of the coin. I don't think either of us fully understands biology so it's very hard to talk in absolutes regardless if you see studies that show this is what happens because we aren't educated to fully understand studies that might not mention some biological function that totally negates their finding that the author just assumed the reader would know. Also studies are flawed.

I Have high blood glucose right now and metaformin might not only protect my kidneys to some degree it might also make it so I gain more muscle but that might not be the same for someone who has great insulin sensitivity especially if they're a 250lb+ body builder where even getting a few extra pounds a year of muscle is not easy.

try and find the earlier metaformin episodes on https://www.advicesradio.com/tracks/muscle-minds

It started with Jordan Peters, Dr. Scott Stevenson (who was training him at the time) and Scott McNally. I think there was three different episodes related to metaformin but it could be only two. You can also try searching Think Big Bodybuilding media metaformin

I think in person we would be standing over our phones shaking with adrenaline saying, but what about this study!? Going back and forth for an hour. Ripping our hair out as we go lol yet we are about the same thing.

I started using Berberine for my blood sugar, but the problem was that it played havoc with my acid reflux. My insides were on fire all the time.

It was unfortunate, because it seems (on paper) to be a great alternative to metformin, but if you are suffering from GERD, this might not be the best option for you.

I started using Berberine for my blood sugar, but the problem was that it played havoc with my acid reflux. My insides were on fire all the time.

It was unfortunate, because it seems (on paper) to be a great alternative to metformin, but if you are suffering from GERD, this might not be the best option for you.
Pantaprozole and Tums it is! Has anyone tried Alldaychemist.com or another source for metaformin or other medications? I am thinking about it to clear my cholesterol before it turns to plaque.

You need to start slow and work up as my post above alludes to,. It can cause herx reactions due to killing off bad bacteria in the gut as it is an antibacterial agent as well.
Start low at 100 mg per meaL AND WORK UP SLOWLY

It doesn't make you eat more but some people do need to eat more to gain muscle while on it at least for some people. Experts in the field of bodybuilding have talked about the subject a few times. Here's one study, https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6351883/#:~:text=In summary, our findings show,metformin on mitochondrial protein synthesis.

In someone who is diabetic it probably will help them by lowering free radical stress but in someone who is already healthy it's kind of like what happens when you give someone who has no joint pain heavy NSAIDS every day on their bulk. They gain less muscle and strength. If you give someone who already has too much inflammation it though they will gain more because there is a certain balance.

I feel like you are only showing one side of the coin. I don't think either of us fully understands biology so it's very hard to talk in absolutes regardless if you see studies that show this is what happens because we aren't educated to fully understand studies that might not mention some biological function that totally negates their finding that the author just assumed the reader would know. Also studies are flawed.

I Have high blood glucose right now and metaformin might not only protect my kidneys to some degree it might also make it so I gain more muscle but that might not be the same for someone who has great insulin sensitivity especially if they're a 250lb+ body builder where even getting a few extra pounds a year of muscle is not easy.

try and find the earlier metaformin episodes on https://www.advicesradio.com/tracks/muscle-minds

It started with Jordan Peters, Dr. Scott Stevenson (who was training him at the time) and Scott McNally. I think there was three different episodes related to metaformin but it could be only two. You can also try searching Think Big Bodybuilding media metaformin

I think in person we would be standing over our phones shaking with adrenaline saying, but what about this study!? Going back and forth for an hour. Ripping our hair out as we go lol yet we are about the same thing.
LOL, nah...I don't ever have my phone in hand while socializing, or pull it out to counter someone's ideas. I have just been doing it for many decades now and have had many great teachers along the way.
My phone stays in my truck, or at home unless required at work. I treat it like a landline as i am an old school fella. My friends get pissed, text me and think an instant reply is coming back. LEAVE A MSG< I'LL GET BACK TO YOU. Most of my good friends know better....
BUT, it is not a complex subject on metformin. It helps regulate blood sugars and makes your insulin work more efficiently. Anyway, thanks for the studies, i will peruse them in a bit.

Pleas
You need to start slow and work up as my post above alludes to,. It can cause herx reactions due to killing off bad bacteria in the gut as it is an antibacterial agent as well.
Start low at 100 mg per meaL AND WORK UP SLOWLY
Please, if you have a link for Berberine dosed at 100mg, can you please share.

All the ones I've seen are dosed between 500mg - 1000mg or more. I've found one dosed at 250mg, but none as low as 100mg.

If I can get my hands on some Berberine at that dose, I'd be willing to give it at a try again.

Pleas

Please, if you have a link for Berberine dosed at 100mg, can you please share.

All the ones I've seen are dosed between 500mg - 1000mg or more. I've found one dosed at 250mg, but none as low as 100mg.

If I can get my hands on some Berberine at that dose, I'd be willing to give it at a try again.
I split my caps into two.
So the 250 mg cap I make two doses of 125 mg. Only to start off, within a week I’m up to 250 mg. At 500 mg I find it to be s bit much , but many have no issues at all.

god damn i take 500mg x 2 berber in the morning cant feel it that well off 500 mg alone guess its just me... I get mental clarity and functionality similar to caffeine without the side-effects that's why i take it. bonus for blood sugar as well.
i will attempt to dose at 500 instead to see if my digestion gets better. good info here!