Meditation experiences

Look up Mindfulness by Jon Kabat Zinn and if you want to go deeper, read some of the more simple stuff by Thich Nhat Hanh from Plum Village.
If you want to delve into self-realization or awakening, Don Miguel Ruiz would be a good start as his stuff dives into wisdom from the Toltecs.
You must train yourself to be able to sit. To do this, Zazen is considered the heart of Japanese Sōtō Zen Buddhist practice. Research Zazen.
Thank you so much 💓

Over the years, on my days off, sometimes I wake up, but dont get out of bed and just reflect on my life and other things. Just lay there for like 30-45 min.
I think sometimes you need to file things to keep at peace.
I love this, I'm going to try it out this weekend

The gym gets me there. Post workout, and a good post work meal, then lay down and chill. Takes me away every time. I have adhd and slight anxiety, this is a must for me as i do not treat with pharmaceuticals. It's dangerous for myself and others if i do not do this as i overthink stuff and have zero fiolter and say stuff i should not say in my career world to dogfu#$^rs. I am a patient person and can control things if going to the gym, getting endorphins flowing, eat and relax my body, i am good for about 36 hours.
I have ADHD, generalized anxiety and social anxiety so I totally understand

I actually came across one that was very similar to this the first time I tried it. And try to remember to breathe into expanding your stomach, deep breathing hope this helps, (you also wont need the videp forever but its a useful tool)
💙

I've used this same technique for years. Works well. Your mind is like an undisciplined child, and will resist focus. One way I've found to combat that, and force your focus to remain on your breath, as well as the slowing of one's breathing, is to use a piece of a McDonald's straw. By only allowing yourself to breath through that straw your focus will remain on your breath, or lack of breath, lol

But, in all seriousness, I did this with morning meditation and used it to force my body and mind to accept controlled breathing, which lowered my heart rate. I would recommend a month of 10 minute morning meditation, to get used to slow breathing and strengthen your ability of keeping your focus on your breath before restrictive breathing. Your body will fight it, but you can overcome that and slow your intake and exhalation considerably. I have ADD and some anxiety, and always found meditation to help.

I've used this same technique for years. Works well. Your mind is like an undisciplined child, and will resist focus. One way I've found to combat that, and force your focus to remain on your breath, as well as the slowing of one's breathing, is to use a piece of a McDonald's straw. By only allowing yourself to breath through that straw your focus will remain on your breath, or lack of breath, lol

But, in all seriousness, I did this with morning meditation and used it to force my body and mind to accept controlled breathing, which lowered my heart rate. I would recommend a month of 10 minute morning meditation, to get used to slow breathing and strengthen your ability of keeping your focus on your breath before restrictive breathing. Your body will fight it, but you can overcome that and slow your intake and exhalation considerably. I have ADD and some anxiety, and always found meditation to help.
Thank you!!!! I have ADHD and anxiety as well so I’ll be giving this a try tonight before bed. Thanks again ❤️

i like a lot of the readings but reading never helped my meditation practice. picking up meditation as a practice was like quitting smoking but opposite. try, give up, try give up eventually its kinda of a practice. i get distracted discouraged dont see any point or change so like the gurus say, i doing it really well. i havent watched the netflix series but i highly recommend the Headspace app to get started and give you some momentum. the free course is all you need.

Hey brother

Download an app called insight timer. I put it on before bed. There's everything from listening to people's voices help you calm and become relaxed and rested.

It's been great for me.

Hey brother

Download an app called insight timer. I put it on before bed. There's everything from listening to people's voices help you calm and become relaxed and rested.

It's been great for me.
i use insight timer now also. i like the brook sound. i started with 10 min with a wood clack to remind me to return to my breathing. when im satisfied with my session, i add 3 seconds to each min, adding 30s to to my sessions. periodization applied to meditation. and its a free app.

i use insight timer now also. i like the brook sound. i started with 10 min with a wood clack to remind me to return to my breathing. when im satisfied with my session, i add 3 seconds to each min, adding 30s to to my sessions. periodization applied to meditation. and its a free app.
I use that one too!
The app works well for me also, considering it's free too you really can't go wrong!