Medications for Iron Overload

Theres alot of eveidence if you look up iron overload , have you ever checked your iron ? Just curious as to what yours would be.
Yes, you bet Hemochromatosis is very much genetic and 3 family members of mine have already passed on from this. I have high iron, as i said that is just one indicator to continue with more extensive testing. I am very aware of this issue.
Don't get to self diagnosing man, it never is a good avenue to go down. I am all about awareness etc, and if one has a shitty doc we have research to ask questions and more testing. BUT self diagnosing and self treating is not a good route. Just saying.

Ok thnx. Yeh my hematocrit only 42.9 and hemoglobin is only 14.9.
No worries there. But iv recently dug into alot about issues if you have with high iron. Like hemochromatosis and MTHFR -Methylation , it was under my impression that 38 lebel iron was definitely immediately donate. And 40 was emergency situations? And having high oron is linked to various issues including cancer.
Every self diagnosis is cancer brother. All roads lead to cancer. Get a good doc and let him do his thing.

Every self diagnosis is cancer brother. All roads lead to cancer. Get a good doc and let him do his thing.
Thank you sir i may write yeh somtine for some questions,after i re test and test the gene for my self. Few of my family has it as well .thnx for your reply.

Ahhhh ok so same as donating but only difference is its not used.
I had my self all signed up for donating before i cam out but turned it away as i was low calcium and phosphate and didn't wanna screw stuff up.
But my hematocrit and hemoglobin was just done and its low like bang on. And since my ferritin isnt high i dont wanna start a routin of droppin it. But i might have to if i cant find another option.

By chance do you know how much iron would drop on a donation?
Exsample say im 40 . Reference is 11-30 any guess ?
Your iron is 40? I never heard of obtaining a separate iron value. I always thought it was ferritin. Last time I donated my ferritin dropped from 170 to 96, then to 79 a month later. I got an infusion.

Your iron is 40? I never heard of obtaining a separate iron value. I always thought it was ferritin. Last time I donated my ferritin dropped from 170 to 96, then to 79 a month later. I got an infusion.
Yes theres a separate test for iron.
Its a 4 panel.
Tibc
Uibc
Iron
Ferritin

Just updating some supplements that have backed research for reducing iron.
Turmeric
Milk thistle
Selenium

Link below has good definitions.