Marvin Hagler 1954-2021

Bagua

Staff member
Marvin Hagler, the middleweight boxing great whose title reign and career ended with a split-decision loss to "Sugar" Ray Leonard in 1987, died today. He was 66 Hagler was 62-3-2 with 52 knockouts from 1973 to 1987. He was the undisputed middleweight champion from 1980 to his loss to Leonard at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas on April 6, 1987.
The fierce left-hander had two of his biggest victories at Caesars Palace, unanimously outpointing Roberto Duran in 1983 and knocking out Thomas Hearns in the third round in 1985.
He was inducted into the International Boxing Hall of Fame and World Boxing Hall of Fame in 1983
1615689007312.png
1615689033671.png

Damn. I guess it shouldn't be a surprise as the years pass by but sometimes it still hits. Hagler was beast and a huge part of the story of (one of?) the golden(s) age (in my mind anyhow). Those "little guys" were friggin amazing in those years.

I remember watching the sugar ray fight at my grandfather’s house back in 87 and I still remember the fight fairly well....a true classic and he indeed was a warrior!

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say if they autopsy him he’ll likely have CTE in his brain.

I’m reading Finding Murph about former NHL star Joe Murphy who is currently living homeless in Kenora. It’s more about CTE but very interesting read.

Very sad. And very unnecessary.

How fast will that get dismissed or buried? I already see a ton of articles in my feed about anti-vaxxers tryna hijack the narrative and how gross and manipulative that is of them in a time of mourning. Funny how it's okay to flaunt a celebrity death if attributed to covid but not the vaccine. Need more facts and confirmation of course but haven't seen a denial of this yet.

How fast will that get dismissed or buried? I already see a ton of articles in my feed about anti-vaxxers tryna hijack the narrative and how gross and manipulative that is of them in a time of mourning. Funny how it's okay to flaunt a celebrity death if attributed to covid but not the vaccine. Need more facts and confirmation of course but haven't seen a denial of this yet.
Well to give you an idea...
"Aaron, the 86-year-old Hall of Famer and longtime Atlanta Braves right fielder, did not die from his first COVID-19 vaccine dose.
Major League Baseball legend and Atlanta entrepreneur Hank Aaron’s cause of death has been revealed. The 86-year-old Hall of Famer and longtime Atlanta Braves right fielder died of natural causes, according to an investigator in the Fulton County Medical Examiner’s Office.”
Here they are doing their spin on the news.
Funny how that all works. Die in a car crash two weeks after testing positive for covid and it’s a covid death. Die after getting the shots and it’s completely unrelated, coincidence and conspiracy. Paid to say covid and paid to say unrelated.

Don’t worry! For those of you that prefer things to be all tidied up, here is a piece from the widow.
“I was the only person close to him until the last minute , and I am the only person that know how things went not even his family know all the details and I do NOT accept to read some stupid comment without knowing really what happen . For sure wasn’t the vaccine that caused his death . My baby left in peace with his usually smile and now is not the time to talk nonsense .”
I know some of you might notice there was no mention of facts like did he/didn’t he get the shot or cause of death but that’s not important. The important part here is that you should be ashamed of making this about the bigger picture or doubting your masters. There is clearly nothing to see here so back in line for your shots.

Even though I'm a massive Tommy Hearns fan, I still must give credit to Hagler.

He was an absolute great. I don't think he ever got the respect he was truly due. The man was a beast who ruled the middleweight division for years. In fact, he'd have been champ for a much longer period of time if he didn't have to wait so long for his shot (and if he hadn't gotten robbed in the Antuofermo fight).

The Hagler-Hearns fight is still one of the greatest ever classics.

RIP Marvelous.