Mandatory Masks

Sorbate

Board Dumbass
Trusted Member
Well they have now instituted mandatory masks in Kingston.
Any indoor activity in public you must wear a mask.
I bought a washable for me and my wife and got banadanas for the staff. I told them if they wanted washable masks they had to pay for them.
Thing is these guys would lose them, wreck them and so on if I supplied them.
Same as disposable, each would wear 15 a day, I’d find them laying all over, it’s bad enough with hairnets.

Already had my first customer in an email gripe about there not being enough social distancing in the store. People have been pretty good about it. I’m not spending my day screaming at the people who pay me.
Funny part is the last couple days people have been better because of the new cases. Shit it would get bad at times before, and this lady was shopping durning that time. I even remember her standing pretty much on me when I was helping her buy a bottle of bbq sauce.
I so wanted to say, use curbside then, or come in about 30 min before closing, but I have found saying nothing is better. People trigger too easily.

So we now have 17 cases in the last 10 days.
So out of 160,000 people, oh I can’t do the math, but fuck it, too many, shut everything down, lol. Who needs an economy, lol.

Wearing masks will suck, I lift fairly heavy stuff all day, so breathing will be like wearing it at the gym, but if it makes the powers to be feel safer, and they don’t shut everything down again, I’m all for it.

Well they have now instituted mandatory masks in Kingston.
Any indoor activity in public you must wear a mask.
I bought a washable for me and my wife and got banadanas for the staff. I told them if they wanted washable masks they had to pay for them.
Thing is these guys would lose them, wreck them and so on if I supplied them.
Same as disposable, each would wear 15 a day, I’d find them laying all over, it’s bad enough with hairnets.

Already had my first customer in an email gripe about there not being enough social distancing in the store. People have been pretty good about it. I’m not spending my day screaming at the people who pay me.
Funny part is the last couple days people have been better because of the new cases. Shit it would get bad at times before, and this lady was shopping durning that time. I even remember her standing pretty much on me when I was helping her buy a bottle of bbq sauce.
I so wanted to say, use curbside then, or come in about 30 min before closing, but I have found saying nothing is better. People trigger too easily.

So we now have 17 cases in the last 10 days.
So out of 160,000 people, oh I can’t do the math, but fuck it, too many, shut everything down, lol. Who needs an economy, lol.

Wearing masks will suck, I lift fairly heavy stuff all day, so breathing will be like wearing it at the gym, but if it makes the powers to be feel safer, and they don’t shut everything down again, I’m all for it.

What a joke
I feel bad for you out there

Don’t think that shit would fly in Alberta even if they tried

What a joke

Damn right. I dont think Kennys going to let that shit fly either if they ever try it. He'd better not at least!

What a friggin joke this whole thing is.

What a joke

What a joke

You know guys, I don’t want to do it either. But if it keeps us from shutting down again, I’ll do what I have to do.
See I am booming at work right now, but it’s the future if they keep shutting us down I’m worried about, sometimes you need to look at the end game.

You know guys, I don’t want to do it either. But if it keeps us from shutting down again, I’ll do what I have to do.
See I am booming at work right now, but it’s the future if they keep shutting us down I’m worried about, sometimes you need to look at the end game.
Absolutely the right way to look at it. 100%. I have to wear a mask at work. I dont have a choice and as annoying as it is I am still employed so, it could be far worse. Worse like many peoples' situations are right now.

I supplied my team with lots of disposable masks. We work in a dirty environment with lots of sanding and such. They’ve all got 3M N95’s and the shitty surgical ones as well so we don’t blow through the 3M ones when not sanding and shit. It’s just the way it is now and I fully agree, I will do whatever to avoid the economy shutting down.

Sucks, but you seem to have the right attitude about it. The wife has to wear one at work, so do her clients. She hates it but admits it makes her feel a little safer at the end of the day.

Sucks, but you seem to have the right attitude about it. The wife has to wear one at work, so do her clients. She hates it but admits it makes her feel a little safer at the end of the day.

It doesn't make her safer. It makes others around her have less of a risk of getting coronavirus from her, if she has it unknowingly.

Reactions: Cog
It doesn't make her safer. It makes others around her have less of a risk of getting coronavirus from her, if she has it unknowingly.
Exactly and that is why they are doing it here.
And it blows my ass. I can't imagine wearing this for a year. Thank god I work early and no one is around for the first 4 hours, so only half days for me.

I will not comply with that shit. I will go off grid first.
I prefer isolation anyway.
I avoided it as long as I could. Most business were already wearing masks, we were one of the few that didn't. But I really have 2 choices. Either do it, or lose my income. Having values is great, but when you become destitute, I'm not sure if its worth it. But you do what makes you feel you need to.
Just like today I am not saying anything to customers without one. I know the government is threatening me with fines if I don't enforce it, but fuck them, I do not know who has an issue and cannot wear one, so I am not turning off my customers to find out.
Also thru peer pressure they will comply eventually. When everyone else is wearing one, they will feel awkward.

Is it right for all this shit to be imposed on us for a disease that is under 2% death rate? And now with all the information from ICU units we know exactly who the 2% are. If you have kept yourself healthy and been responsible, this virus is not a fear.
They are going way overboard and have guilted all of society over this.

I hope in the future people will become more responsible for themselves and take better care of themselves so they don't have to worry about a very mild illness killing them.

Just do what almost everyone else is doing and wear it under your nose lol say oh sorry it slipped down
Truthfully the washable ones without the elastic on the top and bottom of the mask to hold it more form fitting do not seal good at the top at all, so your breath just blows out the top anyways and its not restricting at all, but looks like you are doing the right thing, lol.

The kids at work keep pulling them on and off. I told them to just keep wearing it and this way you'll get used to it.

I gotta take a picture, I am sexy with my hairnet,. mask and apron. But im afraid I'll get dick pics after, lol

Truthfully the washable ones without the elastic on the top and bottom of the mask to hold it more form fitting do not seal good at the top at all, so your breath just blows out the top anyways and its not restricting at all, but looks like you are doing the right thing, lol.

The kids at work keep pulling them on and off. I told them to just keep wearing it and this way you'll get used to it.

I gotta take a picture, I am sexy with my hairnet,. mask and apron. But im afraid I'll get dick pics after, lol

Dick pics, hahahah!!

YES.. exactly.. her clients are required to wear one as well.

edit... she has done a client that lied and not quarantined when coming back from overseas. The masks gave her a bit of peace of mind.