Magnetic hotplate stirrer

trenaddik

Trusted Member
Anyone using this ? Which model ?

Is it worth it ? The good ones ive seen are like 300$ + :/

Well im asking if anyone is using a magnetic hotplate stirrer.. Which model and etc..

I dont have any pictures !

I never did home brew, but used one in medical lab class 2010.

I don't recall if it was heated, but it did mix solutions well.

@trenaddik
that too much unless you plan on going um commercial. i got a beat up used one off of ebay for $50 before their was amazon. you can still find them on amazon and ebay for over $50. if you live in a bigger city there is probably a used lab/ rental equipment store. they are shady as fuck so go with a friend, in their car. you sure you need it? i dont think you need it for gear. if you cant get gear to mix my hand, it will probably fall out of solution if you need fancy equipment to mix it. ive had troublesome smart drugs, ppars and mk powder. just left them in dilutant and shake every day. 2 week they are dissolved.

@trenaddik
that too much unless you plan on going um commercial. i got a beat up used one off of ebay for $50 before their was amazon. you can still find them on amazon and ebay for over $50. if you live in a bigger city there is probably a used lab/ rental equipment store. they are shady as fuck so go with a friend, in their car. you sure you need it? i dont think you need it for gear. if you cant get gear to mix my hand, it will probably fall out of solution if you need fancy equipment to mix it. ive had troublesome smart drugs, ppars and mk powder. just left them in dilutant and shake every day. 2 week they are dissolved.
What do u mean they are shady as fuck ?! go with a friend in their car 🤣

Yeah i need one. Found something on amazon for 100 cad :p

i mean they are probably under surveillance and justifiably so. one place in edmonton, a bald eastern european thug wouldnt let me in the door. i peeked at the equipment. small commercial. not for hackers or collage projects. for manufacturing non licensed something.

I use an 80$ aliexpress cheepie for yeast culturing, chem projects and beer brewing purposes. Holds a temp just fine all the way into the low 150'c range (IR thermometer).

Not sure how these are really all that useful for homebrew, though. You still have to remove the bar, and I doubt many of them can hold up to the viscosity of oil, without breaking the link to the bar and skipping revolutions.