Lowering cholesterol with oregano oil

Goldenrod

Staff member
Another easily available and relatively cheap supplement. Used for colds/viruses and bacterial infections and a host of other issues - there is evidence it will lower your cholesterol and help BP.
dreamstime_s_4011290.jpg

Countless experts believe oregano is the most effective example among herbs and spices for lowering cholesterol naturally. Oregano oil not only promotes a healthy heart but it reduces pain and inflammation and balances hormones, among numerous other health benefits.
apple-icon-57x57.png
universityhealthnews.com

Learn more about Oregano uses, effectiveness, possible side effects, interactions, dosage, user ratings and products that contain Oregano
webmd.ico
www.webmd.com

There are considerably more good articles / studies out there to read. There was concern that oregano oil may kill the good gut bacteria in the same manner as antibiotics but from experience, using it daily for months during cold and flu season, it had no negative sides. I buy the most potent I can find from St. Francis.
As to the viruses and bacteria - helping to get over colds, etc. I don’t find oregano does that much in comparison to olive leaf extract which is also known to be heart healthy. I use olive leaf extract when I get a cold with oregano oil (oregano oil by itself will not prevent the chest infections I am prone to).

This may sound like a dumb question but is oregano oil and oil of oregano the same thing?

Same thing.

You have to be sure you’re getting good quality oil that is unadulterated.

My wife sells doterra brand. It is far superior to any other I have tried. It is extremely potent. It works very well for cold and flu prevention. I just started taking my daily regimen because the kid is heading back to school. I take 1-2 drops daily throughout the cold and flu season and outside of last year when I stopped taking it a little too early and got sick in March, I have not been sick with cold or flu in two years. I don’t wait to start it when I feel symptom onset, prophylactic all season long.

It’s good stuff.

You are just jealous of my Birkenstock’s man!

Far out!
Morning BUN, does your wife carry both formulas - for digestion and for aromatherapy? Being a dumbass at times, I picked up a few oils during flu season only to find out my diffuser was going to get a work out. Dotera has a good reputation.

Morning BUN, does your wife carry both formulas - for digestion and for aromatherapy? Being a dumbass at times, I picked up a few oils during flu season only to find out my diffuser was going to get a work out. Dotera has a good reputation.

You can do both with doterra. Only essential oil line that is fully tested and certified for human consumption.

Now there’s obviously other oil of oregano that is for human use but no other essential oil company does testing like doterra nor do they recommend consumption.

There’s other blends that purify the air too that smell a little better than the oregano. It’s pretty pungent. They make a version of thieves oil that smells like Christmas. Clove oil and a few others would be good for diffusing as well.

Same thing.

You have to be sure you’re getting good quality oil that is unadulterated.

My wife sells doterra brand. It is far superior to any other I have tried. It is extremely potent. It works very well for cold and flu prevention. I just started taking my daily regimen because the kid is heading back to school. I take 1-2 drops daily throughout the cold and flu season and outside of last year when I stopped taking it a little too early and got sick in March, I have not been sick with cold or flu in two years. I don’t wait to start it when I feel symptom onset, prophylactic all season long.

It’s good stuff.
i buy dotera it burns but grate product line