Lower back pump

North_ape

Hey guys,
I have been having issues when training any movements with a hip hinge ( rack pulls, rdl's, rows that aren't chest supported) to the point where I have to cut the last few sets out due to a painful lower back pump. I am well hydrated, electrolytes are on point, and have added 5g of taurine pre workout. Any suggestions on how to alleviate this?
Thanks

Are you taking any supplements, medications or PEDs?

How’s your blood work? RBC/hemoglobin

I'm taking a
multi vitamin pack
milk thistle and fish oil

500 test cyp per week

I got my bloods done 2 weeks ago and my red blood cell was a bit high (5.61) .2 above reference range,
hemogloblin was 167 ( 3 below the top end of reference range)

I take a pump product and stim pre workout

Hey guys,
I have been having issues when training any movements with a hip hinge ( rack pulls, rdl's, rows that aren't chest supported) to the point where I have to cut the last few sets out due to a painful lower back pump. I am well hydrated, electrolytes are on point, and have added 5g of taurine pre workout. Any suggestions on how to alleviate this?
Thanks
I was going to say taurine... but you already have that... 5g!! Wow .. I do 1000mg pre and 1000mg post workout.

But ya taurine always fixes me up with that.
Hopefully you find a solution... I know how crappy that feels!!!

I'm taking a
multi vitamin pack

500 test cyp per week

I got my bloods done 2 weeks ago and my red blood cell was a bit high (5.61) .2 above reference range,

👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻Maybe drop this for a week and see if that helps.

Drop the pump product? I'll give it a shot, I've been taking the same pre for 6 months and I've always felt great.
Thanks!
Yeah, but, I’m just shooting in the dark here, I get crazy back pump when I use orals in my cycle.
you aren’t using any of those so the only thing that stands out to me is the pump product.

Assuming your form is good, wouldn’t hurt to try dropping some of the easy stuff out of there one at a time for a bit. See if you can narrow it down.
Just my thoughts.

Yeah, but, I’m just shooting in the dark here, I get crazy back pump when I use orals in my cycle.
you aren’t using any of those so the only thing that stands out to me is the pump product.

Assuming your form is good, wouldn’t hurt to try dropping some of the easy stuff out of there one at a time for a bit. See if you can narrow it down.
Just my thoughts.
Sounds good, I'll report back in a few days after I train

I think rigpig nailed it drop the easy shit first and you may get lucky , On my shoulder days I can’t take any pump enhancers and only half dose pre workout

I'm taking a
multi vitamin pack

500 test cyp per week

I never really read into it much but I’m guessing it’s the steroids and the pump product

Only way to find out is to remove one at a time and see what works for you

do you get adequate magnesium, vitamin d and calcium?

Reactions: PGM
You could drop one of your pre-workouts, even the stim stuff usually have pump products in there.

Also what helps massively is training abs directly after lower back work. Hanging leg raises etc to open up and stretch out. Try it, its good. JM advocates for it in his programs.

I get that if I take dbol or abombs right before I workout...the pump is painful and makes finishing the workout impossible. My solution was to take the orals after I work out or several hours before.

I never really read into it much but I’m guessing it’s the steroids and the pump product

Only way to find out is to remove one at a time and see what works for you

do you get adequate magnesium, vitamin d and calcium?
I should have all the vitamins and minerals covered with my multi pack. Ill check that tonight

I get that if I take dbol or abombs right before I workout...the pump is painful and makes finishing the workout impossible. My solution was to take the orals after I work out or several hours before.

No doubt, dbol is definitely a culprit. I had to cut my squat sets short today becaudr of this.

The fix for me is when my back gets pumped I do leg extensions, 5 sets of 10, 15 sec pause. This pumps my legs and pulls the blood out of my back and I can get back to my workout... probably bro science but it seems to work for me.

I know some PEDs can cause lower back pumps but, I think an even bigger culprit is improper alignment or either the lower back itself, your hips or your feet. It could also be from improper lifting technique or lifting a load thats too heavy for the muscle group you're actually trying to train. Look up the Joe Defrancos 'limber 11' stretching routine to free up your lower back and hips. Get some deep tissue/ART and Chriro work to realign everything. Pay close attention to your feet as well....do they pronate?, do you have any strange of bunions or anything? Because if your feet are out of whack everything above them with those in their footsteps......literally.

I know some PEDs can cause lower back pumps but, I think an even bigger culprit is improper alignment or either the lower back itself, your hips or your feet. It could also be from improper lifting technique or lifting a load thats too heavy for the muscle group you're actually trying to train. Look up the Joe Defrancos 'limber 11' stretching routine to free up your lower back and hips. Get some deep tissue/ART and Chriro work to realign everything. Pay close attention to your feet as well....do they pronate?, do you have any strange of bunions or anything? Because if your feet are out of whack everything above them with those in their footsteps......literally.
Thanks for all the replys. It seems that there were 2 issues. My hips/ lower back needed some work, and the pump product along with my cycle seemed to cause the discomfort. Booked some physio and have been doing more hip/ lower back stretching, and dropped the pump product on pull day.
Thanks everyone for the advise!
-Ape

Only once did dbol give me such insane lower back pumps/tightness that I couldn't continue lifting and they were those British dispensary pink 5mg tabs. Best pumps I have ever had though haha. My face ballooned up real good.