Life wow!

Bagua

Staff member
Holy crap. I have a close friend whose six year old has cancer in the brain and the spinal cord. Currently being treated with proton radiation in Memphis. My mother-in-law died after a very quick battle with cancer. Now one of my closest friends sister was killed in the Ethiopian Airlines crash. Life is precious. Hug your loved ones.

So true brother. Life is short, you never know when time is up. My uncle is actually on his last bit of cancer. Nothing can be done for him and they are expecting him to go soon. It’s been weeks since he was diagnosed and he has deteriorated very fast. I have a hard time dealing with death and I tend to hide away when it happens. Not that anyone deals with it well.

So true brother. Life is short, you never know when time is up. My uncle is actually on his last bit of cancer. Nothing can be done for him and they are expecting him to go soon. It’s been weeks since he was diagnosed and he has deteriorated very fast. I have a hard time dealing with death and I tend to hide away when it happens. Not that anyone deals with it well.

It is hard to deal with. Losing folks leaves a huge gap in our lives that is there forever. I think we simply get used to the feeling.
We all want to hide.

It is hard to deal with. Losing folks leaves a huge gap in our lives that is there forever. I think we simply get used to the feeling.
We all want to hide.
So true my friend. I always find smashing the iron has always been my escape. It tends to lead me to over training, because I will push my self beyond failure more then I should just to feel more physical pain then the emotional pain.

So true my friend. I always find smashing the iron has always been my escape. It tends to lead me to over training, because I will push my self beyond failure more then I should just to feel more physical pain then the emotional pain.

So many people feel the same thing.

@Bagua It’s a horrible feeling brother. Thoughts are with you and your family during this extremely tough time

I’m with @Lumberjack the gym is my therapist. The physical pain I feel turns off the emotional pain for the time being. Gives you a reprieve from it and I find I deal with it a little easier after I’ve cleared my head a bit.

I hear ya. My sister just spent a month doing and waiting for tests with doctors expecting that she has Lukemia. Good news is she does not, bad news is nobody knows what she has.

She just had her first baby 6 months ago...

Going through same shit here right now. A friend, but not a very close one - has high grade glioma, i.e. aggressive brain cancer originating from spine. Can't be operated and he's gone from 100% healthy to deaf and borderline blind in 4 weeks and personality is not the same anymore. Non smoker, non drinker. Just a reminder that you can lose EVERYTHING just like. Fuck it feels so wrong it drives me nuts. Can't stand to see a person I know perish in front of my eyes like that.

Going through same shit here right now. A friend, but not a very close one - has high grade glioma, i.e. aggressive brain cancer originating from spine. Can't be operated and he's gone from 100% healthy to deaf and borderline blind in 4 weeks and personality is not the same anymore. Non smoker, non drinker. Just a reminder that you can lose EVERYTHING just like. Fuck it feels so wrong it drives me nuts. Can't stand to see a person I know perish in front of my eyes like that.

Sorry to see that, sir.

I’m sorry to hear about the tragedies and traumas people are going through on here with friends and loved ones sick or dying.
I count my blessings everyday that my family and friends are healthy as we speak and this thread certainly puts into perspective how precious and unpredictable life can be

Yup shit sneaks up on you, and those close to you. It seems it can come out of nowhere, tuck your kids in and kiss the wife goodnight.....

Having had 3 cancer scares, diagnosed with chronic and then pending heart failure, 2 strokes, blood clots in my legs, polyps on my lungs and an enlarged heart changes ones perspective on life

I have more fun now then ever before. I know I could go at any time so if I want to do it I up and do it. Kicked last ex to the curb. First time I ever was the one to breakup with anyone. In many ways she was a fantastic lady. But she failed at being a good woman to me. Without all my health issues odds are she would still be with me.