Life extensions European milk thistle

Goldenrod

Staff member
Milk thistle has long been listed as a liver and to some degree some kidney protection herb but the bioavailability is reported to be low with many products. Life extensions has added phosphatidyl choline, which is an excellent liver protectant, to increase the bioavailability.
Fact or accurate - don’t know but it is their claim and they are a quality company.
GR

Milk thistle has long been listed as a liver and to some degree some kidney protection herb but the bioavailability is reported to be low with many products. Life extensions has added phosphatidyl choline, which is an excellent liver protectant, to increase the bioavailability.
Fact or accurate - don’t know but it is their claim and they are a quality company.
GR

I believe i read that phosphatidylcholine does indeed increase the bioavailability of milk thistle and that you can take less milk thistle if you take these together
i haven't tried life extensions version but suprisingly the walmart brand equate milk thistle has worked well for me (only tried store brands) the 1000mg capsules

I actually stopped using milk thistle a while ago thinking TUDCA was better, but ever since i started using milk thistle, i've seen a huge improvement

Last edited:
Damn i always thought milk thistle was a scam. Are you guys actually seeing improved liver values from just milk thistle?

Damn i always thought milk thistle was a scam. Are you guys actually seeing improved liver values from just milk thistle?

this is exactly what i thought, i don't even remember how i came to thinking milk thistle didn't work

i stopped using milk thistle for a while, but trust me, it definitely works

i think you just need to take enough,

i read a study saying 420mg of silymarin extract (standardized 70-80%) 3x a day for 6-8weeks
240mg of silymarin extract (standardized 70-80%) 3x a day as a maintenance dose

Last edited:
As for Life Extension they are a solid company so you can trust the quality of their products. I am big fan of milk thistle for liver health. Even though it may be considered as old school due to new compounds getting all the hype like Tudca and Udca, the reality is that is is excellent for elevated liver enzymes