Larry Wheels

Built like a cement truck, strong like Thor I don't think there's any other way to describe him

Strong as fuck a d fairly young. He will be beating records for a while if he can stay healthy. I have adapted his dead lift setup and i love it.

Nice dude too! Sometimes you see guys with sudden good fortune and fame from a killer successful set of genetics and they just aren't...people.

Next question and I only ask because it's come up between friends? Real or gear? The whole world's strongest man scene is going through people saying every damn one of them is now that Halfthor came out and said he was. It's it the world's strongest man or world's best cycle? (If it's okay to ask this)

Nice dude too! Sometimes you see guys with sudden good fortune and fame from a killer successful set of genetics and they just aren't...people.

Next question and I only ask because it's come up between friends? Real or gear? The whole world's strongest man scene is going through people saying every damn one of them is now that Halfthor came out and said he was. It's it the world's strongest man or world's best cycle? (If it's okay to ask this)
everyone is on gear....lol. You dont get to that level without it. Genetics play a huge role and with good genetics you dont need much gear.

Larry has admitted to using gear.

Quite simply, anyone who competes or is at that high level is on gear.

I know pro boxers who use gear..
I know other pros in other tested sports that use gear (Including hockey)

The boxer I know uses Test Base and his team ensures he passes all drug tests.

Like @Cheapshot hsaid,
They're all on gear.

You'd have a harder time finding guys at a proffesional level who ARENT using gear.

Let alone guys like larry who are in untested circuits like strongman or PL (Natural PL is boring)

Which on a side note, I know a couple PL from tested and "Natural" leagues who juice more than I do.

Stuff like Test no Ester, leaves your system pretty quick.

Shit, you don't see many physiques like that in powerlifting!

Larry's so interesting because he crosses over between power lifting and strongest man and body building. They three don't naturally get along...like the WSM using large amounts of belly fat to help support lifting stones high enough to get into a cradle or just push an Atlas above their heads.

Being ripped seems to be more of a hindrance than a helper except in the speed events they're starting to push.

Larry's so interesting because he crosses over between power lifting and strongest man and body building. They three don't naturally get along...like the WSM using large amounts of belly fat to help support lifting stones high enough to get into a cradle or just push an Atlas above their heads.

Being ripped seems to be more of a hindrance than a helper except in the speed events they're starting to push.

Tell that to mateusz kieliszkowski

Tell that to mateusz kieliszkowski

Is he one of the "new guard" of competitors? Strong but also very quick? Guys like Brian Shaw are the strongest but with the competitions turning to races they're really not as competitive.

This year's Elephant Bar was just dangerous with it twitching the weight around like it does. I don't agree that a deadlift should be twitchy. It's hard enough to lift 1000 pounds without the bar bouncing around. Couple guys got hurt because of it.

Is he one of the "new guard" of competitors? Strong but also very quick? Guys like Brian Shaw are the strongest but with the competitions turning to races they're really not as competitive.

This year's Elephant Bar was just dangerous with it twitching the weight around like it does. I don't agree that a deadlift should be twitchy. It's hard enough to lift 1000 pounds without the bar bouncing around. Couple guys got hurt because of it.

Elephant is a different type of lift.
It favors slower power guys.

Eddie Hall pulls LESS on Elephant actually.
Thor pulls higher on elephant.

Eddie is more of an explosive athlete than Thor.

It just requires a different style, one that certain strongman athletes built for.

I wouldnt call him "New Gaurd"
Both Mateusz and Mariusz are fuxking ripped.

Last time I checked, Mariusz was unstoppable when he competed.

Larry is a great athlete, love him and his content.
But when compared to a guy like Mariusz who wont WSM repeatedly while being shredded... he doesnt stand up.

He didnt even get invited to the Arnold Qualifiers.
Last year, he lost the amateur show where 1st place was allowed to qualify (Pre bicep tear)

The guy that beat him, didnt even qaulity lol.

Once again, Larry is awesome and I love his content, but hes not even close to the "Ripped" strongmen that came before him and won titles.

Elephant is a different type of lift.

Larry is a great athlete, love him and his content.
But when compared to a guy like Mariusz who wont WSM repeatedly while being shredded... he doesn't stand up.

He didnt even get invited to the Arnold Qualifiers.
Last year, he lost the amateur show where 1st place was allowed to qualify (Pre bicep tear)

The guy that beat him, didnt even qaulity lol.

Once again, Larry is awesome and I love his content, but hes not even close to the "Ripped" strongmen that came before him and won titles.

Mariusz is IMO the best but funny enough he got popped in 2004 for having gear on board. I wasn't aware they were still testing given how Halfthor admitted right to them that he was on when he won. I mean the guy admits it and they didn't strip his title?

It seems like Wheels is working his way up to WSM. At least by his comments, he is. It must be a hell of a lot more than just rushing at it. You have to condition for 30 second to minute and a half absolute maximum loads.

It'd be cool to see Francois Caron step up and podium or even win WSM this year. He seems to have picked up some gut to help him regrip while holding a stone or weight.

I know I kind of wish we knew who was the true WSM versus who has the best gear or who was fastest on everything while being close to the strongest but not.

As for Eddie Hall, GOD, did you see the night that Eddie Hall did his one-ton lift at the European championships? They dragged Bill Kazmer out for colour commentary and he was so disjointed and slow that it was SO sad. I just watched the full event on YouTube and man he's aged badly.

Mariusz is IMO the best but funny enough he got popped in 2004 for having gear on board. I wasn't aware they were still testing given how Halfthor admitted right to them that he was on when he won. I mean the guy admits it and they didn't strip his title?

It seems like Wheels is working his way up to WSM. At least by his comments, he is. It must be a hell of a lot more than just rushing at it. You have to condition for 30 second to minute and a half absolute maximum loads.

It'd be cool to see Francois Caron step up and podium or even win WSM this year. He seems to have picked up some gut to help him regrip while holding a stone or weight.

I know I kind of wish we knew who was the true WSM versus who has the best gear or who was fastest on everything while being close to the strongest but not.

As for Eddie Hall, GOD, did you see the night that Eddie Hall did his one-ton lift at the European championships? They dragged Bill Kazmer out for colour commentary and he was so disjointed and slow that it was SO sad. I just watched the full event on YouTube and man he's aged badly.

I guess I understand why they do it.

Guys like Hafthor really arent rha strongest.
For example, Iron Biby beats Thors Total (DL/BP/SQ)
He is technically stronger in everything but deadlift.

The WSM organizers dont really want the big fat Heavyweights like Iron Biby being the stars.

They want these big titans like Mateusz and Thor
WSM is still a spectacle sport.
For example, Dr. Deadlift pulls like 940 at 220.
That's fucking insane.
Deadlift Panda just pulled 800s at 180

They KILL all the WSM at Lb for Lb.

They have a very specific type of physique and power in mind for strongman

If they didnt have those expectations, PL stars would show up and win WSM

I guess I understand why they do it.

They want these big titans like Mateusz and Thor
WSM is still a spectacle sport.
For example, Dr. Deadlift pulls like 940 at 220.
That's fucking insane.
Deadlift Panda just pulled 800s at 180

They KILL all the WSM at Lb for Lb.

They have a very specific type of physique and power in mind for strongman

If they didnt have those expectations, PL stars would show up and win WSM

Ummm the world record holder for deadlift is Eddie Hall(WSM). I understand different people are different weights have great results however when you get to a certain point of weight lifting, adding as little as ten or twenty pounds takes 5 out of 6 people out of being able to lift 1015 pounds. I'm trying to explain in a better way that the top end of lifting is much more difficult than the bottom end.

Example. Like, let's say 50 guys can get to 950. Add 25 and 48 of those guys can't do it despite the amount of weight seeming to be a pittance..

Ummm the world record holder for deadlift is Eddie Hall(WSM). I understand different people are different weights have great results however when you get to a certain point of weight lifting, adding as little as ten or twenty pounds takes 5 out of 6 people out of being able to lift 1015 pounds. I'm trying to explain in a better way that the top end of lifting is much more difficult than the bottom end.

Example. Like, let's say 50 guys can get to 950. Add 25 and 48 of those guys can't do it despite the amount of weight seeming to be a pittance..

You missed my point
Eddie weighed over 440 lbs at the time
He lifted 500kg
Dr deadlift weighed 220 lbs
Lifted 430 kg

At half his weight, hes putting up numbers.
That makes him, LB FOR LB
Much stronger than any WSM

Iron Biby out squats everyone at WSM.

I'm just saying, strongman is a spectacle sport. unless we want to watch the huge fat guys start winning, they will keep thespeed competitions in the mix.
Biby crushes all of their big 3 totals

with all due respect for the weight being moved "deadlift" lololol . Aberration of such ? Yes. Real deadlift? No.

I think it's dishonest the way they use the term. How hard would it be to call it something else? Make up a "strongman" specific name.

If we are gonna call it a deadlift it should be with a regulation bar and plates, no straps. Right now we are comparing apples and oranges and tires and wheels and baskets full of ugly women etc.
silly
feels good to get that off my chest :)

Anybody recall the Quebecois strongman that set a record in that straddle dead,1400?That was a few decades ago.