Lantus OTC in canada

iron sing

Trusted Member
in the past i have ordered from diabetesexpress.ca but this time they are asking for a script? i thought you don't need it in canada? i always get humalog from walmart no questions asked.

anyone have same experiences? can i just get it from walmart or will i be asked a million questions lol. i mean americans come up here to get it all the time without a script cause its half the prices so not sure if its just the pharmacy being dicks or ???

It's at their discretion. Rapid acting and regular insulins are OTC in Canada. Long acting/blends are not. Some pharmacists won't question it and will sell anything OTC. Some are hard with the rules.

^what this guy said. pharmacist gave me troubles once for humalog... absolutely wanted a script, I left and got the slin from another pharmacy no questions lol. diabetesexpress never asked for script for lantus, maybe that changed recently. Maybe you can try to order fast acting slin only, then do another order for long acting slin couple weeks later, you'll already be in their system so maybe they won't ask this time...
In any case slin is not worth it unless your goal is to be 300lbs with abs! then it is required... other than that its not worth the trouble and the fact that it will add layers of water, fat and kinda ruin your physique by making you more ''blocky''... unless all you do is something like 10iu pre workout, milos style with a lot of shakes only then you should be fine but it wouldn't give much added results anyway so again, not worth it...

thanks guys i actually got it from Walmart. the pharmacist said lotta pharmacist don't know the law themselves lol its not required in Canada to have an RX if you are paying for insulin privately. if your going to bill to your benefits than they need to give you a receipt and need a RX from your doctor.

it was 66 bucks for 10ml vial of Lantus at Walmart cheaper than diabetes express.