KOC- KILLERS OF CANADA

i am talking specifically about Auto. I have done auto, HD off road, HD truck and trailer, some millwright. They are different.
I agree trades are the way to go over university. But not automotive. There is a reason why there is a shortage across Canada. Same reason i moved up
North. Anywhere else is doesnt pay shit. Where ive been last dozen years has paid me very well, but had to move away from all friends and family if wanted more than an apartment and a $1000 car.
I am past the tools. No matter what my situation i will never go back on the floor doing that job. May sound dumb but i would go without before ever going back to that shit. I hate it that much. Lol
You bet, auto guys get ripped off for sure. Greedy auto companies find all the loopholes.

You bet, auto guys get ripped off for sure. Greedy auto companies find all the loopholes.

That and the expense. I had guys working for me that had $100,000 easy in their toolboxes!
That is excessive and not required. Like i would never buy a Snap on tool box for 20-30 grand, but many people do. I have so many tools i can do just about anything. I love buying tools for me, but. Ot spending a couple hundred on a tool to fix one car for someone else. Tell the boss we cant do this job because need special tools. They try and say you are obligated to acquire these tools. Now it costs you money to go to work. Fuck that.
I have seen a few dealerships now that supply tools, but they refuse to buy the little things that help you make time.
Even though i was able to kill it working flat rate, i saw many guys that would always lose. And these were guys that love the trade, but forced to move on for guaranteed pay.

That and the expense. I had guys working for me that had $100,000 easy in their toolboxes!
That is excessive and not required. Like i would never buy a Snap on tool box for 20-30 grand, but many people do. I have so many tools i can do just about anything. I love buying tools for me, but. Ot spending a couple hundred on a tool to fix one car for someone else. Tell the boss we cant do this job because need special tools. They try and say you are obligated to acquire these tools. Now it costs you money to go to work. Fuck that.
I have seen a few dealerships now that supply tools, but they refuse to buy the little things that help you make time.
Even though i was able to kill it working flat rate, i saw many guys that would always lose. And these were guys that love the trade, but forced to move on for guaranteed pay.
Yeah, it is crazy with the habitual tool buying and chasing the snap on truck like a 5 yr old chasing the ice cream truck.
I have pretty much any tool one could want as well, I had more but I got broken into in 2015 and stole everything, so now I have nice shiny new ones that don't get used much at home. Still had to replace for insurance purposes to show recpts.
I have a tool list that I give to my managers to give to their supervisors, who in turn give to the trades. Electrician list, Pipefitter list, welder list, and Millwright list.
They need certain tools and then I buy the rest of the big , specialty tools for my guys. NDT testing eqpt,
Laser aligners, ultrasonic eqpt. Thermal imagery, x-ray eqpt etc. etc. easily go for 25-60,000+ per unit.
So I could never expect guys to have their own. Just have to keep them signed in and out or they can go for a walk on big shutdowns etc with a couple thousand contractors on site in some situations....I've lost many a specialty tool over the years. But now with tracking devices etc and tool crib attendants etc, it is easier to control.
Lots of modified tools for that one off weird fuc*&^ location you need to have go go gadget arms and fingers for. lol
I am proud to say I have not bought any snap on tools except a ratchet, they have half clicks and way less swing than some other brands. Not much else.