Keto/Carnivore HR Increase?

Grey Beard

Trusted Member
Wondering if anyone has experience with Keto/Carnivore diets. I have been eating as such for just over 2 weeks. About a week or so in I noticed that my heart rate has increased a fair bit and is still up as of this morning.

Can anyone shed some light? How do I get it back down?

What are you running right now? How much has it increased?
Like @Brbpuppy said - low carb diets can impact stress and the stress hormones. Do you feel anxious?

Can't say I've ever heard of that. I've been on a cycling keto diet because being strict keto takes the fun out of my life lmao but I haven't had any problems with anxiety. Have there been any other changes in your life that may not be as obvious of a contributing factor?

What are you running right now? How much has it increased?
Like @Brbpuppy said - low carb diets can impact stress and the stress hormones. Do you feel anxious?
My fitbit has me up to 61 from 56 bpm average. My sleeping heart rate was 58-59 for a week or so. Last night was better back to 56. My blood pressure has increased as well. I read that this increase should go away as I get fat adapted, mabye my electrolytes are wonky. I added a little more salt and a bit of potassium, but I am on an ARB and have to be careful with potassium.

The only thing I’ve heard of keto diet affecting is liver and kidneys but definitely not a heart.