JOURNAL: A Girl on Gear

Please hang in there! You will be shocked by our ability to not only recover but exceed expectations! Believe me I have ample evidence of the fact!

Keep inspiring the rest of us with your posts and threads!

Merry Christmas!

Chin up and Merry Christmas @German89!
Lol, Yes sir. Sometimes I forget to come here when I start getting in my head.
Merry Christmas
Please hang in there! You will be shocked by our ability to not only recover but exceed expectations! Believe me I have ample evidence of the fact!

Keep inspiring the rest of us with your posts and threads!

Merry Christmas!
Merry Christmas.

On a side note, I had to put one of my gym memberships on hold, absolute mask nazi's, I can't deal with that crap. I was only going at four in the morning for cardio... And it wasn't an issue up until last week... I got two harassing calls and then, I said fuck you. When I called to speak to the owner and i explained like, i can't do cardio with a mask on, he said it's the rules, they had a health inspector in... I just said put my account on hold until this made up law is done.

My other gym is understanding but now since dictator ford wants us all on lock down, ten members in at a time, with a 50 minute limit.. I'll take what I can get at this point. Try finding another gym for morning cardio if I can.

We are now 8 months into, 'two weeks to flatten the curve'.

Lol, Yes sir. Sometimes I forget to come here when I start getting in my head.
Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas.

On a side note, I had to put one of my gym memberships on hold, absolute mask nazi's, I can't deal with that crap. I was only going at four in the morning for cardio... And it wasn't an issue up until last week... I got two harassing calls and then, I said fuck you. When I called to speak to the owner and i explained like, i can't do cardio with a mask on, he said it's the rules, they had a health inspector in... I just said put my account on hold until this made up law is done.

My other gym is understanding but now since dictator ford wants us all on lock down, ten members in at a time, with a 50 minute limit.. I'll take what I can get at this point. Try finding another gym for morning cardio if I can.

We are now 8 months into, 'two weeks to flatten the curve'.
Still lucky enough to use the gym out here in BC. I where a mask moving from zone to zone in the gym. Not on cardio or benches as long as no one is with in 10 feet of me.

I know I'm going to get a bike for home. Its the only answer left. before we go in to lockdown here an the price soars!!!

Happy New Year Everyone!

Quick update. My left hand is back 100% I've heard horror stories and I really was hoping nothing bad would happen to my hand. It's still a little sensitive from incision but, picking up/gripping is not an issue any more - not sure about pushing since gyms aren't open at the moment. My right hand is due on the 28th. This one will be a little harder for me, as it's my dominate hand, and i just bought another manual vehicle - I don't know why i'm so hard headed with manual, please don't ask.

With gyms shut, I've been trying to reestablish my 'at home' routine - my goal right now is learning the art of jumping rope - it's not that damn easy, what the hell! I did 20 mins this morning, 10 second intervals of skipping, either a set of sissy squats or lunges and then 10 second break, did it outside in the cold - peaceful for me. I truly love the cooler weather.

And thats about it. I hope you're all doing well.. Where is the "conspiracy" thread at?

Happy New Year Everyone!

Quick update. My left hand is back 100% I've heard horror stories and I really was hoping nothing bad would happen to my hand. It's still a little sensitive from incision but, picking up/gripping is not an issue any more - not sure about pushing since gyms aren't open at the moment. My right hand is due on the 28th. This one will be a little harder for me, as it's my dominate hand, and i just bought another manual vehicle - I don't know why i'm so hard headed with manual, please don't ask.

With gyms shut, I've been trying to reestablish my 'at home' routine - my goal right now is learning the art of jumping rope - it's not that damn easy, what the hell! I did 20 mins this morning, 10 second intervals of skipping, either a set of sissy squats or lunges and then 10 second break, did it outside in the cold - peaceful for me. I truly love the cooler weather.

And thats about it. I hope you're all doing well.. Where is the "conspiracy" thread at?
Thank god! I found learning to skip friggin tough!! I thought it was me!! Good on ya!!

Thank god! I found learning to skip friggin tough!! I thought it was me!! Good on ya!!
LMFAO it's hard mann and i'm a girl!!! I used to double dutch but i don't even think I could do that any more..

So far from what i've gathered, start slowly and then build your way up. stay on the balls of your feet and be "light" the fuk ever that means.. I ain't light.

Happy New Year Everyone!

Lol, skipping.
I bought a rope, had not skipped since I was 16. Used to use it for cardio when I kick boxed.
Anyhow now I’m 70 lbs heavier and it was really hard to do.
Truthfully my ankles hurt and I gave up.

Good luck, I hope you do better than me.

Btw, nice seeing you on here again.

Lol, skipping.
I bought a rope, had not skipped since I was 16. Used to use it for cardio when I kick boxed.

Lol!! Try in your 60's! it is first class multi-tasking

Happy New Year Everyone!

Hey, nice to hear that your surgery went well too!!!

Had my left done on nov 10 and gonna have my right hand done on jan 14. I pretty happy with the result still haven't recovered all my grip strength completly but it's on the good way.

Wish you good luck for the second surgery

Lol, skipping.
I'm very determined. I must master it even if I am just OKAY at it lol

Thanks ;)

Lol!! Try in your 60's! it is first class multi-tasking
LMAO! I accept the challenge but, i got like 28 years to go til i am 60.
Hey, nice to hear that your surgery went well too!!!

Had my left done on nov 10 and gonna have my right hand done on jan 14. I pretty happy with the result still haven't recovered all my grip strength completly but it's on the good way.

Wish you good luck for the second surgery
I wish you luck too. I am happy I did my left hand first. The pain was going up into my elbow.. It's not as bad any more but, still some discomfort in my forearm. It's still a little sore right where the cut is, bruise like pain. I kept moving and working my hand the whole time, the first four weeks were tough. Otherwise, the doctor did a great job. I cried when I was laying down. I got overly anxious and I spoke back to him. I didn't mean to in a bad way - he asked why I can't wear a mask and then, I said he can't ask me that... Then he put Christmas music on.. Then I got in my head, "G, why did you say that to him, he's about to cut you open, he can fuk you up if he wants" he numbs my hand, and tears start rolling after he left the room. The nurse asked why I was crying, I just told her I was anxious lol.

God 28 years to practice before you are 60! Thank heavens I'll be a pile of dust by then!!

[email protected] noticed you mentioned Niagara in one of your posts. I am from St. Catharines.
Raised my family in Thorold.

It was always a bodybuilding and powerlifting Hotbed in the past. I moved to BC 19 years ago.

cheers!!

Right hand was corrected on Jan 28th. It healed super quick. It wasn't nearly as bad as my left.. Just waiting on these assholes to open gyms up again. I pulled 55lb db about a few days after my stitches were removed. My grip is pretty much back. My left hand is still a little 'off'. No more numbing so, thankful for that.

I’m glad to hear you are recovering and able to lift again.
Thankfully. I didn't think I wouldn't have recovered. I know there is a doctor here that botches the surgery but, I also think a lot of people who get it done, don't keep moving their hands and it screws them later. Everyday I was wiggling, and gripping what i could handle. It's still sensitive where they cut but, it will heal. Just like when I lost my ovary. It took a good 4 mos to feel almost normal. a year later, no pain just a weird scar.